Did y'all notice the complete re-write of the AT&T Android page?

Scholar

Did y'all notice the complete re-write of the AT&T Android page?

check it out: http://www.att.com/android almost like they are ramping up for something. 

Message 1 of 16 (2,137 Views)

Re: Did y'all notice the complete re-write of the AT&T Android page?

wow, im suprised its differ than the one were you leave an email for info on android phones an then never get a email lol. maybe this is just another way to get us hyped. but with a phone finally showing up in radio shack inventory named the intruder. i just hope for a flagship like device

Message 2 of 16 (2,101 Views)
Employee
Employee

YEs it said more coming soon with logos for Dell,  Motorola and HTC

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 16 (2,060 Views)
Mentor

Looks like an advertisement for the Backflop

Message 4 of 16 (2,014 Views)
Mentor

Maybe I should hold off from pre-ordering an iphone 4. I am TRYING to be patient.

Message 5 of 16 (1,929 Views)
Teacher

Something HAS to be coming soon... I just asked @ATTCustomerCare on twitter and they didn't say much... maybe I'll stop by a store and bother them about it...

Message 6 of 16 (1,886 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Hey Vydor, i am very impressed with that page (hope it's not just a Backflip ad). Maybe all this waiting will pay off after all.  I sure hope upcoming releases of android phones on att are as customizable as they say it will be.

I am not that familiar with any "non-approved' android apps so i guess i wouldnt be too annoyed as far as what can and cannot be installed at this time.

Well, thing just could be looking up! Personally i am an HTC type of guy! hope we see some nice androids from HTC

Message 7 of 16 (1,872 Views)
Scholar

Where the page looks nice it is sad that there are errors on it and not even stuff that is new. Says the backflip is upgradable to 2.0 and motos site says 2.1 in Q3. 

Message 8 of 16 (1,823 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

RicoLX wrote:

Hey Vydor, i am very impressed with that page (hope it's not just a Backflip ad). Maybe all this waiting will pay off after all.  I sure hope upcoming releases of android phones on att are as customizable as they say it will be.

I am not that familiar with any "non-approved' android apps so i guess i wouldnt be too annoyed as far as what can and cannot be installed at this time.

Well, thing just could be looking up! Personally i am an HTC type of guy! hope we see some nice androids from HTC

I have the Nexus so I could install anything I wanted... but frankly there is so much on the Android Market, and the market makes it so easy... I dunno that I ever would do anything else. Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 16 (1,778 Views)
Scholar

Love the way it says "Configure your phone your way"

............oh, besides having to install all our crapware and "att" branded wallpapers, etc.....

Message 10 of 16 (1,637 Views)
Scholar

diagoro wrote:

Love the way it says "Configure your phone your way"

............oh, besides having to install all our crapware and "att" branded wallpapers, etc.....

Every carrier puts their own software on the android phones unless it is a google experence phone.

Message 11 of 16 (1,471 Views)
Scholar

quetzalcoatl wrote:

Every carrier puts their own software on the android phones unless it is a google experence phone.

I can appreciate that, but find it maddening at time. Seems our smart phones have so many limitations, they're nearly dumb phones. I understand you can change the OS to any specification, but that usually involves custom roms which will void your warranty.

And for people that pay $300 or $400 for a new phone, the limits one devices is just insulting.

Message 12 of 16 (1,400 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

@diagoro

Nah, Android phones are pretty customizable out of the box, you don't need to root them to do a lot of stuff.  I just got the Evo from Sprint, and my screens don't look like stock at all anymore.  Yeah, it comes with some sprint bloatware, but you don't have to have them on your home screens, they're only on the app drawer.  And, honestly, most of the Sprint stuff is actually good and usable.  You don't have to pay to use them.  Yes, there are more features on some if you pay, but you can still use the basics.

A couple of homescreen captures from my Evo:

Message 13 of 16 (1,309 Views)

hey now dont go around showing off to us. haha making people jealous. my iphone is making a victory lap as im just pushing the limits with all the jailbroke features i can pack on it. but that motorola x is looking nice. i hear its only got a 800 mhz processor but it benchmarked right under 1 ghz devices. cant wait!

Message 14 of 16 (1,302 Views)
Tutor

Just showing you can customize Android phones without rooting...

Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 16 (1,285 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.