Deposit Conflict

Tutor

Deposit Conflict

[ Edited ]

My husband passed away in Feburary and I had paid his bill from December of over $650.00. on the 3rd of Febuary while he was still in the hospital When he died I transfered the bill (minus two phones) to my name. AT&T at this time told me I wasn't required to put a deposit since I was so diligent in paying my husbands bill while he was in the hospital. Three weeks after I paid my first AT&T bill ($179.65 on March 5) I recieved a text saying my bill was delinquent by $300.00 and they were going to cancel my phones. I called and they told me that it was for the deposit for the two phones. I explained that there was no deposit and they said I must have misunderstood and they extended my bill until April 16. On the 1st of April I recieved a bill in the mail saying "cancel deposit  requirements" and the balance was $158.90 so I assumed it was straightened out.  I paid the $158.90 phone bill for our two phones. AT&T applied it to the "Deposit " that I am not required to pay, and will mark my montly bill  as being unpaid, while still saying I owe $141.10 towards the deposit that I am not suppose to pay according to the original contract (and the paper bills I get every month. Now if I drop them, they can say I still owe them $158.90 for last bill

I even showed the paper bill to the AT&T store and the first thing he said when looking at it was that there wasn't a deposit.

Any suggestions as who I can talk to. AT&T is breaking their oral contract to me.

I am a widow on disability and they are taking advantage of <edited>.

Message 1 of 6 (881 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Deposit Conflict

I'm very sorry you lost your husband. I know the last thing you need right now is a billing hassle. 

Will you please send me a private message with the following information:

Your name:

Your account number

A phone number where we can reach you:

The best time to contact you:

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (877 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: I'll probably be banned from this 'forum' But at least I will be heard

I was planning on being a loyal customer. AT&T would have made a lot more money in the long run. I took them at their "word" when this happened:

My husband (he was only 41) passed away in February and I had paid his bill from December of over $650.00. on the 3rd of February while he was still in the hospital (his heart)  When he died I transferred the bill to my name. At this time AT&T told me I wasn't required to put a deposit since I was so diligent in paying my husbands bills while he was in the hospital. (these were on MY debit card) Three weeks after I paid my first AT&T bill ($179.65 on March 5) I received a text saying my bill was delinquent by $300.00 and they were going to cancel our (my daughter's and mine ) phones. I called and they told me that it was for the deposit for the two phones. I explained that there was no deposit and they said I must have misunderstood and they extended my bill until April 16. On the 1st of April I received a bill in the mail saying "cancel deposit  requirements" and the balance was $158.90 so I assumed it was straightened out

I paid the $158.90 phone bill for our two phones. AT&T applied it to the "Deposit " that I was not required to pay, and will mark my monthly bill  as being unpaid, while still saying I owe $141.10 towards the deposit that I am not suppose to pay according to the original contract (and the paper bills I  get every month). Now if I drop them, they can say I still owe them $158.90 for last bill.  Would anybody pay a bill for something they don't owe?

I am printing this and handing this out at the AT&T at the mall.  Also on facebook to anyone who will listen,  Well off to the virgin Mobile site.

Message 3 of 6 (806 Views)
Former Community Manager

I am sorry that you are still dealing with this issue. 

I've responded to your private messages, asking that you work directly with Tina as she is familiar with your case and is the best resouce for you. 

Were you able to contact her?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (791 Views)
Tutor

When I told her about the "cancel deposit requirements"  she said she thought I was right and went to talk to her supervisor. She came back she gave a different explanation from everyone else saying that they must have thought that I had paid it the month before.

Tired of the pains from my ulcer and headaches from their lies and runarounds.  I have the money, but I refuse to pay for something that the first guy said I did not have to pay.

Like I said AT&T is the one that is losing have paid over $1000.00 to AT&T since February 3rd, once my husbands bill while he was in a coma for over $650,00 and twice towards my bill (even though they applied the second one to the deposit I wasn't suppose to pay Like I said before the deposit goes or I do. So I probably will be going to either Verizon or even Virgin. (prepay) AT&T could be getting that money but they lied so they're not.

I know it doesn't  matter but my credit got screwed when I had no insurance and I got sick and became crippled. I was in the hospital for 10 days ($190,000.00)I

Message 5 of 6 (785 Views)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry we weren't able to work this out.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

--------------

Message 6 of 6 (750 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.