Disable data connection on Q9h?

Contributor

Disable data connection on Q9h?

I hope this is an easy answer.  I have started using my old Q9h as a GoPhone for emergencies.  I keep "accidentally" using data minutes when my phone tries to synch or if I start the wrong application.  Is there a way to disable the data connection so this won't happen? 

Turning off the data connection is a very easy operation on my blackberry but I'm going crazy trying to find a similar setting in WM6.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (1,334 Views)
Teacher

Re: Disable data connection on Q9h?

You can download an app from the market called APN on/off,or find the APN settings and create another APN and name it "Off" and switch to it when you don't want to be connected.I found that the APN on/off from the market is more convenient

Message 2 of 4 (711 Views)
Professor

monte3360 wrote:

I hope this is an easy answer.  I have started using my old Q9h as a GoPhone for emergencies.  I keep "accidentally" using data minutes when my phone tries to synch or if I start the wrong application.  Is there a way to disable the data connection so this won't happen? 

Turning off the data connection is a very easy operation on my blackberry but I'm going crazy trying to find a similar setting in WM6.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I use a free program named Modaco NoData. Google it

Message 3 of 4 (701 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

NoData works great.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (465 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.