Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 22, 2010
5:33:42 PM
View profile
Did my order get cancelled?

I ordered my phone on the 17th with my debit card and it had a temporary hold on my bank account for the charge. Today, the funds seemed to to disappear but my order still says In Progress. Did my order get cancelled because of my debit card or is this normal? 

I ordered my phone on the 17th with my debit card and it had a temporary hold on my bank account for the charge. Today, the funds seemed to to disappear but my order still says In Progress. Did my order get cancelled because of my debit card or is this normal? 

Did my order get cancelled?

48 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(48)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:24:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

air savage, is your debit card have a visa or mastercard logo and did u process it using a pin? (You are supposed to use it as a credit card and not use a pin)

more threads to help...

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/Debit-cards-cant-be-used-for-preorder/td-p/1940687/page/2

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/Anyone-preorder-with-a-debit-card/td-p/1975369/page/2

air savage, is your debit card have a visa or mastercard logo and did u process it using a pin? (You are supposed to use it as a credit card and not use a pin)

more threads to help...

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/Debit-cards-cant-be-used-for-preorder/td-p/1940687/page/2

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/Anyone-preorder-with-a-debit-card/td-p/1975369/page/2

Re: Did my order get cancelled?

31 of 49 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:29:25 PM
(0)
Scholar

Date Ordered: 07/15/10

Various SIM

In Progress

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

In Progress

FREIGHT

In Progress

Note: You may not see all of your orders listed. Only those orders matching the information you entered are displayed on this page.

This is what mine looks like to show you I wasn't cancelled.

Date Ordered: 07/15/10

Various SIM

In Progress

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

In Progress

FREIGHT

In Progress

Note: You may not see all of your orders listed. Only those orders matching the information you entered are displayed on this page.

This is what mine looks like to show you I wasn't cancelled.

32 of 49 (509 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:31:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jtasch wrote:

I read those threads prior to posting but no one confirmed they received their order after this whole confusion

I ordered using a check card as credit.  There were 2 or 3 pre-authorizations for $1 and one pre-auth for the full amount.  Those fell off after a few days.  The phone shipped, then the charge appeared in my account.  I ordered on 7/1 and received on 7/8.  I hope that this helps.

jtasch wrote:

I read those threads prior to posting but no one confirmed they received their order after this whole confusion

I ordered using a check card as credit.  There were 2 or 3 pre-authorizations for $1 and one pre-auth for the full amount.  Those fell off after a few days.  The phone shipped, then the charge appeared in my account.  I ordered on 7/1 and received on 7/8.  I hope that this helps.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 49 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:37:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

Ty 21st now, I was sick of air svage trying to scare this guy cause he was upset.

Ty 21st now, I was sick of air svage trying to scare this guy cause he was upset.

34 of 49 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:41:33 PM
(0)
Explorer

You have a point, he may have used it as debit card where he ordered in the store and entered a pin.

You have a point, he may have used it as debit card where he ordered in the store and entered a pin.

35 of 49 (480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:47:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
Look I'm a grown man pink and i don't argue over the Internet that's stupid. Of course it was a visa do you think this is the first time I've ever ordered anything. If you read my post I keep saying just call and verify. How stupid do you sound why would I feel better about mine being cancelled if others do to? If it wasn't happening to people than it wouldn't be talked about so much on here. Don't take this as an attack I just find that they way that your talking is a bit childish.
Look I'm a grown man pink and i don't argue over the Internet that's stupid. Of course it was a visa do you think this is the first time I've ever ordered anything. If you read my post I keep saying just call and verify. How stupid do you sound why would I feel better about mine being cancelled if others do to? If it wasn't happening to people than it wouldn't be talked about so much on here. Don't take this as an attack I just find that they way that your talking is a bit childish.

36 of 49 (468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:56:30 PM
(0)
Explorer

I used a debit card.

Was charged full amount to my card.

3 days later charge gone.

Today-- my phone is on a truck enroute!! Smiley Happy

And the charge isn't even back on yet!! lol

I used a debit card.

37 of 49 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:58:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm a grown woman and it's one thing to tell aomeone to call and another thing to speak like you are sure your expereince is what happens to everyone. And this is what you said on the other thread:

if you ordered the 16 beacuse you WILL NOT RECEIVE THAT PHONE! IT WILL DEF BE CANCELLED!

I'm a grown woman and it's one thing to tell aomeone to call and another thing to speak like you are sure your expereince is what happens to everyone. And this is what you said on the other thread:

if you ordered the 16 beacuse you WILL NOT RECEIVE THAT PHONE! IT WILL DEF BE CANCELLED!

38 of 49 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 6:59:39 PM
(0)
Teacher
Glad to hear that sunny! Hope you enjoy it, I can't wait for mine to come! For now it's just the 3GS and my iPad
Glad to hear that sunny! Hope you enjoy it, I can't wait for mine to come! For now it's just the 3GS and my iPad

39 of 49 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 7:01:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

sunny1016 wrote:

I used a debit card.

from what i read in another thread the card doesnt actually get charged till after the phone is received, but whos to say.

sunny1016 wrote:

I used a debit card.

from what i read in another thread the card doesnt actually get charged till after the phone is received, but whos to say.

40 of 49 (434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 7:03:59 PM
(0)
Teacher
In case you didn't know this is a peer thread meaning questions are answered by your peers from their experience. I'm not steve jobs so I don't call the shots but I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours. I'd prefer not to waste my tome replying to you anymore so if you want to keep going than your on your own.
In case you didn't know this is a peer thread meaning questions are answered by your peers from their experience. I'm not steve jobs so I don't call the shots but I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours. I'd prefer not to waste my tome replying to you anymore so if you want to keep going than your on your own.

41 of 49 (589 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 7:06:21 PM
(0)
Explorer

I ordered using my business check card, over the weekend I read horror stories here about orders getting canceled when using debit or check cards. Maybe AT&T had a glitch in early orders and now they fixed it. I'm sure his order was canceled, but the reason the rep gave him was not accurate.

Lets all cool down.

I ordered using my business check card, over the weekend I read horror stories here about orders getting canceled when using debit or check cards. Maybe AT&T had a glitch in early orders and now they fixed it. I'm sure his order was canceled, but the reason the rep gave him was not accurate.

Lets all cool down.

42 of 49 (584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 7:15:59 PM
(0)
Explorer

I would have been sooooo upset if that happened to me!!!

Your probably right about there being an earlier glitch.

Hopefully all the "kinks" are out now!!

I would have been sooooo upset if that happened to me!!!

Your probably right about there being an earlier glitch.

Hopefully all the "kinks" are out now!!

43 of 49 (565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 7:18:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm not arguing with you just trying to prevent you from starting a panic with your for sure-like statements. God knows we are all on edge dealing with the BO issue.

I'm not arguing with you just trying to prevent you from starting a panic with your for sure-like statements. God knows we are all on edge dealing with the BO issue.

44 of 49 (561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 7:52:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just got off the phone with ATT again. The representative I spoke with told me that there is no reason to be concerned with a debit card order. She told me that she would know based on the information she had if my order was cancelled or if there were any problems at all with my order. She was super friendly and I'm totally at ease with ATT!

I'm super duper anxious and can't wait to replace my now, seemingly inferior 3G. It's just a phone, and at worst I'll have it by September. I wait longer and spend many, many times more for cars Smiley Tongue

In the mean time, I'll just hope my fiance doesn't get her's first. Smiley Happy

I just got off the phone with ATT again. The representative I spoke with told me that there is no reason to be concerned with a debit card order. She told me that she would know based on the information she had if my order was cancelled or if there were any problems at all with my order. She was super friendly and I'm totally at ease with ATT!

I'm super duper anxious and can't wait to replace my now, seemingly inferior 3G. It's just a phone, and at worst I'll have it by September. I wait longer and spend many, many times more for cars Smiley Tongue

In the mean time, I'll just hope my fiance doesn't get her's first. Smiley Happy

45 of 49 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 10:21:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

airsavage you are giving people false information and you need to be reported to an administrator. i have seen you twice on these forums saying the same thing that just isn't true. the truth is that they take the money out of your checking account to verify that you have it, process your order, put the money back in, and then charge your account for the same amount once the phone actually ships. stop scaring these people... i mean seriously.

airsavage you are giving people false information and you need to be reported to an administrator. i have seen you twice on these forums saying the same thing that just isn't true. the truth is that they take the money out of your checking account to verify that you have it, process your order, put the money back in, and then charge your account for the same amount once the phone actually ships. stop scaring these people... i mean seriously.

46 of 49 (523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 7:09:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

FYI, I got my shipping info today:

Order Number: x
Date Ordered: 07/16/10

Apple IPH 4 32GB BLK PHONE

07/23/10

FEDX

x

Various SIM

07/23/10

FEDX

x

FREIGHT

07/23/10

FEDX

x

FYI, I got my shipping info today:

Order Number: x
Date Ordered: 07/16/10

Apple IPH 4 32GB BLK PHONE

07/23/10

FEDX

x

Various SIM

07/23/10

FEDX

x

FREIGHT

07/23/10

FEDX

x

47 of 49 (489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 8:21:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

I'm glad you didn't let airs incorrect information propaganda affect you. Happy ypu got your phone...enjoy it!

I'm glad you didn't let airs incorrect information propaganda affect you. Happy ypu got your phone...enjoy it!

48 of 49 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 9:09:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

I got shipped yesterday and I used debit no problems

I got shipped yesterday and I used debit no problems

49 of 49 (417 Views)