Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 24, 2010
5:54:49 PM
View profile
Data Plans
Edited by Helmsman on Jan 24, 2010 at 5:59:36 PM
Anybody else find it {word filter evasion}that we have to pay an EXTRA 30 bucks a month for EACH iPhone on the account, that there is no family data plan!!?? Not only that, I already pay for home internet through AT&T.  Why do I have to pay for EACH phone AND home internet.. I don't have to pay for every computer in my house that access the internet... should be one fee for all internet - esp if its the same company..   Then no tethering capability - they'll charge for that too!!  No wonder America is going bankrupt.  Nobody can afford anything anymore!  We need to stand up to these outrageous charges!!  I call {word filter evasion} AT&T!!!!!!!!
Message Edited by Helmsman on 01-24-2010 05:59:36 PM
Anybody else find it {word filter evasion}that we have to pay an EXTRA 30 bucks a month for EACH iPhone on the account, that there is no family data plan!!?? Not only that, I already pay for home internet through AT&T.  Why do I have to pay for EACH phone AND home internet.. I don't have to pay for every computer in my house that access the internet... should be one fee for all internet - esp if its the same company..   Then no tethering capability - they'll charge for that too!!  No wonder America is going bankrupt.  Nobody can afford anything anymore!  We need to stand up to these outrageous charges!!  I call {word filter evasion} AT&T!!!!!!!!

Data Plans

[ Edited ]
13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2010 5:59:21 PM
(0)
Former Employee
No.
No.

Re: Data Plans

2 of 14 (2,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2010 6:01:02 PM
(0)
Professor

wwell thats what apple requires AT&T customers to have. the Door is always open to pay your ETF and move on to another Cell provider.

i am not sure if there is anything we can do about it. unless a class action lawsuit comes into play;.then this will drive up our prices even higher to pay for the legal action aginst AT&T and apple.  but there are millions of Iphone users out there,and every now and then some one will cry about the data plan.

wwell thats what apple requires AT&T customers to have. the Door is always open to pay your ETF and move on to another Cell provider.

i am not sure if there is anything we can do about it. unless a class action lawsuit comes into play;.then this will drive up our prices even higher to pay for the legal action aginst AT&T and apple.  but there are millions of Iphone users out there,and every now and then some one will cry about the data plan.

hello!!!

3 of 14 (2,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2010 6:05:04 PM
(0)
Former Employee
"class action lawsuit"? We all know what we sign up for.
"class action lawsuit"? We all know what we sign up for.

4 of 14 (2,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2010 7:47:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

Just becuase we know what we signed up for doesn't mean it's right!!  There's no options and it's a bunch of BS!!!

Just becuase we know what we signed up for doesn't mean it's right!!  There's no options and it's a bunch of BS!!!

5 of 14 (2,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2010 9:13:44 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Glomag on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:19:28 AM

cbattin88 wrote:

I'm sorry, I missed where someone {please keep it courteous}  forced you to sign up for the plan even if you thought it was BS.  What is BS are the immature little brats who want to complain about the service that they knew they were going to get.  If you weren't happy with it, then you shouldn't have signed up for it.  "But AT&T was the iPhone option!!"  Too {please keep it courteous} bad - don't get an iPhone.  And you know what?  All the other major carriers have the same type of plans - each phone requires it's own data plan.  Had you signed on with Verizon for the Droid, you'd be complaining on their forums for the exact same reason.  You do - and did - have options.  But because you wanted the iPhone you were "forced" into this.  {Uncalled for comment edited} You have a right to your opinion that AT&T is the great Satan.  I have a right to my opinion {Uncalled for comment edited}

Message Edited by Glomag on 01-25-2010 01:14:25 PM
Message Edited by Glomag on 01-25-2010 01:19:28 PM

cbattin88 wrote:

I'm sorry, I missed where someone {please keep it courteous}  forced you to sign up for the plan even if you thought it was BS.  What is BS are the immature little brats who want to complain about the service that they knew they were going to get.  If you weren't happy with it, then you shouldn't have signed up for it.  "But AT&T was the iPhone option!!"  Too {please keep it courteous} bad - don't get an iPhone.  And you know what?  All the other major carriers have the same type of plans - each phone requires it's own data plan.  Had you signed on with Verizon for the Droid, you'd be complaining on their forums for the exact same reason.  You do - and did - have options.  But because you wanted the iPhone you were "forced" into this.  {Uncalled for comment edited} You have a right to your opinion that AT&T is the great Satan.  I have a right to my opinion {Uncalled for comment edited}

Message Edited by Glomag on 01-25-2010 01:14:25 PM
Message Edited by Glomag on 01-25-2010 01:19:28 PM

[ Edited ]
6 of 14 (2,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2010 5:43:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

graphite07 wrote:

wwell thats what apple requires AT&T customers to have.  

No it is not.  AT&T requires the data plan not Apple.  Think about it, who gets the data plan fee. 

graphite07 wrote:

wwell thats what apple requires AT&T customers to have.  

No it is not.  AT&T requires the data plan not Apple.  Think about it, who gets the data plan fee. 

7 of 14 (2,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2010 3:27:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Helmsman on Jan 28, 2010 at 3:46:59 PM
Believe me America isnt bankrupt because of bad cell phone plans. {Please be courteous}
Message Edited by iphoneduhdude on 01-28-2010 03:28:02 PM
Message Edited by Helmsman on 01-28-2010 03:46:59 PM
Believe me America isnt bankrupt because of bad cell phone plans. {Please be courteous}
Message Edited by iphoneduhdude on 01-28-2010 03:28:02 PM
Message Edited by Helmsman on 01-28-2010 03:46:59 PM

[ Edited ]
8 of 14 (2,123 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2010 5:48:59 PM
(0)
Master

How about this?  Why don't you take your cable modem to Portland or Phoenix or anywhere you don't live and see if it works?  Conflating home Internet access and mobile Internet access makes little sense.

cbattin88 wrote:

How about this?  Why don't you take your cable modem to Portland or Phoenix or anywhere you don't live and see if it works?  Conflating home Internet access and mobile Internet access makes little sense.

cbattin88 wrote:

9 of 14 (2,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2010 5:59:45 PM
(0)
Explorer
well i honestly think its your own fault they made u aware of the 30 and if you still got a smartphone its on you get another phone!!!!!
well i honestly think its your own fault they made u aware of the 30 and if you still got a smartphone its on you get another phone!!!!!

10 of 14 (1,939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2010 4:07:10 AM
(0)
Professor
I believe all smartphones have $30 data plan requirements now, not just the iPhone. Actually, I look at that as a good thing considering that the iPhone pulls down multiples of times the amount of data that other smartphones do for the same price.
I believe all smartphones have $30 data plan requirements now, not just the iPhone. Actually, I look at that as a good thing considering that the iPhone pulls down multiples of times the amount of data that other smartphones do for the same price.

11 of 14 (1,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2010 6:58:50 AM
(0)
Tutor
I don't see what the big deal is. AT&T now charges like $2 per MB if you don't have a data plan on your account. I use over 1000 MB on just my Blackberry each month. I'm sure iPhone users use more than that. I'd rather pay $30 a month than $2,000. If you have 2 or 3 iPhones, imagine how much it would cost you if you didn't have those data plans. I personally think that $30 a month is not a bad deal. You were definitely made aware of the $30 fee before you bought the iPhones. And home internet is a totally different service. If you don't want to pay so much don't have iPhones.
I don't see what the big deal is. AT&T now charges like $2 per MB if you don't have a data plan on your account. I use over 1000 MB on just my Blackberry each month. I'm sure iPhone users use more than that. I'd rather pay $30 a month than $2,000. If you have 2 or 3 iPhones, imagine how much it would cost you if you didn't have those data plans. I personally think that $30 a month is not a bad deal. You were definitely made aware of the $30 fee before you bought the iPhones. And home internet is a totally different service. If you don't want to pay so much don't have iPhones.

12 of 14 (1,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2010 3:12:15 PM
(0)
Master

cbattin88 wrote:

Of course there are options.  Don't buy an IPhone!  I didn't! 

cbattin88 wrote:

Of course there are options.  Don't buy an IPhone!  I didn't! 

13 of 14 (985 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2010 4:46:12 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yes and no. You knew going in what you signed up for so deal with it.

But i wish at&t would cut a little slack and say charge 45-50 for a 2 iphone family plan.

Yes and no. You knew going in what you signed up for so deal with it.

But i wish at&t would cut a little slack and say charge 45-50 for a 2 iphone family plan.

14 of 14 (976 Views)