Helpful Links

Did my order get cancelled?

Teacher

Did my order get cancelled?

I ordered my phone on the 17th with my debit card and it had a temporary hold on my bank account for the charge. Today, the funds seemed to to disappear but my order still says In Progress. Did my order get cancelled because of my debit card or is this normal? 

Message 1 of 49
Scholar

Re: Did my order get cancelled?

air savage, is your debit card have a visa or mastercard logo and did u process it using a pin? (You are supposed to use it as a credit card and not use a pin)

more threads to help...

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/Debit-cards-cant-be-used-for-preorder/td-p/1940687/page/2

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Apple/Anyone-preorder-with-a-debit-card/td-p/1975369/page/2

Message 31 of 49
Scholar

Date Ordered: 07/15/10

Various SIM

In Progress

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE

In Progress

FREIGHT

In Progress

Note: You may not see all of your orders listed. Only those orders matching the information you entered are displayed on this page.

This is what mine looks like to show you I wasn't cancelled.

Message 32 of 49
Highlighted
Professor

jtasch wrote:

I read those threads prior to posting but no one confirmed they received their order after this whole confusion

I ordered using a check card as credit.  There were 2 or 3 pre-authorizations for $1 and one pre-auth for the full amount.  Those fell off after a few days.  The phone shipped, then the charge appeared in my account.  I ordered on 7/1 and received on 7/8.  I hope that this helps.

Message 33 of 49
Scholar

Ty 21st now, I was sick of air svage trying to scare this guy cause he was upset.

Message 34 of 49
Explorer

You have a point, he may have used it as debit card where he ordered in the store and entered a pin.

Message 35 of 49
Teacher

Look I'm a grown man pink and i don't argue over the Internet that's stupid. Of course it was a visa do you think this is the first time I've ever ordered anything. If you read my post I keep saying just call and verify. How stupid do you sound why would I feel better about mine being cancelled if others do to? If it wasn't happening to people than it wouldn't be talked about so much on here. Don't take this as an attack I just find that they way that your talking is a bit childish.
Message 36 of 49
Explorer

I used a debit card.

Was charged full amount to my card.

3 days later charge gone.

Today-- my phone is on a truck enroute!! Smiley Happy

And the charge isn't even back on yet!! lol

Message 37 of 49
Scholar

I'm a grown woman and it's one thing to tell aomeone to call and another thing to speak like you are sure your expereince is what happens to everyone. And this is what you said on the other thread:

if you ordered the 16 beacuse you WILL NOT RECEIVE THAT PHONE! IT WILL DEF BE CANCELLED!

Message 38 of 49
Teacher

Glad to hear that sunny! Hope you enjoy it, I can't wait for mine to come! For now it's just the 3GS and my iPad
Message 39 of 49

sunny1016 wrote:

I used a debit card.

Was charged full amount to my card.

3 days later charge gone.

Today-- my phone is on a truck enroute!! Smiley Happy

And the charge isn't even back on yet!! lol

from what i read in another thread the card doesnt actually get charged till after the phone is received, but whos to say.

Message 40 of 49
Teacher

In case you didn't know this is a peer thread meaning questions are answered by your peers from their experience. I'm not steve jobs so I don't call the shots but I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours. I'd prefer not to waste my tome replying to you anymore so if you want to keep going than your on your own.
Message 41 of 49
Explorer

I ordered using my business check card, over the weekend I read horror stories here about orders getting canceled when using debit or check cards. Maybe AT&T had a glitch in early orders and now they fixed it. I'm sure his order was canceled, but the reason the rep gave him was not accurate.

Lets all cool down.

Message 42 of 49
Explorer

I would have been sooooo upset if that happened to me!!!

Your probably right about there being an earlier glitch.

Hopefully all the "kinks" are out now!!

Message 43 of 49
Scholar

I'm not arguing with you just trying to prevent you from starting a panic with your for sure-like statements. God knows we are all on edge dealing with the BO issue.

Message 44 of 49
Tutor

I just got off the phone with ATT again. The representative I spoke with told me that there is no reason to be concerned with a debit card order. She told me that she would know based on the information she had if my order was cancelled or if there were any problems at all with my order. She was super friendly and I'm totally at ease with ATT!

I'm super duper anxious and can't wait to replace my now, seemingly inferior 3G. It's just a phone, and at worst I'll have it by September. I wait longer and spend many, many times more for cars Smiley Tongue

In the mean time, I'll just hope my fiance doesn't get her's first. Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 49
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support