Disable data connection on Q9h?

Contributor

Disable data connection on Q9h?

I hope this is an easy answer.  I have started using my old Q9h as a GoPhone for emergencies.  I keep "accidentally" using data minutes when my phone tries to synch or if I start the wrong application.  Is there a way to disable the data connection so this won't happen? 

Turning off the data connection is a very easy operation on my blackberry but I'm going crazy trying to find a similar setting in WM6.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: Disable data connection on Q9h?

You can download an app from the market called APN on/off,or find the APN settings and create another APN and name it "Off" and switch to it when you don't want to be connected.I found that the APN on/off from the market is more convenient

Message 2 of 4
Professor

monte3360 wrote:

I hope this is an easy answer.  I have started using my old Q9h as a GoPhone for emergencies.  I keep "accidentally" using data minutes when my phone tries to synch or if I start the wrong application.  Is there a way to disable the data connection so this won't happen? 

Turning off the data connection is a very easy operation on my blackberry but I'm going crazy trying to find a similar setting in WM6.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I use a free program named Modaco NoData. Google it

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

NoData works great.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support