Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 23, 2011
6:15:53 AM
Data Speeds: Crippled to 300k/s UPLOAD MAX. HSUPA Disabled.

This seems to be an ongoing problem for all of AT&Ts new android devices, but most prevelant is the new Inspire 4g and Atrix 4g in which for some ungodly reason HSUPA is disabled in the modem firmware.  What this means to us customers is we are able to still get great download speeds, but our upload speeds are CAPPED to a max of 300k/s.  This results in poorer performance then expected, increased latency, and in all a less capable device.

To make an example, I am an early adopter of the Motorola Atrix... coming from both a Dell streak and HTC Nexus One on ATT I am well aware of the performance of the network in my area.  Using the android application speed test.net, I am regularly and consistantly able to obtain results of speeds showing 2500k/s download speeds and 2500k/s UPLOAD speeds using the Dell streak OR nexus one on the EXACT SAME sim card, APN settings, and location as I use my ATRIX in.  However when using the atrix for the last day, with over 25 simultanious tests... I was only able to obtain results of at best 2000k/s download speeds.... and the shocker A BEST OF 107k/s UPLOAD SPEEDS.  Keep in mind this was with full signal in the same exact location back to back as the dell streak using the same sim card.

These results are abismal.  They point to a flaw, likely encouraged by AT&T.  For what ever reason it was decided to cripple the upload speeds, it is a poor reason.  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.  THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.  IT NEEDS TO BE DONE IMMEDIATELY.

Please post if you have had similar issues if you have an Atrix or Inspire.  Install speedtest.net app from the android market and test your self! 

This is a call to action for AT&T.  Please do not disappoint your loyal customers, all we ask is for a properly functioning data connection to be fixed!

181 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(181)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 7:17:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

We can't just come to a conclusion like this based on one person experience...and again one of the managers at the Motorola support forums said that the ATRIX 4G does not support HSUPA....I don't know what to think anymore! I really like this phone but this crap is ruining the whole experience for me !

We can't just come to a conclusion like this based on one person experience...and again one of the managers at the Motorola support forums said that the ATRIX 4G does not support HSUPA....I don't know what to think anymore! I really like this phone but this crap is ruining the whole experience for me !

Re: Data Speeds: Crippled to 300k/s UPLOAD MAX. HSUPA Disabled.

61 of 182 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 7:21:18 AM
(0)
Mentor

"Motorola support forums said that the ATRIX 4G does not support HSUPA."

Zizo- Are you KIDDING ME!?  WOW

"Motorola support forums said that the ATRIX 4G does not support HSUPA."

Zizo- Are you KIDDING ME!?  WOW

62 of 182 (932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

63 of 182 (927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 7:48:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

That is not even listed in the specs for the 4G...right from the spects list itself shows:

4G* - HSPA+/LTE

We know it won't be LTE, so it will have to use the HSPA+.  That shows:

HSDPA 14.4 Mbps

Still, it is obviously not "turned on" yet in most places.

That is not even listed in the specs for the 4G...right from the spects list itself shows:

4G* - HSPA+/LTE

We know it won't be LTE, so it will have to use the HSPA+.  That shows:

HSDPA 14.4 Mbps

Still, it is obviously not "turned on" yet in most places.

64 of 182 (909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 7:59:47 AM
(0)
Mentor

Sent this and an email to engadget

Sent this and an email to engadget

65 of 182 (905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 8:17:50 AM
(0)
Mentor

good luck ...I have been tipping them for the last couple of days and maybe if they see enough emails about this issue they will consider publishing it..

good luck ...I have been tipping them for the last couple of days and maybe if they see enough emails about this issue they will consider publishing it..

66 of 182 (890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 9:30:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

Actually, the original AT&T spec sheet page: listed the HSUPA as category 6 (5.76 Mbps), as cached images such as the attached show. (Zizo79 posted that one over on the Moto Owner's forum.)

What worries me now is that in Aaron from Phonedog's somewhat negative review of the phone, he said he saw uploads between 800 kbps and 1.5 Mbps in the Charolette, NC area. If he is seeing these on his stock Atrix, then there is hope that this is a tower and backend issue. The thing is, no one anywhere else has reported upload speeds that high (that I have seen, either commentors or reviewers), so I don't know if maybe he is mistaken, if his mmodel had something switched on that ours doesn't (which I can't imagine being the case), or if it is "lit up" in his area...

Actually, the original AT&T spec sheet page: listed the HSUPA as category 6 (5.76 Mbps), as cached images such as the attached show. (Zizo79 posted that one over on the Moto Owner's forum.)

What worries me now is that in Aaron from Phonedog's somewhat negative review of the phone, he said he saw uploads between 800 kbps and 1.5 Mbps in the Charolette, NC area. If he is seeing these on his stock Atrix, then there is hope that this is a tower and backend issue. The thing is, no one anywhere else has reported upload speeds that high (that I have seen, either commentors or reviewers), so I don't know if maybe he is mistaken, if his mmodel had something switched on that ours doesn't (which I can't imagine being the case), or if it is "lit up" in his area...

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 (i747)

67 of 182 (857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 9:53:20 AM
(0)
Scholar

That was ONE manager who has already been proven wrong (the listing used to be on AT&T's own spec sheet for the Atrix), he probably googled it, saw it wasn't listed on AT&T's page or Moto's page and so said it doesn't have it. He provided no substantiation to his claim that it does not, I don't buy it. 

That was ONE manager who has already been proven wrong (the listing used to be on AT&T's own spec sheet for the Atrix), he probably googled it, saw it wasn't listed on AT&T's page or Moto's page and so said it doesn't have it. He provided no substantiation to his claim that it does not, I don't buy it. 

68 of 182 (846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 10:05:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

One can only hope the manager is wrong. What else can we do but wait till it comes out to another carrier i am discouraged that the bootloader wont be cracked any time soon.  Bummer

One can only hope the manager is wrong. What else can we do but wait till it comes out to another carrier i am discouraged that the bootloader wont be cracked any time soon.  Bummer

69 of 182 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 10:21:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

Didnt AT&T lied about the Inspire "4G" saying that the hardware is not capable of HSUPA?

While it is clear that HSUPA can be enabled by a simple build.prop edit on the Inspire.

THEY LIED AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO LIE.

Now, the guy with the Atrix on Rogers clearly has an AT&T branded Atrix (probably unlocked) and it does not matter if he uses it on rogers if HSUPA is disabled in the radio itself.

Sadly, since his device is so locked down we wont be able to fix it and this is why it is going back.

I will never buy an AT&T branded phone again.

Didnt AT&T lied about the Inspire "4G" saying that the hardware is not capable of HSUPA?

While it is clear that HSUPA can be enabled by a simple build.prop edit on the Inspire.

THEY LIED AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO LIE.

Now, the guy with the Atrix on Rogers clearly has an AT&T branded Atrix (probably unlocked) and it does not matter if he uses it on rogers if HSUPA is disabled in the radio itself.

Sadly, since his device is so locked down we wont be able to fix it and this is why it is going back.

I will never buy an AT&T branded phone again.

70 of 182 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 10:22:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

I used to own an iPhone 4 and I remember that it had th same issue but was fixed a month later by AT&T but once again that is an Apple product.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/07/tech/main6654713.shtml

http://www.pcworld.com/article/200554/atandt_accused_of_capping_iphone_4_upload_speeds.html

I sure hope it is the case for the Atrix  and that it will be fixed!

I used to own an iPhone 4 and I remember that it had th same issue but was fixed a month later by AT&T but once again that is an Apple product.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/200554/atandt_accused_of_capping_iphone_4_upload_speeds.html

71 of 182 (1,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 10:50:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

zizo79 wrote:

Lets hope they share that "speed love" with the rest of us! It is sad to know your phone can go faster, but the company is throttling it down.

zizo79 wrote:

Lets hope they share that "speed love" with the rest of us! It is sad to know your phone can go faster, but the company is throttling it down.

72 of 182 (1,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2011 8:32:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

I got 400 signatures on my petition=400 Unhappy customers. The question is: Does AT&T care to address this issue ?

I got 400 signatures on my petition=400 Unhappy customers. The question is: Does AT&T care to address this issue ?

73 of 182 (1,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2011 7:05:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

To be perfectly honest I envy all of you get dl speed above 1mb sadly I constantly get half that and i've never seen a upload speed above 228k. this definitely isnt what i signed on for if you're going to hype the atrix 4g like you're doing AT&T why tie both it's hands behind it's back?

To be perfectly honest I envy all of you get dl speed above 1mb sadly I constantly get half that and i've never seen a upload speed above 228k. this definitely isnt what i signed on for if you're going to hype the atrix 4g like you're doing AT&T why tie both it's hands behind it's back?

74 of 182 (1,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 6:56:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

Please be fair and offer the same speeds too all customers regardless of phone.

JFix capped HSUPA and deliver real HSPA+ speeds
Simpson say
No comment
Private Signer
No comment
Private Signer
Fix capped HSUPA and deliver real HSPA+ speeds
Private Signer
I'm also getting worse-than-iphone speeds with my Atrix in an area that supposedly already has HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul, but unlike some other people here I expect better-than-iphone-3g speeds out of a 4g phone, not just equal!

AT&T needs to enable HSUPA *and* deliver 4G download speeds for this phone (their site clearly claims 'up to 4x faster than 3g')...otherwise I'll be returning this great phone and moving to another network.
Madi B
"sometimes you gotta pay more to be slower" - I didn't realize how true that was
Sean Hughes
Very Misleading, data speeds are slower then my iPhone 4.
Steve B
love how AT&T advertises "4G" on a capped phone. I didn't mind so much on the Captivate, but when you tell me I'm getting "4G" (which is still slower than the other carriers btw), don't pull some shady move like limiting my upload speed
Private Signer
You shouldn't mislead customers about 4G data speeds especially when the competition, Big Red AND Sprint, have significantly more $$$ already running in their TRUE 4G (LTE) infrastructure.
Lee
agree that ATT shouldn't have say 4g when their speed not even 3g. i did research and test on the devise itself. and found that most of time, it the network deliver under 3g speed, sometime not ever 2g. i understand that 4g still under the process but ATT need to work on their word and language in order to defeat Verizon.
Andrew
No comment
Private Signer
I hold out hope that the future will unleash the phone, but in the meantime, I expect AT&T to at least admit that they are not providing 4G to a 4G phone, and promise that it will be unleashed soon.
JRFlurry
Typical AT&T nonsense. Overprice and underwhelming.
Justin Keck
No comment
Eliott
Let's push this harder. Atrix going back in 23 days if this has no resolution or response by AT&T. My Tilt 2 smokes this thing on upload by about a factor of 8 where I am.
Anthony Nguyen
ATT please listen to your customers
Private Signer
I love the Phone, but Do not agree with the fact that ATT is putting limitations on it, and not providing what they advertise.
Private Signer
Fix this, it's ridiculous.
Matt H
AT&T, this is insane
Private Signer
4g speeds please. If I wanted slow data I would have stayed with T-Mobile.
Private Signer
FIX IT!
Nick H.
Blatant false advertising! Sub par 3G is nowhere near 4G.
Private Signer
This was done with the Captivate as well - it could be enabled by swapping the Modem file from the Rogers Captivate - so clearly AT&T is disabling features on some phones - but not prohibiting this on their network as using other hardware works fine.
Private Signer
No comment
Matthew
No comment
ryan hysong
No comment

I hear T-Mobile has great 4G service that actually works!
Private Signer
How can you sell a "4G" phone that can not do 3G speeds??

Please be fair and offer the same speeds too all customers regardless of phone.

JFix capped HSUPA and deliver real HSPA+ speeds
Simpson say
No comment
Private Signer
No comment
Private Signer
Fix capped HSUPA and deliver real HSPA+ speeds
Private Signer
I'm also getting worse-than-iphone speeds with my Atrix in an area that supposedly already has HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul, but unlike some other people here I expect better-than-iphone-3g speeds out of a 4g phone, not just equal!

AT&T needs to enable HSUPA *and* deliver 4G download speeds for this phone (their site clearly claims 'up to 4x faster than 3g')...otherwise I'll be returning this great phone and moving to another network.
Madi B
"sometimes you gotta pay more to be slower" - I didn't realize how true that was
Sean Hughes
Very Misleading, data speeds are slower then my iPhone 4.
Steve B
love how AT&T advertises "4G" on a capped phone. I didn't mind so much on the Captivate, but when you tell me I'm getting "4G" (which is still slower than the other carriers btw), don't pull some shady move like limiting my upload speed
Private Signer
You shouldn't mislead customers about 4G data speeds especially when the competition, Big Red AND Sprint, have significantly more $$$ already running in their TRUE 4G (LTE) infrastructure.
Lee
agree that ATT shouldn't have say 4g when their speed not even 3g. i did research and test on the devise itself. and found that most of time, it the network deliver under 3g speed, sometime not ever 2g. i understand that 4g still under the process but ATT need to work on their word and language in order to defeat Verizon.
Andrew
No comment
Private Signer
I hold out hope that the future will unleash the phone, but in the meantime, I expect AT&T to at least admit that they are not providing 4G to a 4G phone, and promise that it will be unleashed soon.
JRFlurry
Typical AT&T nonsense. Overprice and underwhelming.
Justin Keck
No comment
Eliott
Let's push this harder. Atrix going back in 23 days if this has no resolution or response by AT&T. My Tilt 2 smokes this thing on upload by about a factor of 8 where I am.
Anthony Nguyen
ATT please listen to your customers
Private Signer
I love the Phone, but Do not agree with the fact that ATT is putting limitations on it, and not providing what they advertise.
Private Signer
Fix this, it's ridiculous.
Matt H
AT&T, this is insane
Private Signer
4g speeds please. If I wanted slow data I would have stayed with T-Mobile.
Private Signer
FIX IT!
Nick H.
Blatant false advertising! Sub par 3G is nowhere near 4G.
Private Signer
This was done with the Captivate as well - it could be enabled by swapping the Modem file from the Rogers Captivate - so clearly AT&T is disabling features on some phones - but not prohibiting this on their network as using other hardware works fine.
Private Signer
No comment
Matthew
No comment
ryan hysong
No comment

I hear T-Mobile has great 4G service that actually works!
Private Signer
How can you sell a "4G" phone that can not do 3G speeds??

75 of 182 (1,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 6:58:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Mar 5, 2011 at 9:07:27 PM
Company Response

The following response has been submitted by the company. It's source has been verified by Groubal.

*** NOTE ***

" This Is Not A Response From AT&T "

However - Groubal believes these words must be heard by its loyal members and followers. The PEOPLE'S VOICE MUST BE HEARD!

Ive been waiting for a DesireHD for a year. It's finally here and ATT destroys its capabilities. This is breach of contract. I'm taking my Inspire back! U can spot false advertising EVERYWHERE in ATTs ads. If they want to avoid network congestion then cap the iPhones speeds too. Favoritism leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
[No Spam Allowed]

Company Response

The following response has been submitted by the company. It's source has been verified by Groubal.

*** NOTE ***

" This Is Not A Response From AT&T "

However - Groubal believes these words must be heard by its loyal members and followers. The PEOPLE'S VOICE MUST BE HEARD!

Ive been waiting for a DesireHD for a year. It's finally here and ATT destroys its capabilities. This is breach of contract. I'm taking my Inspire back! U can spot false advertising EVERYWHERE in ATTs ads. If they want to avoid network congestion then cap the iPhones speeds too. Favoritism leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
[No Spam Allowed]

[ Edited ]
76 of 182 (1,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 6:59:12 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Mar 5, 2011 at 9:08:19 PM

“I am one of many people who got excited about the new Motorola Atrix 4G phone when AT&T advertised that they will be carrying it. The Atrix 4G is a powerful phone and has a lot of great features. Unfortunately, since owning this phone I have been experiencing very slow data speeds and have been losing the Internet connection especially in times when I really needed to find directions or look up information. I have contacted AT&T and was told that everything is fine and that the network in my area is working the way it is supposed to but it isn’t the case.

This is what I ask AT&T:

Why would the Motorola Atrix 4G, advertised as the most powerful phone in the market, register poorer data speeds than other less powerful phones?

Can AT&T explain to us why our upload speeds can’t go over the 300kpbs mark while other phones such as the iPhone 4 have upload speeds 4 to 10 times faster than the Atrix 4G? Don’t we PAY the SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY for your data plans? STOP CAPPING UPLOAD SPEEDS !!!

I am using Groubal to try to get AT&T and Motorola’s attention about this matter because I couldn’t find any other way to do so….We all know that AT&T is in the process of deploying their “4G” network (Please do not use that EXCUSE to explain the HSUPA CAPPING) but our Atrix 4G phone doesn’t even have 3G upload speeds !

There are so many unhappy paying customers out there and we want to be heard and our phones to work as they are meant to. If this is not resolved before the 30 day return period, unhappy customers like myself will be returning their phones !

[No Spam Allowed]

“I am one of many people who got excited about the new Motorola Atrix 4G phone when AT&T advertised that they will be carrying it. The Atrix 4G is a powerful phone and has a lot of great features. Unfortunately, since owning this phone I have been experiencing very slow data speeds and have been losing the Internet connection especially in times when I really needed to find directions or look up information. I have contacted AT&T and was told that everything is fine and that the network in my area is working the way it is supposed to but it isn’t the case.

This is what I ask AT&T:

Why would the Motorola Atrix 4G, advertised as the most powerful phone in the market, register poorer data speeds than other less powerful phones?

Can AT&T explain to us why our upload speeds can’t go over the 300kpbs mark while other phones such as the iPhone 4 have upload speeds 4 to 10 times faster than the Atrix 4G? Don’t we PAY the SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY for your data plans? STOP CAPPING UPLOAD SPEEDS !!!

I am using Groubal to try to get AT&T and Motorola’s attention about this matter because I couldn’t find any other way to do so….We all know that AT&T is in the process of deploying their “4G” network (Please do not use that EXCUSE to explain the HSUPA CAPPING) but our Atrix 4G phone doesn’t even have 3G upload speeds !

There are so many unhappy paying customers out there and we want to be heard and our phones to work as they are meant to. If this is not resolved before the 30 day return period, unhappy customers like myself will be returning their phones !

[No Spam Allowed]

[ Edited ]
77 of 182 (1,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 10:00:57 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JFizDaWiz on Mar 6, 2011 at 10:01:23 AM

You'd be better off returning the phone that a petition to get AT&T attention. If a huge chunk of sales for that phone were returned I bet they'd issue a firmware fix to resolve the cap. 

Unless you returned the phone and got an iPhone, then they still win.

You'd be better off returning the phone that a petition to get AT&T attention. If a huge chunk of sales for that phone were returned I bet they'd issue a firmware fix to resolve the cap. 

Unless you returned the phone and got an iPhone, then they still win.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
78 of 182 (977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 10:12:30 AM
(0)
Mentor
Its making press on alot of tech sites. Gaining popularity. If it gains enough it will be a major issue like the iphone cap 2 years ago.
Its making press on alot of tech sites. Gaining popularity. If it gains enough it will be a major issue like the iphone cap 2 years ago.

79 of 182 (970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 5:18:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

So, I have been having issue with my data today and I called AT&T to see if there were any outages in my area. I was told that everything is fine but I wish I could have recorded the conversation. So I asked the CSR why would the Atrix have lower download speeds than my iPhone 4, he said the reason why is that the Atrix uses Internet Explorer like browser and that the iPhone uses Safari which is better because it stores less cache... SMH  I really regret not recording it...

So, I have been having issue with my data today and I called AT&T to see if there were any outages in my area. I was told that everything is fine but I wish I could have recorded the conversation. So I asked the CSR why would the Atrix have lower download speeds than my iPhone 4, he said the reason why is that the Atrix uses Internet Explorer like browser and that the iPhone uses Safari which is better because it stores less cache... SMH  I really regret not recording it...

80 of 182 (927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 10:15:59 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Glomag on Mar 8, 2011 at 12:32:19 PM

Okay so I just got off the phone with AT&T's president office and I gave my info as well as the address of the petition. I was told it will be escalated to their managers and that they weren't aware of the issue. If you guys want to call, here is the number (no waiting): {Per Forum Guidelines, personal info edited} . The more calls they get, the faster they will respond !!

Okay so I just got off the phone with AT&T's president office and I gave my info as well as the address of the petition. I was told it will be escalated to their managers and that they weren't aware of the issue. If you guys want to call, here is the number (no waiting): {Per Forum Guidelines, personal info edited} . The more calls they get, the faster they will respond !!

[ Edited ]
81 of 182 (1,202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 6:47:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

I went to AT&T store to compare the speed with my iphone .I ask the sale rep why the 4G speed even slow then my current 3GS phone. Guess What the lovely rep told me? Sorry I really don't know then after a few seconds I think may be this Atrix got some problem. But don's worry the new one should be ok. I try to explain to her the HSUPA has been disabled by AT&T. She looks like know nothing about this and keep saying must be the phone ( Atrix) problem. To be honestly I like the phone but I will not buy it until At&t solve the upload speed problem. Imagine how long does it take for you to upload a 1.5mg photo ? :smileysad:

I went to AT&T store to compare the speed with my iphone .I ask the sale rep why the 4G speed even slow then my current 3GS phone. Guess What the lovely rep told me? Sorry I really don't know then after a few seconds I think may be this Atrix got some problem. But don's worry the new one should be ok. I try to explain to her the HSUPA has been disabled by AT&T. She looks like know nothing about this and keep saying must be the phone ( Atrix) problem. To be honestly I like the phone but I will not buy it until At&t solve the upload speed problem. Imagine how long does it take for you to upload a 1.5mg photo ? :smileysad:

82 of 182 (1,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

83 of 182 (1,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 9:55:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
Just wanted to add to the disappointment. The inspire is capable of hsupa... I have a custom rom that gives me 1+mbs easy
Just wanted to add to the disappointment. The inspire is capable of hsupa... I have a custom rom that gives me 1+mbs easy

84 of 182 (1,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2011 10:02:36 PM
(0)
Scholar
So was the Captivate and so is the Atrix, WITH CUSTOM (NON-ATT) ROMS. Every major GSM Android device since the N1 has been HSUPA capable, when an at&t branded device is HSUPA capable out of the box, then you'll be adding to the disapointment but your comment above does nothing but illustrate (as we are) that AT&T is disabling this...
So was the Captivate and so is the Atrix, WITH CUSTOM (NON-ATT) ROMS. Every major GSM Android device since the N1 has been HSUPA capable, when an at&t branded device is HSUPA capable out of the box, then you'll be adding to the disapointment but your comment above does nothing but illustrate (as we are) that AT&T is disabling this...

85 of 182 (1,059 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 8:01:30 AM
(0)
Mentor
I have an government plan. When I called that number they said my complaint will be sent to another office. I will be receiving a call in a couple of days. We shall see
I have an government plan. When I called that number they said my complaint will be sent to another office. I will be receiving a call in a couple of days. We shall see

86 of 182 (920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 8:08:56 AM
(0)
Mentor

sdlopez83 wrote:

That is the same response others, including me, have recieved.  A number of people have recieved call backs, but with the same PR speak and telling them to just return the device.

Its too bad AT&T won't just come forward and say HSUPA is disabled for XYZ reason and either wont be enabled, or will be enabled in a specific time frame. 

sdlopez83 wrote:

That is the same response others, including me, have recieved.  A number of people have recieved call backs, but with the same PR speak and telling them to just return the device.

Its too bad AT&T won't just come forward and say HSUPA is disabled for XYZ reason and either wont be enabled, or will be enabled in a specific time frame. 

87 of 182 (909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 8:34:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

Lawsuit.. I would not mind if I paid less for the service or all the phones are capped. This is uncompetiitve practices to favor one brand over another..

Lawsuit.. I would not mind if I paid less for the service or all the phones are capped. This is uncompetiitve practices to favor one brand over another..

88 of 182 (883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 8:36:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

mgfjd wrote:

That may be taking it a bit far.

However it IS false advertisement.

mgfjd wrote:

That may be taking it a bit far.

However it IS false advertisement.

89 of 182 (881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 9:52:34 AM
(0)
Tutor
I just want them to say they crippled hsupa because they didn't invest in their network enough and let apple do what they wanted because they owe them everything for at&t success over the years. They also need to admit they crippled android phones and purposely didn't offer quality android phones to appease apple.

They also need to enable hsupa on all their phones or disable it on the iphone.
I just want them to say they crippled hsupa because they didn't invest in their network enough and let apple do what they wanted because they owe them everything for at&t success over the years. They also need to admit they crippled android phones and purposely didn't offer quality android phones to appease apple.

They also need to enable hsupa on all their phones or disable it on the iphone.

90 of 182 (1,013 Views)