Data plan for Smartphones that are not Iphone, HTC, Blackberry?

Tutor

Data plan for Smartphones that are not Iphone, HTC, Blackberry?

Okay, so i plan to buy a unlocked smartphone from Verizon and put my sim card into the GSM and i was wondering if i still had to buy the data plan for it?  It is a LG Fathom.  I plan to buy it completely new from Amazon.

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Data plan for Smartphones that are not Iphone, HTC, Blackberry?

lqql wrote:

Okay, so i plan to buy a unlocked smartphone from Verizon and put my sim card into the GSM and i was wondering if i still had to buy the data plan for it?  It is a LG Fathom.  I plan to buy it completely new from Amazon.

That is a Verizon world capable phone. Even it is unlocked for the GSM SIM card, it might still be locked from being used on US carriers. You would be better off getting a pure unlocked GSM phone.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Okay then, lets say i get a LG Vu Plus, it is considered a smartphone by AT&T correct? Since it's a smartphone, i MUST buy data plan for the LG Vu PLus?

Message 3 of 5
Master

A quick Google search leads me to think that the LG Vu Plus is a QMD phone. It may or may not require a data plan. From a review at the time of its release it looked like users were required to have a data plan, but it was different from a smartphone data package.

Hopefully someone else will weigh in on the phone. I am not super familiar with the older ATT phones.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Master

The LG Vu Plus is not a smartphone and at&t has eliminated the messaging/data plan requirement for QMDs.  So you can use that device with no additional services required. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support