Dell Latitude D820 gets a blue screen with a Sierra Wireless 875 AirCard

Contributor

Re: Dell Latitude D820 gets a blue screen with a Sierra Wireless 875 AirCard

I was having a blue screen with the Option GT Max 3.6 and Communication Manager 6.7.24. The problem I had is when i ran CM and had the card inserted, my dell latitude D620 would blue screen (either order, but needed both for the blue screen to occur). I noticed in device manager (right click my computer, manage) there were items under "Ports" that had yellow exclamation points (when the card was inserted). The exclamation point indicates a conflict, in my case a COM port conflict). I changed the COM port for the (!) items by right clicking on them, choosing properties, then advanced, and selecting a "COM Port Number" that was not in use. I had to do this for two items GlobeTrotter HSDPA Application Interface, and GlobeTrotter HSDPA Diagnostic interface. Then it started working. The support people at ATT helped with this solution. FYI, the bluescreen problem only started happening after I installed a bunch of different software (setting up a new laptop). Also, in the process of troubleshooting, i uninstalled CM and the drivers, then reinstalled them so that may have helped, too.
Message 16 of 18
Contributor

try disabling bytemobile go to start, run, type "services.msc" and then find byte mobile web config and change the start up type to disabled and then stop the service. 
Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Teacher

Apparently, this is a known issue with Dell.  The AT&T Knowledge Base describes the issue as being addressed by a BIOS update - version A09 - which will be available in May.

-Craig
Message 18 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support