Helpful Links

Data connection refused???

Contributor

Data connection refused???

What does this mean?  Normally it says AT&T at the top of my Pearl.  Now it says data connection refused.  Also when I try to turn my phone off, I get a message that says: the device is scheduled to turn on at Mar 10, 2008 6:50am.

How do I fix this?
Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: Data connection refused???

"Data connection refused" means you have no blackberry data plan.  There really is nothing to fix according to the information you provided.  If you have any other information you think we should know then please come back and let us know.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I have had the phone for a week and today is the first day it is saying this.  My phone did die today and I had to re-charge.  Once turned back on i got this message.  It is permanently displayed at the top of the screen where the AT&T logo normally is.  Can I do anything to get rid of the comment?
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Mentor

Try pulling the battery out and letting it re boot. You can also go login att.blackberry.com and try re sending the service books from there to see if that helps. The original responder is correct that message does mean that there is no BB data plan. if it persists you'll need to call CS and have them look into it.....
Message 4 of 6
Teacher

Any way you can turn this message off?  I was going to get a pearl with just text plan.  Do not want internet/data.
Message 5 of 6
Professor

Resending service books won't do anything if you don't have a Blackberry Data Plan (and isn't germane to the Data Connection Refused message anyway).

On some BB's you can turn data off by going to Options->Mobile Network.  The menus might be different on the Pearl or it might not even have the option.  Sorry -- I don't have a Pearl and I've never used one.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support