Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 2, 2010
3:07:21 PM
View profile
Deleting email on Captivate without loading content

I just got my Captivate and I am still learing how to use it. I cannot see how to delete an email w/o loading the attached info.  I want to see who the email is from, and delete w/o opening.  Like emails  from stores or ones I have already opened at home on my PC.

Also, is there a way to make emails automatically "fall off" after say 72 hrs?

I just got my Captivate and I am still learing how to use it. I cannot see how to delete an email w/o loading the attached info.  I want to see who the email is from, and delete w/o opening.  Like emails  from stores or ones I have already opened at home on my PC.

Also, is there a way to make emails automatically "fall off" after say 72 hrs?

Deleting email on Captivate without loading content

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 9:01:12 PM
(0)
Professor

Press an hold on an email, and a menu will pop up with several options, including Delete. Also, you'll notice a check box on the left side of each message. Tapping the check box will bring up a menu with a delete option. This way, you can delete several messages at once.

I'm not sure about your other question. The POP mailbox on my phone only syncs the most recent 25 messages. When another message comes in, the last one in the list drops out. My Exchange ActiveSync mailbox syncs 3 days worth of messages and the old ones drop.

Press an hold on an email, and a menu will pop up with several options, including Delete. Also, you'll notice a check box on the left side of each message. Tapping the check box will bring up a menu with a delete option. This way, you can delete several messages at once.

I'm not sure about your other question. The POP mailbox on my phone only syncs the most recent 25 messages. When another message comes in, the last one in the list drops out. My Exchange ActiveSync mailbox syncs 3 days worth of messages and the old ones drop.

Re: Deleting email on Captivate without loading content

2 of 3 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2010 9:03:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Got it - thanks so much!

Got it - thanks so much!

Re: Deleting email on Captivate without loading content

3 of 3 (936 Views)