Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 18, 2009
2:27:07 AM
View profile
Data not working
I just realised that the data on my iphone 3gs is not working. I get the error saying I am not subscribed to a data plan. Which of course I am. I have tried resetting just the settings. A hard reset and restoring from itunes. Does anyone have any clue what it could be or how to fix this? I normally only use the phone at home on wifi but I am getting ready to go on a long road trip in a old VW bus and need to have a working data plan. Thanks for any help in advance
I just realised that the data on my iphone 3gs is not working. I get the error saying I am not subscribed to a data plan. Which of course I am. I have tried resetting just the settings. A hard reset and restoring from itunes. Does anyone have any clue what it could be or how to fix this? I normally only use the phone at home on wifi but I am getting ready to go on a long road trip in a old VW bus and need to have a working data plan. Thanks for any help in advance

Data not working

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 4:29:23 AM
(0)
Expert

vwyoda wrote:

Best bet would be to call ATT or stop by one of their stores. I believe that outside of the moderators no one from ATT read these forums

vwyoda wrote:

Best bet would be to call ATT or stop by one of their stores. I believe that outside of the moderators no one from ATT read these forums

Re: Data not working

2 of 4 (2,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 4:48:03 AM
(0)
Professor
Try doing a restore without backup. As silly as it sounds it keeps all your network settings. IF you have a problem with the settings well you will continue to have that problem. You can always restore with backup if that fails.
Try doing a restore without backup. As silly as it sounds it keeps all your network settings. IF you have a problem with the settings well you will continue to have that problem. You can always restore with backup if that fails.

3 of 4 (2,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2009 9:12:30 AM
(0)
Scholar
Call AT&T. They can do a manual reset to the device that tends to fix this problem. Also, if you wish to do a little work prior to that, switch the device to Enable 3G off. It could very easily just be that 3G is currently down in your area, but your Iphone is refusing to recognize this.
Call AT&T. They can do a manual reset to the device that tends to fix this problem. Also, if you wish to do a little work prior to that, switch the device to Enable 3G off. It could very easily just be that 3G is currently down in your area, but your Iphone is refusing to recognize this.

4 of 4 (2,290 Views)