Dell Streak

Contributor

Dell Streak

Anybody here know the status of the launch?  And when it will happen?

Message 1 of 45 (5,258 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Dell Streak

Message 2 of 45 (4,983 Views)
Mentor

Goes on sale Thursday 8/12/10 directly through Dell

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20013234-1.html

Message 3 of 45 (4,793 Views)
Scholar

Too bad it is overpriced.  I will wait to see if the price drops and how soon it upgrades to Android 2.1 or 2.2.

Message 4 of 45 (4,780 Views)
Mentor

I'm with ya there, especially with some of the ratings give it dropped calls and prro performance with the 1.6

Message 5 of 45 (4,770 Views)
Mentor

I want a red one with 2.2. I am on the pre-order email list - but I'm just going to enjoy my iPhone 4 until the Streak meets my wants! They just took too long to release the thing. If it had come out a month earlier I would have been all over it.

Message 6 of 45 (4,747 Views)
Mentor

Lol "yes" 1.6 even sounds un-attractive especially with the Samsung Galaxy Tablet possibly coming next month with a 7 inch screen and phone capable.

Message 7 of 45 (4,693 Views)
Mentor

Message 8 of 45 (4,689 Views)
Scholar

Dell may get the award for fail of the year on this one.  I have not seen one review that paints the Streak in a positive light

The complaints are all the same:

Price - It costs too much with and without a contract.

Android 1.6 - The OS is over a year old.  Should be running on something newer.

AT&T - People at least think that it should also be running on T-Mobile.

Also it appears that this phone won't be in any AT&T stores.  This is the type of device you need to hold in your hands before you buy.

Message 9 of 45 (4,651 Views)
Mentor

You summed that up in a nutshell..

I'm seeing a pattern in these releases lately. I'm pretty sure that the release was delayed to ensure the everyone who got the captivate was past 30 days so if they want this over priced outdated phone/tablet they would have to shell out $550

Message 10 of 45 (4,633 Views)
Mentor

Yeah, I was considering the Streak, but the price is way too high, not sure if/when it will upgrade. I've also read a review and other mentions about speaker/phone quality. And yeah, if I can't try something this big & expensive before I buy, then no way!

Message 11 of 45 (2,589 Views)
Scholar

Wont be coming to ATT anyways....so much for all the excitement. Though it does make me wonder. They sell it ONLY locked and for ATT (the T-mobile version Dell had promised seems to have vanished or was cancelled), yet refuse to sell it in stores or directly. It's as though they want it to fail......

Message 12 of 45 (2,541 Views)
Scholar

You would think they would have learned not to direct sell based on what happened with the Nexus One.

Message 13 of 45 (2,532 Views)
Scholar

I think I'll wait and see what happens with the Dell Thunder.
Message 14 of 45 (2,523 Views)
Mentor

The Thunder looks promising, based on what little is "known". Even so, good question as to whether it will come to ATT and if so, soon enough to matter based on current phones at the time.
Message 15 of 45 (2,515 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.