Dialer stays running in the background (HTC Inspire 4G)

Dialer stays running in the background (HTC Inspire 4G)

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Settings > About Phone > Battery > Battery user > Dialer

Currently my HTC Inspire 4G shows its using 11% of my battery.

Message 1 of 4 (839 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Dialer stays running in the background (HTC Inspire 4G)

I think it just means for that period of time until you recharge the battery again.  Mine says 45%. Dialer as opposed to being idle or in standby. 

So I'm not sure what that even means. Active use of the phone vs not using it?

Message 2 of 4 (826 Views)
Master

Dialer is an internal system process. The battery usage is fine.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4 (814 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

The battery usage breakdowns what processes have used battery since the last time you charged it.  Its not a list of active processes. 

Also, the way Android works, just because a process is in memory, it doesn't mean its draining the battery.  It will only significantly drain the battery, if its a process that is trying to do something in the background, like download data.  Most processes are just "frozen" in memory in case they are called up again in the near future (they open faster that way), or until the memory fills up and is needed for something else (in which case Android will auto kill processes based on its own system of priorities).  In Android, having memory free does not necessarily save power or increase performance, like it does in Windows.

Message 4 of 4 (780 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.