Deactivate lost phone and reactivate new

Contributor

Deactivate lost phone and reactivate new

My phone was stolen, and I still had a new sim chip at&t sent me with my upgrade a few months ago, so I put it in my old phone and I'm not sure how to activate it. I went to the HTTPS://www.wireless.att.com/activations/ and I got this after I logged in and tried to activate my new sim:

SI014 this mobile number does not have any equipment on file to be updated. Please check the mobile number that has new equipment or a new sim. 

I am on a plan, I don't know how to activate my new sim nor deactivate my old sim, I did everything all the other messages said would help, but it doesn't work. 

Message 1 of 2 (2,789 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Deactivate lost phone and reactivate new

Hi there!

In this instance, I would say getting in touch with Customer Care will be the solution to activating your device. Smiley Happy You can reach them at 1(800) 331-0500. Smiley Wink

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (2,750 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.