Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 2, 2011
8:56:30 AM
View profile
Delays When Placing Calls - Light at End of Tunnel

With respect to using the 3G Microcell, I just called AT&T about the excessive delay after dialing a number. The customer service rep/tech advised AT&T is aware of this problem and there is a software push in the process of being implemented to address it. She stated the push is being implemented by Cisco, not AT&T. She appeared to have no information about the schedule to fully implement this fix but she did tell me it was not yet implemented in my area (South Central Florida, East Coast). However, she said AT&T provides information to Cisco based on complaints they receive that influences when a push to a specific area will take place. It will be interesting to see if this consistent problem gets resolved within the next few days.

With respect to using the 3G Microcell, I just called AT&T about the excessive delay after dialing a number. The customer service rep/tech advised AT&T is aware of this problem and there is a software push in the process of being implemented to address it. She stated the push is being implemented by Cisco, not AT&T. She appeared to have no information about the schedule to fully implement this fix but she did tell me it was not yet implemented in my area (South Central Florida, East Coast). However, she said AT&T provides information to Cisco based on complaints they receive that influences when a push to a specific area will take place. It will be interesting to see if this consistent problem gets resolved within the next few days.

Delays When Placing Calls - Light at End of Tunnel

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2011 9:01:10 AM
(0)
Guru
I removed and re-added our microcell last night. No change in behavior this morning. First test call I tried took 45 seconds or so and then failed.
I removed and re-added our microcell last night. No change in behavior this morning. First test call I tried took 45 seconds or so and then failed.

Re: Delays When Placing Calls - Light at End of Tunnel

2 of 3 (420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2011 5:47:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ShaunMN on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:11:40 PM

They had better hurry
Mine is going back on Monday before my 30 days are up
This is a DANGEROUS device...I can imagine this problem during a 911 call

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

They had better hurry
Mine is going back on Monday before my 30 days are up
This is a DANGEROUS device...I can imagine this problem during a 911 call

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Re: Delays When Placing Calls - Light at End of Tunnel

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (366 Views)