Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 12, 2011
9:05:28 PM
Did U Download Inspire Upload Speedfix?

Did you get a notification for software update available? Was it wifi only? Is your phone faster? How much?

Did you get a notification for software update available? Was it wifi only? Is your phone faster? How much?

Did U Download Inspire Upload Speedfix?

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 12:39:10 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by MrSteve on May 13, 2011 at 12:44:24 PM

I got it. Only way I knew it was out there was because of the net and places like here, never a notification. "For me" I had be connected to WiFi (and that meant I had to go to a hotspot, because the phone is my internet connection) and using the HTC update and not the ATT update service. Yes I am faster, for my area, my speed test says I get 1000 more on down load (was 2500, now 3500), upload is up to 1000 (i was getting 300s) and ping gave me a 100 better was 250 to the speed test server, now its 150.

Edit... maybe to make it easier, here is a copy of my last test I did after the update. Test Date: May 9, 2011 11:19:00 am Connection Type: Hsdpa Server: Pensacola, FL Download: 3710 kbps Upload: 1122 kbps Ping: 140 ms

I got it. Only way I knew it was out there was because of the net and places like here, never a notification. "For me" I had be connected to WiFi (and that meant I had to go to a hotspot, because the phone is my internet connection) and using the HTC update and not the ATT update service. Yes I am faster, for my area, my speed test says I get 1000 more on down load (was 2500, now 3500), upload is up to 1000 (i was getting 300s) and ping gave me a 100 better was 250 to the speed test server, now its 150.

Edit... maybe to make it easier, here is a copy of my last test I did after the update. Test Date: May 9, 2011 11:19:00 am Connection Type: Hsdpa Server: Pensacola, FL Download: 3710 kbps Upload: 1122 kbps Ping: 140 ms

e

[ Edited ]
2 of 15 (908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 7:50:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

MrSteve wrote:

and using the HTC update and not the ATT update service.

I looked at the HTC website,but I didnt see any link to the update in the dowloads section. I too would rather try using the HTC speedfix. I love how the "potentially faster speeds" is last in the listing in the update! First two were pertaining to e-mail updates! Where is the HTC update?

MrSteve wrote:

and using the HTC update and not the ATT update service.

I looked at the HTC website,but I didnt see any link to the update in the dowloads section. I too would rather try using the HTC speedfix. I love how the "potentially faster speeds" is last in the listing in the update! First two were pertaining to e-mail updates! Where is the HTC update?

Re: e

3 of 15 (827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 8:34:01 PM
(0)
Scholar
No you do it from the phone, go to settings, then to ATT software update, then pick HTC WiFi software update. Again to use that service you need to be in WiFi.
No you do it from the phone, go to settings, then to ATT software update, then pick HTC WiFi software update. Again to use that service you need to be in WiFi.

Re: Did U Download Inspire Upload Speedfix?

4 of 15 (819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 11:55:11 PM
(0)
Mentor

I did that. I didnt see any HTC choice. U say U used the HTC speedfix instead of the AT&T one? HTC site says we should have gotten a notice of some kind saying its available.

I did that. I didnt see any HTC choice. U say U used the HTC speedfix instead of the AT&T one? HTC site says we should have gotten a notice of some kind saying its available.

5 of 15 (778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 6:44:42 AM
(0)
Scholar
There isn't "2" fixes, they are the same. If you go to the HTC site under the device "inspire", then to the down load section you will see the new update, BUT it tells you to get it by phone and only on WiFi using the HTC update option that I talked about above. I am almost sure that getting the update "pushed" by ATT will take you forever to get, if ever at all. Also, you should have the option I talked above, if you don't see it, then something isn't right with your phone.
There isn't "2" fixes, they are the same. If you go to the HTC site under the device "inspire", then to the down load section you will see the new update, BUT it tells you to get it by phone and only on WiFi using the HTC update option that I talked about above. I am almost sure that getting the update "pushed" by ATT will take you forever to get, if ever at all. Also, you should have the option I talked above, if you don't see it, then something isn't right with your phone.

6 of 15 (768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 11:08:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

I downloaded SystemSoftwareUpdate 1.84.502.11 (23.94 MB),but am waiting to install it until I hear from others about their results.

I downloaded SystemSoftwareUpdate 1.84.502.11 (23.94 MB),but am waiting to install it until I hear from others about their results.

Re: Did U Download Inspire Upload Speedfix? 1.84.502.11 (23.94 MB)i downloaded

7 of 15 (746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2011 6:46:56 AM
(0)
Scholar
Ok, I am using it and all is fine for me.
Ok, I am using it and all is fine for me.

8 of 15 (732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2011 9:57:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

Anyone else? What are your before & after speeds? Any other changes?

Anyone else? What are your before & after speeds? Any other changes?

9 of 15 (690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2011 8:13:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well thats an improvement! After downloading the speedfix Im getting,

Down    UP

3.53     0.21

3.20     0.22

2.38     1.03

1.93    1.52

1.93    0.35

1.06   0.33

1.39    0.33

Those are some of the best speeds Ive gotten yet. Although it was great seeing uploads breaking 1GB,3.53GB downloads are not 4G speeds. Why is AT&T the slowest of them all? I hate not getting what I paid for. The speedfix still doesnt give us consistent speeds close to 4G.

Well thats an improvement! After downloading the speedfix Im getting,

Down    UP

3.53     0.21

3.20     0.22

2.38     1.03

1.93    1.52

1.93    0.35

1.06   0.33

1.39    0.33

Those are some of the best speeds Ive gotten yet. Although it was great seeing uploads breaking 1GB,3.53GB downloads are not 4G speeds. Why is AT&T the slowest of them all? I hate not getting what I paid for. The speedfix still doesnt give us consistent speeds close to 4G.

10 of 15 (644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 4:44:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
Those speeds are not 4G, they are 3G. (4g is not everywhere) With that said, they are still slow for 3G. Those are the speeds I was getting before the fix. I'm getting 3500+ down and 1500+ up after the fix. I think you have to do a reboot of your phone for it to take, keep the phone on and remove the battery for about 10 sec, install battery, then restart and speed test again.
Those speeds are not 4G, they are 3G. (4g is not everywhere) With that said, they are still slow for 3G. Those are the speeds I was getting before the fix. I'm getting 3500+ down and 1500+ up after the fix. I think you have to do a reboot of your phone for it to take, keep the phone on and remove the battery for about 10 sec, install battery, then restart and speed test again.

11 of 15 (468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 12:14:25 PM
(0)
Professor

MrSteve wrote:

Yes, I didn't get the enhanced speeds until I pulled and reinserted the battery. If that doesn't work, call CS and ask for tech support because you are having network connectivity issues and ask them to reset your network settings from their end. Even if you are not an HSPA+ enhanced area, you should be getting better 3G speeds than what you are.

MrSteve wrote:

Yes, I didn't get the enhanced speeds until I pulled and reinserted the battery. If that doesn't work, call CS and ask for tech support because you are having network connectivity issues and ask them to reset your network settings from their end. Even if you are not an HSPA+ enhanced area, you should be getting better 3G speeds than what you are.

12 of 15 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2011 2:32:10 AM
(0)
Mentor
Thanks! I didn't know tech support can reset my settings. I hope that helps.
Thanks! I didn't know tech support can reset my settings. I hope that helps.

13 of 15 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 11:08:48 PM
(0)
Mentor
Unbelieveable! I just got 7.09Mbps download speeds. 5 tries averaged 5Mbps! Not sure if taking the battery out helped or not but,upload are around 1.3 - 1.8. Engadget loads very quickly. It looks like the update fixed the downloads more than the uploads. I thought I was on VZ for a second!
Unbelieveable! I just got 7.09Mbps download speeds. 5 tries averaged 5Mbps! Not sure if taking the battery out helped or not but,upload are around 1.3 - 1.8. Engadget loads very quickly. It looks like the update fixed the downloads more than the uploads. I thought I was on VZ for a second!

14 of 15 (392 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 1:22:12 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by CollateralDamage on Jun 20, 2011 at 1:27:57 AM
I just got; Down/Up> 10.77/1.55 9.16/1.56 8.61/1.55 That WiFi download that was supposed to fix the uploads didnt do much for uploads. But OMG! Check those downloads. Anyone else getting these speeds? Almost as good as TMO!
I just got; Down/Up> 10.77/1.55 9.16/1.56 8.61/1.55 That WiFi download that was supposed to fix the uploads didnt do much for uploads. But OMG! Check those downloads. Anyone else getting these speeds? Almost as good as TMO!

Update!

[ Edited ]
15 of 15 (314 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments