Data connection during conference call

Contributor

Data connection during conference call

An odd thing happened today.  I was on a conference call (a 1-888#) and I could not access any data functions while on the call.  The error message was "A data connection cannot be established since a call is currently active".  I was taking a call where I normally have data access (usually 3 bars + (3G)).  As soon as I ended the call, the data was immediately re-enabled.  Has anyone experienced this before?  I'm on an ATT iPhone4.

Thanks

York

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Data connection during conference call

york2 wrote:

An odd thing happened today.  I was on a conference call (a 1-888#) and I could not access any data functions while on the call.  The error message was "A data connection cannot be established since a call is currently active".  I was taking a call where I normally have data access (usually 3 bars + (3G)).  As soon as I ended the call, the data was immediately re-enabled.  Has anyone experienced this before?  I'm on an ATT iPhone4.

Thanks

York

only when it was a edge connection and not 3g

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Data connection during conference call

york2 wrote:

Yep, you must have been on edge. Do you happen to have 3G turned off in Settings?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support