Data Plan

Tutor

Data Plan

I have the unlimited Data plan because I was grandfathered into it. I still want to keep my unlimited data plan but my iPhone is damaged right now so I am no longer using it. I was told that if I suspend my data plan that I will no longer be able to go back to the unlimited plan once I reactivate it again. Please explain how this makes sense because if my account is noted and I have been a customer since 2007 why can't I keep the unlimited versus reactivating it then going to a 2GB plan when I use more than that of Data... AT&T is disappointing me more and more everyday... Woman Mad

Message 1 of 8 (324 Views)
Guru

Re: Data Plan

Because the feature is expired since July of the last year and it's not available anymore, if you remove it Customer Service won't be able to add it again to your account and you'll have to choose between one of the two new tiered Data Plans.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (321 Views)
Tutor

I don't want to remove it I want to place it on hold until I get another iPhone, how hard is that?? When I deploy later this year and I place my line on military suspension does the same thing apply?? I understand they took it away in July 2010 but for all the customers that have had it since whenever cause I have had a smartphone since I started with AT&T you mean to tell me there is no exception to the rule?? She also checked my usage of data and it does show I use more than 2GB of data. Again it does not make sense to me and I am glad Verizon has the iPhone now with unlimited data, AT&T should really think about getting it back before they start loosing more customers

Message 3 of 8 (316 Views)
Guru

Tareew wrote:

...and I am glad Verizon has the iPhone now with unlimited data...

That will be removed after a few months, Verizon already stated that their Unlimited Data offer is temporary to help with the sales of their iPhone.

Hmmm...I could recommend you a Reduced Rate Suspension, this one will let you to have your line suspended for a maximum of 6 months (180 days, after that the service is automatically restored) while paying only $10.00 per month, and the features you have are suppresed and don't need to be removed, this includes your Unlimited Data Plan.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (309 Views)
Tutor

I would like that please help...

Message 5 of 8 (302 Views)
Guru

Then call Customer Service at 800 331-0500 and ask them for the Reduced Rate Suspension, they can assist you to temporary suspend your line while keeping your Data Plan.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8 (298 Views)
Tutor

Thank you sooooo very much I do appreciate it and I do hope that AT&T get there unlimited data plan back is really is a good thing to have

Message 7 of 8 (295 Views)
Guru

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8 (289 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.