Different dates for upgrade, family plan? I thought they changed that.

Voyager

Different dates for upgrade, family plan? I thought they changed that.

My husband and I always get new phones at the same time. I'm confused though as to why we have different upgrade eligiblity dates.

I understood that they would give a faster upgrade to the primary line, my husbands, but I read on here somewhere that they changed that so that all family plans have the same upgrade date. If this is true, why do my husband and I still have different dates? 

Message 1 of 6 (1,225 Views)
Expert

Re: Different dates for upgrade, family plan? I thought they changed that.

jesslla wrote:

My husband and I always get new phones at the same time. I'm confused though as to why we have different upgrade eligiblity dates.

I understood that they would give a faster upgrade to the primary line, my husbands, but I read on here somewhere that they changed that so that all family plans have the same upgrade date. If this is true, why do my husband and I still have different dates? 

have not seen anything about changing the upgrade for a family plan to all the same date. Each line on a family plan has it's own contract and upgrade time. The priamry line upgrades faster becasue all the shared costs are given to it, the secondary lines only get the 9.99 and what ever line specific feature costs are in it. Just looked at my 2 family plans, every phone on them have different upgrade dates

Message 2 of 6 (1,215 Views)
Voyager

Hmm. Of course I can't find where I read that now. Smiley Very Happy It's annoying, to say the least, because in our case the contracts were both started the same day and end the same day, but the upgrade date is different by three months.

I, of course, want to upgrade NOW not three months from now. Smiley Wink

Thanks for your time. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,184 Views)
Expert

jesslla wrote:

Hmm. Of course I can't find where I read that now. Smiley Very Happy It's annoying, to say the least, because in our case the contracts were both started the same day and end the same day, but the upgrade date is different by three months.

I, of course, want to upgrade NOW not three months from now. Smiley Wink

Thanks for your time. 

let me guess the one that can update now is the primary line?

you can always convince who ever had the primary line to give them their update for you to use and let them have your updateSmiley Happy

the only thing that has been reported and verified is that if you update date is 03/20/2012 they wiill let you update on 03/01/2012

Message 4 of 6 (1,178 Views)
Professor

My full upgrade date was March 8th.  When I checked on March 6th, I was still only eligible for early upgrade pricing.

Message 5 of 6 (1,096 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

You might check with the AT&T corporate stores in your area to see if you can do somewhat of an early upgrade without an additional charge.  We were able to upgrade two feature phones in our family plan to iPhones without an extra charge, 60 days before the actual dates they were eligible.  It was something the manager had authorized because the store had done well in the past.  This was in late 2010 and early 2011, so things may have changed since then.  But it wouldn't hurt to ask about an early upgrade.

Message 6 of 6 (1,063 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.