Data plan for Gophone (original iphone)

Contributor

Data plan for Gophone (original iphone)

I have an original iphone, which I bought few years ago and I'm using this an a Gophone. I bought a data package feature (100MB) to use the data plan. But my phone keep showing that "You are not subscrbed to a cellular data service". I've checked several times on account and I do have a data plan which cost me $15. How am I suppose to solve this problem? Please help!!. Thank you.

Message 1 of 19
Teacher

Re: Data plan for Gophone (original iphone)

First connect to wifi, then open browser, goto unlockit.co.nz follow directions, first step is "custom apn" then it will ask for county of course your gonna select USA then scroll towards the bottom when you hit the "carriers" button select "go phone" I have personally test this with a 3G and my 3GS which is on go phone. You must restart your phone for it too work. Let me know if you need help or had any luck.
Message 2 of 19
Contributor

Thanks! It works!! I appreciate it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 19
Teacher

It's no problem.
Message 4 of 19
Tutor

Hello there,

I'm having the same problem.  I checked the solution and I'm happy for you, but what if I don't have a WIFI to connect to?? that's where I'm stuck Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 19
Teacher

There is no where you can connect to wifi? McDonald's? Starbucks? If not and you have Internet connection at home, go to Walmart buy a wireless router, go home set it up. Connect ur phone to it once u do the steps. Pack the router back up and take it back to Walmart and get ur money back lol make sure u save the receipt.
Message 6 of 19
Tutor

hehe....the thing is I'm staying at a hotel now and I can connect only one device (my laptop) per day wirelessly! this is a weird condition set by the hotel..

anyways..I followed ur instructions with my Iphone 4s...I turned wifi on..went to the web page ..picked USA and go phone from the menues...shut it down and restart it again..switched wifi off...and tried the 3G but still says the same message above ! what to do..help Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 19
Teacher

Did you buy an extra data package? Ex. $15=100mb

If its not doing it, I have not idea. I only personally tested it on the 3G and 3GS. I currently have a 4 but I am contract based now.

When I got my 3GS I had to redo it and It worked fine.

I would try to buy a data package if u already haven't, I also was on the $50 plan.

If it does not work I suggest switching to Straight Talk they charge $45 a month and they charge $14 for a micro sim. You will also be saving money depending on the data package. There is also H20 wireless that is a AT&T MVNO it's $50 for 250mb and $60 for 1gb both include your standard unlimited talk&text.
Message 8 of 19
Tutor

yes I got me a data package (100 MB for $15)..

I'm only in the US for few months that's why I'm not doind the contract.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if you find out how to solve this help me..as I've been googling this for the past hours Smiley Sad((

Message 9 of 19
Teacher

Give me a couple minutes and ill look into it. What is it telling you when you try to connect to a website? You have a 4 or 4S?
Message 10 of 19
Teacher

Ok, try to select just AT&T (not gophone) from the APN. I used that one on 3GS if that doesn't work try this one AT&T (HSPA+)
Since the AT&T branded 4S is HSPA+ that mIght work. I will still search for a solution if that does not work.
Message 11 of 19
Tutor

when I switch WIFI off and surf it says "Could not activate cellular data network" - ""You are not subscrbed to a cellular data service".

My phone is 4S...

Thanks a million for your help !!!!!

Message 12 of 19
Teacher

That's what it did to me before I did the unlock it thing. Double check to see if the APN is in the iPhone.

Still looking, mostly seeing stuff for the 4 and they all say to do what you have already done. How many more Megs do you have left?
Message 13 of 19
Teacher

http://www.amirnaor.com/?p=49

Skip to Step 3, since u have the sim card in and it's connected to a network. Hope this helps, I will continue to look just in case. Hopefully this will work.
Message 14 of 19
Tutor

I'm downloading it now on my PC....will keep you posted !!

I'm not sure I understand the following step:

5. Create a new configuration profile on the iPhone Configuration Utility <---(where is that??? on the iphone or PC??)

Thanks again !!!

Message 15 of 19
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support