Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 1, 2011
1:02:06 PM
View profile
Data plans question

I thought I'd ask a customer before I asked customer service...

Hi, I only just started a new AT&T account this spring. My first month I had it as the 2 GB Data Plan for Smartphones, and then I didn't use much of the allotted data, so I changed it to the 200 MB Data Plan for Smartphones for my second month. 

But now I've used more data than I expected...and I think for my next month I'll want to go back up to the 2 GB plan after all. 

What I noticed is that I cannot currently change it when I go into "change features." That's probably because I literally just signed up for the 200 MB Plan and they don't want to lose their possible overage fee if I go over the 200 MB or whatever. (Which would be only $5 more than if I was paying for the 2 GB plan, but still. Ow.) 

What I'm wondering is when will I be able to change it back up to the 2 GB Plan? Later in the month? Later in the week, after my bill for this month is processed? I have this paranoid thought I won't be able to change it at all. I don't know, I know that's foolish. 

Thanks!

-Yuffie

I thought I'd ask a customer before I asked customer service...

Hi, I only just started a new AT&T account this spring. My first month I had it as the 2 GB Data Plan for Smartphones, and then I didn't use much of the allotted data, so I changed it to the 200 MB Data Plan for Smartphones for my second month. 

But now I've used more data than I expected...and I think for my next month I'll want to go back up to the 2 GB plan after all. 

What I noticed is that I cannot currently change it when I go into "change features." That's probably because I literally just signed up for the 200 MB Plan and they don't want to lose their possible overage fee if I go over the 200 MB or whatever. (Which would be only $5 more than if I was paying for the 2 GB plan, but still. Ow.) 

What I'm wondering is when will I be able to change it back up to the 2 GB Plan? Later in the month? Later in the week, after my bill for this month is processed? I have this paranoid thought I won't be able to change it at all. I don't know, I know that's foolish. 

Thanks!

-Yuffie

Data plans question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 8:08:38 PM
(0)
Employee
if you call in you can have it changed back to the beginning of the bill cycle or when it was changed whatever happened last.
if you call in you can have it changed back to the beginning of the bill cycle or when it was changed whatever happened last.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Data plans question

2 of 3 (231 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 10:46:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks.

And I was just gonna say, before I read your reply, I looked and now it has the other plans available on manage features again today...

Thanks.

And I was just gonna say, before I read your reply, I looked and now it has the other plans available on manage features again today...

Re: Data plans question

3 of 3 (216 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments