Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 29, 2011
9:45:03 AM
View profile
Deleted email

I have the new ATT Samsung galaxy II

When I delete email on the phone it delete them from my PC (and cox.net mail serer).

What is the phone setup to insure that the mail will be maintained on my server and PC?

I have the new ATT Samsung galaxy II

When I delete email on the phone it delete them from my PC (and cox.net mail serer).

What is the phone setup to insure that the mail will be maintained on my server and PC?

Deleted email

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 8:07:04 PM
(0)
Guru

Is your email set up as a POP3  account, or as IMAP4 ?  Usually, you have the option to select which type you want. They are different in many ways, including being able to set the options on whether to keep emails on the server, etc. You can 'google' something like  "POP3 versus IMAP4," and get several articles that explain the difference. Wikipedia is one example.

Is your email set up as a POP3  account, or as IMAP4 ?  Usually, you have the option to select which type you want. They are different in many ways, including being able to set the options on whether to keep emails on the server, etc. You can 'google' something like  "POP3 versus IMAP4," and get several articles that explain the difference. Wikipedia is one example.

Re: Deleted email

2 of 2 (160 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments