Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 20, 2010
8:56:49 AM
Deleting email account on Tilt 2

I saw the thread where it's suggested you go to "mail setting / tools / options", which would be cool, if I could find  MAIL SETTINGS anywhere on this thing. (For some reason, I'm not allowed to add to that thread, so I started another clone.)

All I'm allowed to do is ADD another email account, I can't delete an existing one.

Please help before I drink more coffee and smash this thing.

I saw the thread where it's suggested you go to "mail setting / tools / options", which would be cool, if I could find  MAIL SETTINGS anywhere on this thing. (For some reason, I'm not allowed to add to that thread, so I started another clone.)

All I'm allowed to do is ADD another email account, I can't delete an existing one.

Deleting email account on Tilt 2

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 6:24:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

If I remember correctly, if you delete the Live app from Remove Programs, it will remove the email account as well.

If I remember correctly, if you delete the Live app from Remove Programs, it will remove the email account as well.

Re: Deleting email account on Tilt 2

2 of 16 (1,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 8:19:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

I don't have a "Remove Programs" link or tab.  Only Apps, and it has no "Live" app in it.

Can't figure out why this isn't a simpler procedure.

I don't have a "Remove Programs" link or tab.  Only Apps, and it has no "Live" app in it.

Can't figure out why this isn't a simpler procedure.

3 of 16 (1,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 8:27:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

y, managed to find Remove Programs.  But nothing called Live in there.  Google Maps and some desktop themes that I tried, that's all.

y, managed to find Remove Programs.  But nothing called Live in there.  Google Maps and some desktop themes that I tried, that's all.

4 of 16 (1,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 7:40:07 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Assassin5150 on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:41:13 PM

go to your mail in manilla/sense then menu/account settings/then select delete then chose which account to delete

go to your mail in manilla/sense then menu/account settings/then select delete then chose which account to delete

[ Edited ]
5 of 16 (1,420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2010 3:20:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

On the Tilt 2???  I don't see anything called "manilla".  Where is this stuff?

On the Tilt 2???  I don't see anything called "manilla".  Where is this stuff?

6 of 16 (1,258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2010 4:09:36 AM
(0)
Professor

Rumpl4skn wrote:

I think that you were given confusing scoop.

While you are in your inbox, goto:

menu->Tools->Options->

From there you will be given the option to add another account or even delete one that you already have.

Note that if you are using a Windows live account, you may only use one at a time, and also, ActiveSync puch was introduced this week making Windows live irrelevent.  Just get rid of your old email account and utilize ActiveSync, you will love it.

There is another posting here telling you how to set up the ActiveSync settings.  It will bring true push mail to your phone.

Rumpl4skn wrote:

I think that you were given confusing scoop.

While you are in your inbox, goto:

menu->Tools->Options->

From there you will be given the option to add another account or even delete one that you already have.

Note that if you are using a Windows live account, you may only use one at a time, and also, ActiveSync puch was introduced this week making Windows live irrelevent.  Just get rid of your old email account and utilize ActiveSync, you will love it.

There is another posting here telling you how to set up the ActiveSync settings.  It will bring true push mail to your phone.

7 of 16 (1,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2010 3:27:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok, I got closer.  I found Tools (was on the 2nd page of the menu) and I got to Options, but there's no option to delete the account.  Just the ability to change the settings.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still stuck with this extra account I can't delete.

Ok, I got closer.  I found Tools (was on the 2nd page of the menu) and I got to Options, but there's no option to delete the account.  Just the ability to change the settings.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still stuck with this extra account I can't delete.

8 of 16 (1,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2010 7:28:16 PM
(0)
Professor

Rumpl4skn wrote:

Hmmm...I thought that from that point you should have been able to simply hold the stylus on the account you wanted to delete until the delete option popped up.  Make sure that you are not tapping it, but actually holding the stylus down on the account.

Rumpl4skn wrote:

Hmmm...I thought that from that point you should have been able to simply hold the stylus on the account you wanted to delete until the delete option popped up.  Make sure that you are not tapping it, but actually holding the stylus down on the account.

9 of 16 (1,204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2010 7:36:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello!

You CAN delete your email account. Here's how...

While in your Inbox, choose "menu", "tools", "options" tap AND HOLD the mail account you want to delete.  A "delete" menu option will appear. Choose "delete". That is it.

Hope this helps!

Hello!

You CAN delete your email account. Here's how...

While in your Inbox, choose "menu", "tools", "options" tap AND HOLD the mail account you want to delete.  A "delete" menu option will appear. Choose "delete". That is it.

Hope this helps!

10 of 16 (1,202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 9:19:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Okay, another step further.  But when I hold the stylus down on that account, the only choice is Delete, but it's grayed out.  Not an option, for some reason.

It's not the only account, it's a 2nd one I mistakenly created.

Okay, another step further.  But when I hold the stylus down on that account, the only choice is Delete, but it's grayed out.  Not an option, for some reason.

11 of 16 (830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 11:31:42 AM
(0)
Professor

Rumpl4skn wrote:

you are far more patient than I am.  I would have hard reset and simply resynced by now.

Rumpl4skn wrote:

you are far more patient than I am.  I would have hard reset and simply resynced by now.

12 of 16 (821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 11:53:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

: )  It's not so much about deleting the account as it is know how to do stuff without pushing the panic button.

In a related story - I was frustrated recently that I couldn't figure out how to look at files on the storage card.  I took the phone to an AT&T store, and talked to a kid who claimed he knew "everything about every phone."  I handed him the Tilt 2 and asked him to look at the contents of the strogae card.  15 minutes later, he told me he couldn't find it either.  And I didn't feel so stupid.

Later that day, I figured out if you open the Photo Album, and backstep from there, you can get to the storage card root folder.  But I'm not all that enamored with how this thing is laid out, particularly this issue with the mail accounts.

: )  It's not so much about deleting the account as it is know how to do stuff without pushing the panic button.

In a related story - I was frustrated recently that I couldn't figure out how to look at files on the storage card.  I took the phone to an AT&T store, and talked to a kid who claimed he knew "everything about every phone."  I handed him the Tilt 2 and asked him to look at the contents of the strogae card.  15 minutes later, he told me he couldn't find it either.  And I didn't feel so stupid.

Later that day, I figured out if you open the Photo Album, and backstep from there, you can get to the storage card root folder.  But I'm not all that enamored with how this thing is laid out, particularly this issue with the mail accounts.

13 of 16 (818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 9:13:59 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Assassin5150 on Sep 7, 2010 at 9:34:05 AM

First of all which at&t rom are you using new or old rom? for the old rom go to apps and add a new quick link and select file explorer. for the new rom add a new quick link from the home  screen and select file explorer. I strongly suggest you read the user manual. I am not trying to be mean or rude but you are asking how to do basic operations on the phone.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/v6-0/explore-files-folders-touch.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/v6-0/Work-Programs-Folders-touch.aspx

To delete an e-mail account.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/v6-0/delete-e-mail-account-touch.aspx

First of all which at&t rom are you using new or old rom? for the old rom go to apps and add a new quick link and select file explorer. for the new rom add a new quick link from the home  screen and select file explorer. I strongly suggest you read the user manual. I am not trying to be mean or rude but you are asking how to do basic operations on the phone.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/v6-0/explore-files-folders-touch.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/v6-0/Work-Programs-Folders-touch.aspx

To delete an e-mail account.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/v6-0/delete-e-mail-account-touch.aspx

[ Edited ]
14 of 16 (773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 11:56:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

Dude, I've been through the user manual.  I'm not a lamer/dunce, this is not referenced anywhere, trust me.  The friggin' "techie expert" at the AT&T store couldn't find some of these locations either.

And I'm up to the "Delete Account" page and it's GRAYED OUT.  Not a lot of wiggle room when the button that specifically does what you want specifically won't work.

This may be going back, and I'll get an iPhone.  Everyone's been helpful, thanks.

Dude, I've been through the user manual.  I'm not a lamer/dunce, this is not referenced anywhere, trust me.  The friggin' "techie expert" at the AT&T store couldn't find some of these locations either.

And I'm up to the "Delete Account" page and it's GRAYED OUT.  Not a lot of wiggle room when the button that specifically does what you want specifically won't work.

This may be going back, and I'll get an iPhone.  Everyone's been helpful, thanks.

15 of 16 (755 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 12:52:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

Have you tried deleting the e-mail account through activesync? Sorry but 99% of the at&t store "techies" don't know crap. Let me give you an example I was at an at&t store last week looking at phones. I have an up grade coming up in a month. one of the guys start asking me what I was looking for I said maybe the samsung galaxy or I might wait for a windows 7  phone he replies the Aria is a windows 7 phone. I didn't even try to explain what a windows 7 phone is to him. I really didn't want to waste my time. It's like going to best buy and trying to get advice on home theatre equipment. You just don't do it.

Have you tried deleting the e-mail account through activesync? Sorry but 99% of the at&t store "techies" don't know crap. Let me give you an example I was at an at&t store last week looking at phones. I have an up grade coming up in a month. one of the guys start asking me what I was looking for I said maybe the samsung galaxy or I might wait for a windows 7  phone he replies the Aria is a windows 7 phone. I didn't even try to explain what a windows 7 phone is to him. I really didn't want to waste my time. It's like going to best buy and trying to get advice on home theatre equipment. You just don't do it.

16 of 16 (749 Views)