Disable Data Service?

Contributor

Disable Data Service?

Hi, I've been with ATT for over 2 years now. My question is now that im available for an upgrade, can i upgrade my LG incite for a Motorola Atrix w/o data service?

**I had always had data disabled (even after they required it) and do not plan on using data services what so ever.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3 (2,195 Views)
Expert

Re: Disable Data Service?

rantastic wrote:
Hi, I've been with ATT for over 2 years now. My question is now that im available for an upgrade, can i upgrade my LG incite for a Motorola Atrix w/o data service?

**I had always had data disabled (even after they required it) and do not plan on using data services what so ever.

Thanks!

No a data plan is required for a smartphone, no way around it.

Message 2 of 3 (2,183 Views)
Guru

Re: Disable Data Service?

rantastic wrote:

Thanks!

Unfortunately no. You currently have a data exception that lets you to use a smartphone without requiring a Data Plan, but if you change your device to another phone, even if you don't upgrade, that exception will be removed and you will be required a Data Plan if you use a new smartphone.

And you won't be able to recove it if you return to your Incite, if you also have that question. Hope this helps.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (2,157 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.