Data Plans with family accounts

Highlighted
Tutor

Data Plans with family accounts

I saw an advertisement where AT&T was going to do unlimited everything for something like $169.99 a month, and I wanted to take advantage of it, but I wanted to make sure I was doing it right before I put my order through

Right now I just have one line with 450 mins and unlimited data.  I want to add a line and do unlimited talk on both lines (I see this family plan for $119.99) but then when I add the line it asks what data plan I want, so does that mean I have to pay the $50 for unlimited messaging/data for the new phone AND my old phone putting it at $100 for unlimited text/data on both phones + the $119.99 for talk???

How do I take advantage of the $169.99 deal 

Message 1 of 6 (276 Views)
Master

Re: Data Plans with family accounts

[ Edited ]

I have never seen that advertisement.  Where did you see this and do you have a link? 

ATT has lowered their rate plans on their Unlimited Talk plans but I have not seen anything about unlimited everything.  These plans do not include data or messaging.  Those are seperate charges.

Message Edited by Planet-Ed on 2010-01-19 11:00:55 AM
Message 2 of 6 (258 Views)
Tutor

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10436302-1.html

3rd bullet point

Family plan unlimited text AND data $179.99

Message 3 of 6 (250 Views)
Professor

its true but it works like this, 2 phone lines ulim everything 169.99 (non smartphone) 209.99 ulim everything for 2 smartphones.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (240 Views)
Master

As I stated the data and messaging is not included in the plan.  All they are doing in the article is manually adding the data and messaging features onto the new unlimited voice plan prices to show you how it would total up.

So if you want it you have to add the voice plan and then go in and add the data and voice afterwards.

As shown for the 2 FamilyTalk Unlimited plans with everything.

Both regular phones.

$119.99 - FamilyTalk Unlimited (includes first 2 phones)

$030.00 - Unlimited Messaging for Families

$010.00 - Family Data Unlimited Line 1

$010.00 - Family Data Unlimited Line 2

________

$169.99 total

One regular phone and one Smartphone/iPhone/Blackberry phone.

$030.00 - Smartphone/iPhone/Blackberry Data Line 1

$010.00 - Family Data Unlimited Line 2

________

$189.99 total

Both Smartphone/iPhone/Blackberry phones.

$030.00 - Smartphone/iPhone/Blackberry Data Line 1

$030.00 - Smartphone/iPhone/Blackberry Data Line 2

________

$209.99 total

Message 5 of 6 (235 Views)
Professor

yea what planet said, thanks for the back up

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (222 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.