Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

Mentor

Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

The current gophone data plan is

100 MB $19.99/mo

I am wondering what happens if you go over 100 MB.  I am thinking perhaps it reverts to charging you the 1c per X ?.

Is it possible to prevent this?  i.e. set the account to suspend data usage if it hits the 100Mb?.

My concern - going past the 100Mb and the subsequent bill which could follow.

TIA

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

If you were to go over the 100MB allowance, you would then be charged according to each KB used, depending on how many KB you have used. I do not know if there is a way to temporarily suspend data usage, other than deactivating the data network (3G/etc.) if your prepaid phone has the ability to. Most phones that are Wi-Fi capable have this option.

There is a data calculator that you can use to see the data usage you have already used, if you'd like. That could help you keep a closer eye on your usage. You could also dial *3282# to keep an eye on it. I do not know if that would be provisioned for prepaid accounts, but I have been told it will work.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 3
Master

Re: Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

The number to obtain a free text with your remaining prepaid data plan balance is *777*3# (send). 

And as Wild Banchi has said, if you use all of your allotment without purchasing a renewal, the PPU data rate is $0.01 per kB.  But you can always purchase another 1 MB or 100 MB allotment if you see you are about to go over, and any unused balance from your original allotment would be added to the new allotment amount/expiration date.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support