Posted Feb 23, 2011
6:15:53 AM
Data Speeds: Crippled to 300k/s UPLOAD MAX. HSUPA Disabled.

This seems to be an ongoing problem for all of AT&Ts new android devices, but most prevelant is the new Inspire 4g and Atrix 4g in which for some ungodly reason HSUPA is disabled in the modem firmware.  What this means to us customers is we are able to still get great download speeds, but our upload speeds are CAPPED to a max of 300k/s.  This results in poorer performance then expected, increased latency, and in all a less capable device.

To make an example, I am an early adopter of the Motorola Atrix... coming from both a Dell streak and HTC Nexus One on ATT I am well aware of the performance of the network in my area.  Using the android application speed test.net, I am regularly and consistantly able to obtain results of speeds showing 2500k/s download speeds and 2500k/s UPLOAD speeds using the Dell streak OR nexus one on the EXACT SAME sim card, APN settings, and location as I use my ATRIX in.  However when using the atrix for the last day, with over 25 simultanious tests... I was only able to obtain results of at best 2000k/s download speeds.... and the shocker A BEST OF 107k/s UPLOAD SPEEDS.  Keep in mind this was with full signal in the same exact location back to back as the dell streak using the same sim card.

These results are abismal.  They point to a flaw, likely encouraged by AT&T.  For what ever reason it was decided to cripple the upload speeds, it is a poor reason.  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.  THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.  IT NEEDS TO BE DONE IMMEDIATELY.

Please post if you have had similar issues if you have an Atrix or Inspire.  Install speedtest.net app from the android market and test your self! 

This is a call to action for AT&T.  Please do not disappoint your loyal customers, all we ask is for a properly functioning data connection to be fixed!

This seems to be an ongoing problem for all of AT&Ts new android devices, but most prevelant is the new Inspire 4g and Atrix 4g in which for some ungodly reason HSUPA is disabled in the modem firmware.  What this means to us customers is we are able to still get great download speeds, but our upload speeds are CAPPED to a max of 300k/s.  This results in poorer performance then expected, increased latency, and in all a less capable device.

To make an example, I am an early adopter of the Motorola Atrix... coming from both a Dell streak and HTC Nexus One on ATT I am well aware of the performance of the network in my area.  Using the android application speed test.net, I am regularly and consistantly able to obtain results of speeds showing 2500k/s download speeds and 2500k/s UPLOAD speeds using the Dell streak OR nexus one on the EXACT SAME sim card, APN settings, and location as I use my ATRIX in.  However when using the atrix for the last day, with over 25 simultanious tests... I was only able to obtain results of at best 2000k/s download speeds.... and the shocker A BEST OF 107k/s UPLOAD SPEEDS.  Keep in mind this was with full signal in the same exact location back to back as the dell streak using the same sim card.

These results are abismal.  They point to a flaw, likely encouraged by AT&T.  For what ever reason it was decided to cripple the upload speeds, it is a poor reason.  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.  THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.  IT NEEDS TO BE DONE IMMEDIATELY.

Please post if you have had similar issues if you have an Atrix or Inspire.  Install speedtest.net app from the android market and test your self! 

This is a call to action for AT&T.  Please do not disappoint your loyal customers, all we ask is for a properly functioning data connection to be fixed!

Data Speeds: Crippled to 300k/s UPLOAD MAX. HSUPA Disabled.

181 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(181)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

Re: Data Speeds: Crippled to 300k/s UPLOAD MAX. HSUPA Disabled.

[ Edited ]
2 of 182 (4,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 6:47:21 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Glomag on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:50:40 AM

The upload speeds are definetley capped? AT&T what are you thinking? The Inspire and Atrix are your new Android flagship phones and you are are disabling HSUPA? I have two weeks to decide if this is reason enough to leave AT&T. I am a new customer and very disappointed. 

Marco { personal info edited }

The upload speeds are definetley capped? AT&T what are you thinking? The Inspire and Atrix are your new Android flagship phones and you are are disabling HSUPA? I have two weeks to decide if this is reason enough to leave AT&T. I am a new customer and very disappointed. 

Marco { personal info edited }

[ Edited ]
3 of 182 (4,854 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 7:03:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

I am also extremely disappointed by this. Forget the "4G" business. How is it that this phone gets half the speeds on a regular 3G connection of phones like the iPhone 4 or the Nexus One?

If the radio is indeed crippled to disable HSUPA+, this is an outrage, and should be corrected as fast as possible. If no response is forthcoming, I am very likely to return my Atrix before my 30 days are up.

I am also extremely disappointed by this. Forget the "4G" business. How is it that this phone gets half the speeds on a regular 3G connection of phones like the iPhone 4 or the Nexus One?

If the radio is indeed crippled to disable HSUPA+, this is an outrage, and should be corrected as fast as possible. If no response is forthcoming, I am very likely to return my Atrix before my 30 days are up.

4 of 182 (4,806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 7:05:30 AM
(0)
Mentor

They are definately capped.   On the Inspire 4g and Captivate it WAS verified that it was due to a limitation in the AT&T specific modem firmware.   As soon as they were swapped out for non-att versions of the modem firmware the upload speeds were fixed, enabling HSUPA and the faster speeds associated (no more capped upload).  

After further testing and trial and error with settings and various other things on the Atrix, this exact issue is the same on it as it was on other devices.  AT&T has specifically chosen to CAP upload speeds by disabling hsupa at the modem firware level.

Very very disappointing.  Thus far technical support on phone, twitter, or live chat has ZERO answers or solutions beyond returning the device for another one.  Too bad it seems any device beyond the iphone has this issue as it appears.

They are definately capped.   On the Inspire 4g and Captivate it WAS verified that it was due to a limitation in the AT&T specific modem firmware.   As soon as they were swapped out for non-att versions of the modem firmware the upload speeds were fixed, enabling HSUPA and the faster speeds associated (no more capped upload).  

After further testing and trial and error with settings and various other things on the Atrix, this exact issue is the same on it as it was on other devices.  AT&T has specifically chosen to CAP upload speeds by disabling hsupa at the modem firware level.

Very very disappointing.  Thus far technical support on phone, twitter, or live chat has ZERO answers or solutions beyond returning the device for another one.  Too bad it seems any device beyond the iphone has this issue as it appears.

5 of 182 (4,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 7:16:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have to agree wholeheartedly, this is really disappointing. I'm coming from a DEV Nexus One with AT&T 3g bands. With my nexus just a couple days ago I was pulling 1.5-5mbps down and 1.2mbps up. With my new Atrix I'm still getting about the same down but 150-300kbps up. Just awful. This needs to be fixed immediately!

I have to agree wholeheartedly, this is really disappointing. I'm coming from a DEV Nexus One with AT&T 3g bands. With my nexus just a couple days ago I was pulling 1.5-5mbps down and 1.2mbps up. With my new Atrix I'm still getting about the same down but 150-300kbps up. Just awful. This needs to be fixed immediately!

6 of 182 (4,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 7:21:03 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Glomag on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:24:02 AM

This is why I am returning this piece of garbage and leaving ATT as soon as I can.  The audacity of this company are utmost insulting.  There disregard for the consumer aside from the Iphone (uncalled for comments edited}  is revolting.  After bieng a client for over 8 years I will definately be getting rid of this entire network.  Because of this.  Signed Boot loader, bad service = Capped Atrix in many aspects.  Fail of a phone.  Fail of a network. 

This is why I am returning this piece of garbage and leaving ATT as soon as I can.  The audacity of this company are utmost insulting.  There disregard for the consumer aside from the Iphone (uncalled for comments edited}  is revolting.  After bieng a client for over 8 years I will definately be getting rid of this entire network.  Because of this.  Signed Boot loader, bad service = Capped Atrix in many aspects.  Fail of a phone.  Fail of a network. 

[ Edited ]
7 of 182 (4,746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 7:23:10 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Glomag on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:26:36 AM

sdlopez83 wrote:

This is why I am returning this piece of garbage and leaving ATT as soon as I can.  The audacity of this company are utmost insulting.  There disregard for the consumer aside from the Iphone {uncalled for comments edited} is revolting.  After bieng a client for over 8 years I will definately be getting rid of this entire network.  Because of this.  Signed Boot loader, bad service = Capped Atrix in many aspects.  Fail of a phone.  Fail of a network. 

Honestly, this is the first issue I've had with AT&T that has made me consider leaving in nearly 10 years with them.  I get great coverage and really prefer their service.  But yeah, many aspects of this is very disheartening.

Not to mention, the atrix and the inspire have the ability to be really great phones... but this sort of thing ruins it.

sdlopez83 wrote:

This is why I am returning this piece of garbage and leaving ATT as soon as I can.  The audacity of this company are utmost insulting.  There disregard for the consumer aside from the Iphone {uncalled for comments edited} is revolting.  After bieng a client for over 8 years I will definately be getting rid of this entire network.  Because of this.  Signed Boot loader, bad service = Capped Atrix in many aspects.  Fail of a phone.  Fail of a network. 

Honestly, this is the first issue I've had with AT&T that has made me consider leaving in nearly 10 years with them.  I get great coverage and really prefer their service.  But yeah, many aspects of this is very disheartening.

Not to mention, the atrix and the inspire have the ability to be really great phones... but this sort of thing ruins it.

[ Edited ]
8 of 182 (4,740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 8:46:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

First to OP, k/s is not a unit of anything... your saing 1000/s...1000 what?

With that said there is obviously something wrong with the new Atrix, wether it be intential or not is besides the point. My upload speeds in comparison to my perivous phones(nexus one/iphone 3g) are horrible easilly 1/2.

On previous phones i was getting well into the 200kB/s range, with atrix i cant get above 40kB/s.

Also the atrix and inspire are both showing H+ when ever on 3g, this is false advertising...Att better watch out.

First to OP, k/s is not a unit of anything... your saing 1000/s...1000 what?

With that said there is obviously something wrong with the new Atrix, wether it be intential or not is besides the point. My upload speeds in comparison to my perivous phones(nexus one/iphone 3g) are horrible easilly 1/2.

On previous phones i was getting well into the 200kB/s range, with atrix i cant get above 40kB/s.

Also the atrix and inspire are both showing H+ when ever on 3g, this is false advertising...Att better watch out.

9 of 182 (4,612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 8:56:52 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by sdlopez83 on Feb 23, 2011 at 9:00:10 AM

Way ahead of you im writing to the NY D.A. and BBB today.  there is so much proof of these shinanigans and I have confirmations of no towers supporting 4g+ in my area from ATT techs.  Yet I have that 4G+ icon with sub 300 KB/S speed and by that i mean both U  p and down

Data speeds definitley crippler crossfaced

Way ahead of you im writing to the NY D.A. and BBB today.  there is so much proof of these shinanigans and I have confirmations of no towers supporting 4g+ in my area from ATT techs.  Yet I have that 4G+ icon with sub 300 KB/S speed and by that i mean both U  p and down

Data speeds definitley crippler crossfaced

[ Edited ]
10 of 182 (4,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 8:58:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

sdlopez83 wrote:

Way ahead of you im writing to the NY D.A. and BBB today.  there is so much proof of these shinanigans and I have confirmations of no towers supporting 4g+ in my area from ATT techs.  Yet I have that 4G+ icon with sub 300 KB/S speed

Let me know if there is anyway I can help...

sdlopez83 wrote:

Way ahead of you im writing to the NY D.A. and BBB today.  there is so much proof of these shinanigans and I have confirmations of no towers supporting 4g+ in my area from ATT techs.  Yet I have that 4G+ icon with sub 300 KB/S speed

Let me know if there is anyway I can help...

11 of 182 (2,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 9:58:06 AM
(0)
Explorer

Add me to the list of very unhappy users. I have had ATT for years now. Through work and my personal account. I have moved to VZ a few times but always came back to ATT. Had and iPhone 4 and Nexus One before I bought my Atrix . Both consistently get will over 1mbps upload sitting on my desk at home. Yet my Atrix is lucky to hit 200k. Needless to say I WAS VERY UPSET to see ATT do this to this phone. I can not even think of the rational behind this choice. Lets talk our top phone. The one that can act as a laptop and limit the upload. Please ATT fix this! If not might be time to try VZ Thunderbolt and LTE. 

Add me to the list of very unhappy users. I have had ATT for years now. Through work and my personal account. I have moved to VZ a few times but always came back to ATT. Had and iPhone 4 and Nexus One before I bought my Atrix . Both consistently get will over 1mbps upload sitting on my desk at home. Yet my Atrix is lucky to hit 200k. Needless to say I WAS VERY UPSET to see ATT do this to this phone. I can not even think of the rational behind this choice. Lets talk our top phone. The one that can act as a laptop and limit the upload. Please ATT fix this! If not might be time to try VZ Thunderbolt and LTE. 

12 of 182 (1,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 10:46:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

How useless is the front facing camera if your upload speed is capped to 0.4 mbps. Would be interesting to see how Qik works with these slow upload speeds.

How useless is the front facing camera if your upload speed is capped to 0.4 mbps. Would be interesting to see how Qik works with these slow upload speeds.

13 of 182 (1,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 10:53:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

ATT ATT ATT... why oh why do you do this to your valued customers...

Been with ATT for a long time over 8 years my wife has been very happy with the DL speeds on her iphone yet the newest and greatest Android phone Marketed 4G, which isn't even close to 3G speeds (False advertising) is crippled. 

It doesnt make any sense to me!!!  We could have all gone to Metropcs for this kind of speeds, but we pay Big Blue more money for faster speeds!!  FIX THIS ASAP with a software fix. 

You owe us that..

ATT ATT ATT... why oh why do you do this to your valued customers...

Been with ATT for a long time over 8 years my wife has been very happy with the DL speeds on her iphone yet the newest and greatest Android phone Marketed 4G, which isn't even close to 3G speeds (False advertising) is crippled. 

It doesnt make any sense to me!!!  We could have all gone to Metropcs for this kind of speeds, but we pay Big Blue more money for faster speeds!!  FIX THIS ASAP with a software fix. 

You owe us that..

14 of 182 (1,948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 11:00:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wow am I disappointed.  Took a chance to talk with a technical support person via live chat.  Fully explained this situation and asked if they were aware of the situation.   Their response "You can return the phone and get one that you are happy with"

Thats a horrible answer I must say.

Wow am I disappointed.  Took a chance to talk with a technical support person via live chat.  Fully explained this situation and asked if they were aware of the situation.   Their response "You can return the phone and get one that you are happy with"

Thats a horrible answer I must say.

15 of 182 (1,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 11:00:40 AM
(0)
Teacher

I don't know if this has been brought up here.  But according to the Premiere site the Atrix 4G includes HSUPA 5.76.  Huh.  iPhone still 4 times faster sending pics than my Atrix 4G.

-James

I don't know if this has been brought up here.  But according to the Premiere site the Atrix 4G includes HSUPA 5.76.  Huh.  iPhone still 4 times faster sending pics than my Atrix 4G.

-James

16 of 182 (1,939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 11:05:24 AM
(0)
Employee

to be honest you probably won't be able to talk to anyone about this, it is in the firmware of the phone and no settings that I'm aware of fix the issue other than flashing a custom rom on the device, which for sure works. so 2 things will happen

1. an updated firmware will be released to fix the issue

2. nothing will happen and the device will be crippled unless a custom is placed on there. 

think real hard about how you want to handle this. if you don't feel comfortable flashing a rom and don't want the crippling speeds return the phone within 30 days and wait to see if things are fixed because I would hate to see you trapped in a situation where it's outside the 30 days and you're stuck with the phone and unable to return it for something that performs faster. 

to be honest you probably won't be able to talk to anyone about this, it is in the firmware of the phone and no settings that I'm aware of fix the issue other than flashing a custom rom on the device, which for sure works. so 2 things will happen

1. an updated firmware will be released to fix the issue

2. nothing will happen and the device will be crippled unless a custom is placed on there. 

think real hard about how you want to handle this. if you don't feel comfortable flashing a rom and don't want the crippling speeds return the phone within 30 days and wait to see if things are fixed because I would hate to see you trapped in a situation where it's outside the 30 days and you're stuck with the phone and unable to return it for something that performs faster. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

17 of 182 (1,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 11:12:08 AM
(0)
Mentor

jmacdonald801 wrote:

-James

Very interesting.

jmacdonald801 wrote:

-James

Very interesting.

18 of 182 (1,916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 11:37:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just had enough with AT&T.

We have a business account for more than 6 years paying over $700/mo to the monster and i just can't figure out why a company would go so far to be hated and try so hard to end up as the WORST carrier in the US year over year.

It’s like AT&T is thinking "OK let's take the most powerful smartphone in the world and see how we can cripple it. Let's disable side loading. Let’s not allow downloading from the browser, let's disable HSUPA and make the upload slow so you can't really do video chats and create an overall bad user experience, Let's block apps from the Android Market, Let's sell a 4G phone and force our customers into 4G data plans while providing them with a CRIPPLED 3G phone, let’s have the worse data plan options and charge a fortune for them, let's see how we can make ourselves even more hated".

Seriously, AT&T, if this is not resolved by the end of the 30 days i am returning all our phones and taking our business somewhere else. Enough is enough.

Your latest HSUPA trick is actually considered FRAUD. I can’t wait for someone to pick this up on court.

I just had enough with AT&T.

We have a business account for more than 6 years paying over $700/mo to the monster and i just can't figure out why a company would go so far to be hated and try so hard to end up as the WORST carrier in the US year over year.

It’s like AT&T is thinking "OK let's take the most powerful smartphone in the world and see how we can cripple it. Let's disable side loading. Let’s not allow downloading from the browser, let's disable HSUPA and make the upload slow so you can't really do video chats and create an overall bad user experience, Let's block apps from the Android Market, Let's sell a 4G phone and force our customers into 4G data plans while providing them with a CRIPPLED 3G phone, let’s have the worse data plan options and charge a fortune for them, let's see how we can make ourselves even more hated".

Seriously, AT&T, if this is not resolved by the end of the 30 days i am returning all our phones and taking our business somewhere else. Enough is enough.

Your latest HSUPA trick is actually considered FRAUD. I can’t wait for someone to pick this up on court.

19 of 182 (1,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 11:53:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

If my interpretation is correct, you actually only have 14 days to return your Atrix. Sneaky.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

Unfortunately that leaves a small window for AT&T to even do anything about this. I like this phone and I've never had a problem with AT&T up to now, but this is ridiculous enough that I'll be sending it back if they don't promise a solution by Friday.

You've been warned AT&T, you're about to lose a ton of customers if you just ignore this.

If my interpretation is correct, you actually only have 14 days to return your Atrix. Sneaky.

Unfortunately that leaves a small window for AT&T to even do anything about this. I like this phone and I've never had a problem with AT&T up to now, but this is ridiculous enough that I'll be sending it back if they don't promise a solution by Friday.

You've been warned AT&T, you're about to lose a ton of customers if you just ignore this.

20 of 182 (1,869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 12:00:31 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Caretaker on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:08:18 PM

In case anyone else hasnt noticed... this was picked up by engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/23/atandts-brewing-hsupa-gate-the-inside-story/

Engadget wrote:

In case anyone else hasnt noticed... this was picked up by engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/23/atandts-brewing-hsupa-gate-the-inside-story/

Engadget wrote:

[ Edited ]
21 of 182 (1,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 12:00:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

speedrasr3 wrote:

Thats REDICULOUS.   I was told 30 days by reps in store and via customer service.

speedrasr3 wrote:

Thats REDICULOUS.   I was told 30 days by reps in store and via customer service.

22 of 182 (1,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 12:02:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

speedrasr3 wrote:

I believe you're misinterpreting it. The Atrix itself is neither a tablet nor the "MOTOROLA LAPDOCK". Now, if you did get the lapdock, you'll only have 14 days to return that, but the phone itself should have 30 days.

speedrasr3 wrote:

I believe you're misinterpreting it. The Atrix itself is neither a tablet nor the "MOTOROLA LAPDOCK". Now, if you did get the lapdock, you'll only have 14 days to return that, but the phone itself should have 30 days.

23 of 182 (1,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 12:11:06 PM
(0)
Mentor
30 days bro
30 days bro

24 of 182 (1,920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 12:21:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well I think if it says on their Premier site that it's HSUPA 5.76 and they sold me a phone that's not, I'll be out of my contract, dispute the charge, what have you after 14 days no problem.  Go visa.

-James

Well I think if it says on their Premier site that it's HSUPA 5.76 and they sold me a phone that's not, I'll be out of my contract, dispute the charge, what have you after 14 days no problem.  Go visa.

-James

25 of 182 (1,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 12:53:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

I am coming from the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G, a Galaxy S phone. Very disappointed thus far.   Data download and upload speeds very unimpressive- I am in Charlotte, NC with (supposedly) HSPA+ already live here (one of 10 or so cities) and the best (very best) I have gotten in multiple locations is 3 down, but usually a lot less. This compares with my Sprint Wimax of 4 to 8 down. Plus on our family iphone 4 with AT&T we get better data speeds than with the atrix, hands down. As to uploads, the Atrix gets 250 up, maybe, whereas the 4G on Sprint gets me 1250.
What really ticks me off is that if you go to the new AT&T coverage maps it now shows Charlotte, NC as one of the few cities as having HSPA+ coverage.  What a fraud.

I am coming from the Sprint Samsung Epic 4G, a Galaxy S phone. Very disappointed thus far.   Data download and upload speeds very unimpressive- I am in Charlotte, NC with (supposedly) HSPA+ already live here (one of 10 or so cities) and the best (very best) I have gotten in multiple locations is 3 down, but usually a lot less. This compares with my Sprint Wimax of 4 to 8 down. Plus on our family iphone 4 with AT&T we get better data speeds than with the atrix, hands down. As to uploads, the Atrix gets 250 up, maybe, whereas the 4G on Sprint gets me 1250.
What really ticks me off is that if you go to the new AT&T coverage maps it now shows Charlotte, NC as one of the few cities as having HSPA+ coverage.  What a fraud.

26 of 182 (1,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 1:27:44 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by cortez on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:31:17 PM

i'd say it's software related as well, phone is certainly capable of fast upload speeds .... a couple of samples from my Inspire4G are below.

single test with inspire4G with a Euro DesireHD ROM...

another test with a stock, rooted at&t Inspire ROM. that's pretty fast.

i'd say it's software related as well, phone is certainly capable of fast upload speeds .... a couple of samples from my Inspire4G are below.

single test with inspire4G with a Euro DesireHD ROM...

another test with a stock, rooted at&t Inspire ROM. that's pretty fast.

[ Edited ]
27 of 182 (1,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 1:29:11 PM
(0)
Mentor

cortez wrote:

i'd say it's software related as well ....  internet speed of my inspire4G with a stock, rooted at&t Inspire ROM. that's pretty fast.

Wait, so all you did was root? You haven't installed a new ROM at all?

cortez wrote:

i'd say it's software related as well ....  internet speed of my inspire4G with a stock, rooted at&t Inspire ROM. that's pretty fast.

28 of 182 (1,805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 1:51:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Scotchester wrote:

cortez wrote:

no... i installed a Euro Desire HD ROM & Telus kernel on the Inspire4G, tested internet speeds, then i  installed a rooted stock, Insire4G ROM with a stock kernel and tested the speeds again.

Scotchester wrote:

cortez wrote:

no... i installed a Euro Desire HD ROM & Telus kernel on the Inspire4G, tested internet speeds, then i  installed a rooted stock, Insire4G ROM with a stock kernel and tested the speeds again.

29 of 182 (1,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 1:57:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

cortez wrote:

Interesting... from that it sounds like the radio was updgraded when you did the first part, and left unchanged when you did the second part.

cortez wrote:

Interesting... from that it sounds like the radio was updgraded when you did the first part, and left unchanged when you did the second part.

30 of 182 (1,767 Views)