Data expiration on a prepaid smart phone

Contributor

Data expiration on a prepaid smart phone

Hi, I would like to purchase a smart phone.  I am planning on using the $.10/minute plan for voice and understand that the minutes will rollover if I continue to buy minutes before my expiration date.  However, I can't find any information on when data expires, if I need to renew it every month, or if it rolls over.  All I can find is that prepaid data ranges from $5 to $25.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp?

Can someone explain how this works?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Data expiration on a prepaid smart phone

Hi!  I use pre-paid data, so I feel I can answer this question for you.  Your Minutes run different then your Data or Text.  When you buy Data (I buy the 10mb for $5.00 *) if I buy again in 30 (28 to be safe) days, it rolls over.   If your Data or Text package expires you loss all your remaining balance **

So if I buy 10mb on the 1st of march and use 9mb I have 1mb  left.  If I buy another 10mb by March 29th I will have 11mb. But if I wait until March 30th to buy again  I loss the 1mb and will only have 10mb.

Check your Added Features on your My Account page to see when they expire.

The Good-news is if you all ways keep your balance up on your cell phone plan you can set up auto renew.  I put $25.00 on my account every 2 months * and can load my features twice with it ***.

NOTES *, **, and ***

** Minutes $25.00 last 90 days.

* Text 4.99 = 200 last 30 days

* Data 5.00 = 10mb last 30 days.

*** All 3 roll over BUT if your minutes expire before your feature packages do you loss your features I found this out the hard way.  

I hope I answered your Question

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support