Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 22, 2011
1:56:44 PM
View profile
Data plan downgrade and upgrade
I activated iPhone 5 days before my billing I had 2gb data I downgrade to 200 mb 2 days before end of my cycle. Now I am on first day of my cycle with 200 mb suppose after 5 days I see a lot of usage and I upgrade to 2gb I am guessing I will be charged prorated 5 days for 15$ which is 2.5$ and 25 for 25$ about 21$ so a total of 23.5$ is my calculation right
I activated iPhone 5 days before my billing I had 2gb data I downgrade to 200 mb 2 days before end of my cycle. Now I am on first day of my cycle with 200 mb suppose after 5 days I see a lot of usage and I upgrade to 2gb I am guessing I will be charged prorated 5 days for 15$ which is 2.5$ and 25 for 25$ about 21$ so a total of 23.5$ is my calculation right

Data plan downgrade and upgrade

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2011 4:58:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You had better be careful because they will prorate the data used too. If you use 50 mb in those 5 days, prorated data for those 200mb would be be around 30mb so you could be charged for 20mb overage. If you see high usage, call customer service and have the data plan dated back to when you changed the plan to avoid overages.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
You had better be careful because they will prorate the data used too. If you use 50 mb in those 5 days, prorated data for those 200mb would be be around 30mb so you could be charged for 20mb overage. If you see high usage, call customer service and have the data plan dated back to when you changed the plan to avoid overages.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Data plan downgrade and upgrade

2 of 4 (1,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2011 9:36:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

thanks for the info, that makes perfect sense, though i am sure this will be missed by many. thank god actually my usage was about 10mb Smiley Happy

thanks for the info, that makes perfect sense, though i am sure this will be missed by many. thank god actually my usage was about 10mb Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (1,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 6:30:18 PM
(0)
Employee
The data is actually not Prorated. And the bill will look weird. You will be billed 15 then credited for 25 days of 15$ and billed for 15 days of 25$. And then the 25 for the next bill cycle. But again, the data is not Prorated.
The data is actually not Prorated. And the bill will look weird. You will be billed 15 then credited for 25 days of 15$ and billed for 15 days of 25$. And then the 25 for the next bill cycle. But again, the data is not Prorated.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,874 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments