Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 6, 2010
1:33:40 PM
View profile
Disable data connection on Q9h?

I hope this is an easy answer.  I have started using my old Q9h as a GoPhone for emergencies.  I keep "accidentally" using data minutes when my phone tries to synch or if I start the wrong application.  Is there a way to disable the data connection so this won't happen? 

Turning off the data connection is a very easy operation on my blackberry but I'm going crazy trying to find a similar setting in WM6.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I hope this is an easy answer.  I have started using my old Q9h as a GoPhone for emergencies.  I keep "accidentally" using data minutes when my phone tries to synch or if I start the wrong application.  Is there a way to disable the data connection so this won't happen? 

Turning off the data connection is a very easy operation on my blackberry but I'm going crazy trying to find a similar setting in WM6.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Disable data connection on Q9h?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 6:14:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

You can download an app from the market called APN on/off,or find the APN settings and create another APN and name it "Off" and switch to it when you don't want to be connected.I found that the APN on/off from the market is more convenient

You can download an app from the market called APN on/off,or find the APN settings and create another APN and name it "Off" and switch to it when you don't want to be connected.I found that the APN on/off from the market is more convenient

Re: Disable data connection on Q9h?

2 of 4 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 12:38:59 PM
(0)
Professor

monte3360 wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks

I use a free program named Modaco NoData. Google it

monte3360 wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks

I use a free program named Modaco NoData. Google it

Re: Disable data connection on Q9h?

3 of 4 (647 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 8:48:14 AM
(0)
Contributor