Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 19, 2011
7:47:38 PM
View profile
Data

Hello 

I have a line with G data plan but I think that the data for the month are ended because the internet stopped working, can I buy more data on prepaid for this month? What are the steps? I need more data!

Hello 

I have a line with G data plan but I think that the data for the month are ended because the internet stopped working, can I buy more data on prepaid for this month? What are the steps? I need more data!

Data

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 7:30:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, just log in to your on-line account and purchase the data feature from there or call 611 from your cell phone and use the automated system to purchase a data feature.

I'm not familiar with what you mean by the "G" plan - but if you are not using a smartphone and are on the $50 unlimited calling/text/data plan, your data service should not have ended mid-month.  If you haven't made any changes to your phone's settings, contact customer service (say "more options" at the first menu prompt, then "customer service" at each subsequent one) and have them check your account provisioning for the data service. 

If you are using a smartphone, you will need to purchase a data package in order to use prepaid data (PPU data is no longer available for smartphones on prepaid service).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Yes, just log in to your on-line account and purchase the data feature from there or call 611 from your cell phone and use the automated system to purchase a data feature.

I'm not familiar with what you mean by the "G" plan - but if you are not using a smartphone and are on the $50 unlimited calling/text/data plan, your data service should not have ended mid-month.  If you haven't made any changes to your phone's settings, contact customer service (say "more options" at the first menu prompt, then "customer service" at each subsequent one) and have them check your account provisioning for the data service. 

If you are using a smartphone, you will need to purchase a data package in order to use prepaid data (PPU data is no longer available for smartphones on prepaid service).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Data

2 of 4 (230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 9:59:18 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by OnlytheShadowKnows on Aug 20, 2011 at 10:01:23 AM

ngallegm wrote:

Hello 

There are two self-service options that avoid the Customer Care IVR (IVR=Interactive Voice Response), which adds to the good suggestions from hme83.

The assumption is that you have a (limited) feature data package (otherwise the data is unlimited for the month, and as hme83 stated, data service could not stop at mid-month, unless there is a provisioning mistake).

1. OPTION 1:  On your smartphone call *777*3# (by keying *777*3# SEND).  This will return your account data balance via a free, automated  text message from the service center.  (In turn, call *777* returns your balance with its expiry date; call *777*2# returns your messaging balance.)
  2. OPTION 2:  Login to http://att.com/mygophone and verify your account balance, its expiry date, and the balance left for any feature packages you may have subscribed.  Here is where you apply refills from a refill card bought from an AT&T registered distributor, or directly from your credit/debit card.

Neither of the two options require human intervention, and avoids the IVR, which is always my preferred option -- no waiting time on a human queue (if you can get to one).  But if there are account problems you need to access the IVR exactly like hme83 detailed.

Hope that helps.

ngallegm wrote:

Hello 

There are two self-service options that avoid the Customer Care IVR (IVR=Interactive Voice Response), which adds to the good suggestions from hme83.

The assumption is that you have a (limited) feature data package (otherwise the data is unlimited for the month, and as hme83 stated, data service could not stop at mid-month, unless there is a provisioning mistake).

1. OPTION 1:  On your smartphone call *777*3# (by keying *777*3# SEND).  This will return your account data balance via a free, automated  text message from the service center.  (In turn, call *777* returns your balance with its expiry date; call *777*2# returns your messaging balance.)
  2. OPTION 2:  Login to http://att.com/mygophone and verify your account balance, its expiry date, and the balance left for any feature packages you may have subscribed.  Here is where you apply refills from a refill card bought from an AT&T registered distributor, or directly from your credit/debit card.

Neither of the two options require human intervention, and avoids the IVR, which is always my preferred option -- no waiting time on a human queue (if you can get to one).  But if there are account problems you need to access the IVR exactly like hme83 detailed.

Hope that helps.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (225 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 8:53:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I myself prefer to do account refills/purchase features from within my on-line account access too. 

But there is no human intervention needed/waiting involved in doing these things from the IVR system either, and it's relatively quick and painless. Smiley Wink  Takes about two minutes for purchasing a feature package, and it's a valuable option when you need to get the transaction done and don't have access to your on-line account at the moment.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

I myself prefer to do account refills/purchase features from within my on-line account access too. 

But there is no human intervention needed/waiting involved in doing these things from the IVR system either, and it's relatively quick and painless. Smiley Wink  Takes about two minutes for purchasing a feature package, and it's a valuable option when you need to get the transaction done and don't have access to your on-line account at the moment.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (207 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments