Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 3, 2011
5:54:03 AM
Data plan without smartphone?

Someone on my data plan dropped her iPhone 3gs in water.  Because of business she couldn't be without a phone so we had to bite the bullet and use a precious upgrade and get a new phone that day.  Now the damaged phone has been repaired.  My phone is a different phone on the same family plan but is not a smartphone.  I'd like to use the repaired iPhone...will AT&T allow me to add a data plan while recods show I am using a low end flip phone?

Someone on my data plan dropped her iPhone 3gs in water.  Because of business she couldn't be without a phone so we had to bite the bullet and use a precious upgrade and get a new phone that day.  Now the damaged phone has been repaired.  My phone is a different phone on the same family plan but is not a smartphone.  I'd like to use the repaired iPhone...will AT&T allow me to add a data plan while recods show I am using a low end flip phone?

Data plan without smartphone?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 8:55:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Once you put your SIM into the phone, the network will recognize that it is a smartphone and automatically add the 200mb plan ($!5 plan). If you want the 2GB plan, it can be changed at that time.

I don't think that they will add a smartphone data plan to a dumbphone.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Once you put your SIM into the phone, the network will recognize that it is a smartphone and automatically add the 200mb plan ($!5 plan). If you want the 2GB plan, it can be changed at that time.

I don't think that they will add a smartphone data plan to a dumbphone.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Data plan without smartphone?

2 of 3 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 11:40:47 PM
(0)
Master

Yes you can add the data plan.

kdfederer wrote:

Once you put your SIM into the phone, the network will recognize that it is a smartphone and automatically add the 200mb plan ($!5 plan).

Actually it should add the $25/2GB by default.

6.3 What Are The Voice And Data Plan Requirements?

"In the case of the tiered data plan, you will be placed on the data plan which provides you with the greatest monthly data usage allowance. If you determine that you do not require that much data usage in a month, you may request a lower data tier at a lower monthly recurring fee."

Yes you can add the data plan.

kdfederer wrote:

Once you put your SIM into the phone, the network will recognize that it is a smartphone and automatically add the 200mb plan ($!5 plan).

Actually it should add the $25/2GB by default.

6.3 What Are The Voice And Data Plan Requirements?

"In the case of the tiered data plan, you will be placed on the data plan which provides you with the greatest monthly data usage allowance. If you determine that you do not require that much data usage in a month, you may request a lower data tier at a lower monthly recurring fee."

Re: Data plan without smartphone?

3 of 3 (458 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments