Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 9, 2012
12:11:25 PM
Delivery Packaging - What Would You Do?

A new iPhone4s that I ordered was delivered to my door yesterday.  The box rattled as I picked it up.  Inside the delivery box was the small iPhone box, but the plastic pillow that's supposed to cushion the phone was completely deflated.  Even though the iPhone box looks ok, it's been rattling around in the delivery box for the past few days, so I'm inclined to return it.  What would you do?

A new iPhone4s that I ordered was delivered to my door yesterday.  The box rattled as I picked it up.  Inside the delivery box was the small iPhone box, but the plastic pillow that's supposed to cushion the phone was completely deflated.  Even though the iPhone box looks ok, it's been rattling around in the delivery box for the past few days, so I'm inclined to return it.  What would you do?

Delivery Packaging - What Would You Do?

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 2:32:14 PM
(0)
Professor

If I was concerened that the phone might be damaged, I'd take it an Apple or AT&T store (depending who you ordered it from) and open it in front of a witness. Then if it's damaged you can have it replaced.

If I was concerened that the phone might be damaged, I'd take it an Apple or AT&T store (depending who you ordered it from) and open it in front of a witness. Then if it's damaged you can have it replaced.

Re: Delivery Packaging - What Would You Do?

2 of 13 (383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 2:40:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks Max.  The iPhone box itself wasn't damaged at all.  It just rattled around the shipment box for a few days, so am concerned something inside the phone was somehow damaged -- something that might not be apparent right now.  Is that a legit concern, or is everything so tightly packed inside the phone that there's no chance anything inside was damaged?

Thanks.

Thanks Max.  The iPhone box itself wasn't damaged at all.  It just rattled around the shipment box for a few days, so am concerned something inside the phone was somehow damaged -- something that might not be apparent right now.  Is that a legit concern, or is everything so tightly packed inside the phone that there's no chance anything inside was damaged?

Thanks.

3 of 13 (381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 3:33:49 PM
(0)
Professor
I've gotten previous iPhones in shipping boxes where the iPhone box has been rattling around. All have worked fine.
I've gotten previous iPhones in shipping boxes where the iPhone box has been rattling around. All have worked fine.

4 of 13 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 3:38:31 PM
(0)
Guru
I think your worried for nothing. Open it up and see how it is.
I think your worried for nothing. Open it up and see how it is.

5 of 13 (375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 5:24:20 PM
(0)
Professor

i would open the box and power it up. if it does not work take back to apple, the Genius bar is great they will replace it.

i would open the box and power it up. if it does not work take back to apple, the Genius bar is great they will replace it.

hello!!!

6 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 5:52:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Lunchtime wrote:

In the case of the iPhone, it's been in that box since it left China. A few more miles bouncing around the UPS truck isn't gonna hurt it. Open it. Use it. If it's broke, get it swapped out (any time in the first year)

Lunchtime wrote:

In the case of the iPhone, it's been in that box since it left China. A few more miles bouncing around the UPS truck isn't gonna hurt it. Open it. Use it. If it's broke, get it swapped out (any time in the first year)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 13 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 8:58:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
Do as the guys suggest
I also wouldn't worry I guess it's
Prob just the mains adaptor or manuals
Being rattely Smiley Happy
Do as the guys suggest
I also wouldn't worry I guess it's
Prob just the mains adaptor or manuals
Being rattely Smiley Happy

8 of 13 (334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2012 2:03:19 AM
(0)
Professor
The OP said the rattling noise was the white iPhone box rattling around inside the bigger box. Doubt anything inside the iPhone box itself was making noise. There is no manual in there and everything is packed so tightly, there is little chance of anything being loose inside the iPhone box,especially the phone which is in a close fitting tray in the top of the box.
The OP said the rattling noise was the white iPhone box rattling around inside the bigger box. Doubt anything inside the iPhone box itself was making noise. There is no manual in there and everything is packed so tightly, there is little chance of anything being loose inside the iPhone box,especially the phone which is in a close fitting tray in the top of the box.

9 of 13 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2012 11:18:33 AM
(0)
Guru

I wouldnt be concerned. Many iPhone's come that way. If you have a problem, bring it to an AT&T or Apple store.

I wouldnt be concerned. Many iPhone's come that way. If you have a problem, bring it to an AT&T or Apple store.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

10 of 13 (295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2012 2:53:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

Mine when it was sealed had a slight rattle to it

I think it was the manuals on the bottom cos the phone seemed secure

and the Adaptor/USB Smiley Happy

btw has the poster opened it yet? lol

you outta use it if it has a fault then contact ATT

with the cause for concern Smiley Wink

I can remember the lastime i even had a phone sent to myself in the Post

I just head down to a Store as theres normally one on every corner in towns Smiley Tongue

Mine when it was sealed had a slight rattle to it

I think it was the manuals on the bottom cos the phone seemed secure

and the Adaptor/USB Smiley Happy

btw has the poster opened it yet? lol

you outta use it if it has a fault then contact ATT

with the cause for concern Smiley Wink

I can remember the lastime i even had a phone sent to myself in the Post

I just head down to a Store as theres normally one on every corner in towns Smiley Tongue

11 of 13 (211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 7:24:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you all.  Thanks for your comments.

Opened the box, and everything looks ok.  I noticed a rattle when tapping the corner where the camera is, but found that many, if not most, users experience the same thing.

Thanks again.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you all.  Thanks for your comments.

Opened the box, and everything looks ok.  I noticed a rattle when tapping the corner where the camera is, but found that many, if not most, users experience the same thing.

Thanks again.

12 of 13 (163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 7:34:22 PM
(0)
Scholar
That's good to hear btw enjoy ur new toy and look after it well Smiley Wink
That's good to hear btw enjoy ur new toy and look after it well Smiley Wink

13 of 13 (144 Views)