Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 4, 2010
8:24:54 AM
View profile
Different notifications for different email accounts?

I have a iPhone 3GS. I was wondering if there was a way to have different notifications for different email accounts? e.g. I want Lady Gaga to play when I get an email from my Yahoo account and I want Katy Perry to play when I get an email from my Gmail account. Is this possible without jailbreaking it?

I have a iPhone 3GS. I was wondering if there was a way to have different notifications for different email accounts? e.g. I want Lady Gaga to play when I get an email from my Yahoo account and I want Katy Perry to play when I get an email from my Gmail account. Is this possible without jailbreaking it?

Different notifications for different email accounts?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 10:24:30 AM
(0)
Professor

Apple does not allow or provide a way to set different notification sounds for different email accounts.

You have three options:

1. Live with it as is.
  2. Jailbreak the device and do what you want (note this voids all warranties)
  3. Find another device that will allow you to set unique notifications.

Apple does not allow or provide a way to set different notification sounds for different email accounts.

You have three options:

1. Live with it as is.
  2. Jailbreak the device and do what you want (note this voids all warranties)
  3. Find another device that will allow you to set unique notifications.

Re: Different notifications for different email accounts?

2 of 3 (636 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 3:12:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can purchase the PushMail app and get the functionality you desire.  That app has the ability to use different alert tones for emails, as well as setting "quiet times" that you won't get alerts, etc.  I found it to be a great app for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

You can purchase the PushMail app and get the functionality you desire.  That app has the ability to use different alert tones for emails, as well as setting "quiet times" that you won't get alerts, etc.  I found it to be a great app for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Different notifications for different email accounts?

3 of 3 (599 Views)