Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Nov 10, 2011
11:47:32 AM
View profile
Data Plan on Go Phone

I just purchaes the $15/for 100 MB data plan for my smart phone (Apple iPhone4) and its not letting me browse the internet. Very frustrated as the support number they give for go phones provides NO technical help options. Can anyone please tell me what may be wrong!? I've turned Cell Data and 3G on and don't know what else to do... Smiley Sad

Data Plan on Go Phone

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 5:11:06 PM
(0)
Professor
Search the forum for "iphone gophone" in the Prepaid forum.

Re: Data Plan on Go Phone

2 of 7 (1,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 10:38:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

OnlytheShadowKnows has detailed instructions on getting data to work with the iPhone. It appears the iPhone uses a different APN (likely to get visual voicemail working) than what most phones use.

3 of 7 (1,296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 11:27:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
It would be interesting to know whether visual voice mail will work with prepaid - I've never seen anyone who was using an iPhone on prepaid indicate that it is functioning. Only the Shadow Knows had indicated he uses Google Voice and has turned off at&t's voice mail service.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 12:36:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

hme83 wrote:
It would be interesting to know whether visual voice mail will work with prepaid - I've never seen anyone who was using an iPhone on prepaid indicate that it is functioning. Only the Shadow Knows had indicated he uses Google Voice and has turned off at&t's voice mail service.

As far as I'm aware, no one with iPhone on GoPhone has ever gotten visual voicemail to work. Makes sense if you go by the assumption that a special APN is used for iPhones so if you don't have the "iPhone" data plan, you don't get access to that APN.

5 of 7 (1,288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 3:09:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I just purchaes the $15/for 100 MB data plan for my smart phone (Apple iPhone4) and its not letting me browse the internet. Very frustrated as the support number they give for go phones provides NO technical help options. Can anyone please tell me what may be wrong!? I've turned Cell Data and 3G on and don't know what else to do... Smiley Sad

You will need to change your iPhone's APN settings to allow prepaid data to work. Once the settings have successfully been changed, your iPhone should allow you to use data services as a GoPhone.

I have an iPhone 3GS and am still debating on whether or not I should take advantage of the APN settings change.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (1,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2011 10:12:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

hnzw_rui wrote:

hme83 wrote:

As far as I'm aware, no one with iPhone on GoPhone has ever gotten visual voicemail to work. Makes sense if you go by the assumption that a special APN is used for iPhones so if you don't have the "iPhone" data plan, you don't get access to that APN.

Yes, sorry - I misread your earlier post. Smiley Happy 

I thought in it you were indicating that the APN information from Only the Shadow Knows would provide the visual voicemail functionality; but now that I've re-read it I see that's not necessarily what you meant.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

7 of 7 (1,250 Views)