Disable Data Service?

Contributor

Disable Data Service?

Hi, I've been with ATT for over 2 years now. My question is now that im available for an upgrade, can i upgrade my LG incite for a Motorola Atrix w/o data service?

**I had always had data disabled (even after they required it) and do not plan on using data services what so ever.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Disable Data Service?

rantastic wrote:
Hi, I've been with ATT for over 2 years now. My question is now that im available for an upgrade, can i upgrade my LG incite for a Motorola Atrix w/o data service?

**I had always had data disabled (even after they required it) and do not plan on using data services what so ever.

Thanks!

No a data plan is required for a smartphone, no way around it.

Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: Disable Data Service?

rantastic wrote:

Thanks!

Unfortunately no. You currently have a data exception that lets you to use a smartphone without requiring a Data Plan, but if you change your device to another phone, even if you don't upgrade, that exception will be removed and you will be required a Data Plan if you use a new smartphone.

And you won't be able to recove it if you return to your Incite, if you also have that question. Hope this helps.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support