Data only with monthly plans?

Mentor

Data only with monthly plans?

I just got a text from AT&T saying that data packages will only be available with monthly plans starting on 4/18!

Really? Why? (besides the whole wanting more money thing)

So I have to go from paying $25 every 3 months with $5 a month data to at least $25 a month plus data?

Wow, thanks for that.

Message 1 of 82 (3,851 Views)

Re: Data only with monthly plans?

ter11 wrote:
Hi ATT also screwed me nicely with theri surprising stop this month to renew the pay as you go data packages. Unfortunately I have $80 balance, which I now have no use for. Before I call their horrible client care: - has anyone managed to get $ back from them from account balance, which now can no longr be used? - can any of the ATT monthly plans be used paying for it with pay as you go balance money, and if, what is the minimum contract term for such data enabled plans? ...I am leaving the country in about 2 months from now. Best ter11

If you don't mind giving up your phone number, you might want to try selling your SIM with the $80 balance on Ebay.  

Message 76 of 82 (2,116 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the feedback!

I was thinking about the ebay option, however I guess it's probably not worth the hassle to have all my friends calling up the happy sim-card purchaser. It will be a lesson for me to never again deal with at&t.

Any alternative options maybe...?

best

Message 77 of 82 (2,094 Views)

ter11 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback!

I was thinking about the ebay option, however I guess it's probably not worth the hassle to have all my friends calling up the happy sim-card purchaser. It will be a lesson for me to never again deal with at&t.

Any alternative options maybe...?

best

Hmmm, alternative options?  The buyer will probably want a number in his/her own area code.  Hence, they could request a number change from AT&T, especially if they are getting too many calls from your friends.

Message 78 of 82 (2,063 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I just found out about this.. {word filter evasion}

I have had the 10c per minute plan with a 500mb or 200mb data package. On May 4ht I got a text message that said 'Package expire 5/6. Please reply with RNW to renew your 200mb package." Which I did. I had more than 300mb left, so I would have had 500mb today..

But no, I found out that I have 0mb left today. Called customer service and the nice lady told me that AT&T changed their gophone plans. Well At&t never told me that?!

Why did I get that message last week that I had to renew my package if this is impossible? Why didn't I get a message that said: "listen, we want more money from you and we are changing our plans. You need to pay double now if you want data"??

I have been robbed twice: I lost 300mb, which I paid for. And on top of that, I know have to change to the $25-plan PLUS a minimum $15 extra if I want data. That's $10 extra every month. Thanks At&t!

Message 79 of 82 (2,041 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Hey people

So is my understanding right, that I can stay with ATT prepaid plan, but if I want to have data, I need to additionally subscribe to one of their monthy prepaid plans, right?

As I'm in the US only for another few months, that might be an option for some of the time ...expensive option however...

Best

t

Message 80 of 82 (2,031 Views)

blupblup wrote:

I just found out about this.. {word filter evasion}

I have had the 10c per minute plan with a 500mb or 200mb data package. On May 4ht I got a text message that said 'Package expire 5/6. Please reply with RNW to renew your 200mb package." Which I did. I had more than 300mb left, so I would have had 500mb today..

But no, I found out that I have 0mb left today. Called customer service and the nice lady told me that AT&T changed their gophone plans. Well At&t never told me that?!

Why did I get that message last week that I had to renew my package if this is impossible? Why didn't I get a message that said: "listen, we want more money from you and we are changing our plans. You need to pay double now if you want data"??

I have been robbed twice: I lost 300mb, which I paid for. And on top of that, I know have to change to the $25-plan PLUS a minimum $15 extra if I want data. That's $10 extra every month. Thanks At&t!

I lost money on this deal, too.  AT&T was selling the old plan on their website until the day before the change.  That is despicable.   All wireless customers of all providers can be very thankful that the AT&T attempt to buyout T-Mobile was a failure.  

Message 81 of 82 (2,027 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

[ Edited ]

So I emailed Customer Service.. This is the answer I got. Seriously, how can this be one of the biggest telecom companies in the US if they don't have an emailaddress.. AT&T REALLY doesn't care.

----
Thank you for contacting AT&T Prepaid Services.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately you have reached the Prepaid Calling Card Customer Service, we cannot help you in this matter.

We have contacted someone from the Wireless division to ask them for an e-mail where we can refer you to get assistance, however they explained to us that they do not have any specific e-mail to contact them.

You will need to call them at 1-800-331-0500 and follow this steps:

Step #1 press 1 (for more options)
Step #2 press 0 (help with other issues, including the option to speak to a customer service professional)

Then you will be directed to a representative in the Wireless Phone Department, you will have to speak with them for further assistance, since they are the group who can help you.

Hope this information can be of help to you, thank you for choosing AT&T services.

Regards,

Vernon {personal content removed for safety}
AT&T Prepaid Calling Card Services

Message 82 of 82 (2,017 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.