Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2011
3:22:29 PM
View profile
Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

The current gophone data plan is

100 MB $19.99/mo

I am wondering what happens if you go over 100 MB.  I am thinking perhaps it reverts to charging you the 1c per X ?.

Is it possible to prevent this?  i.e. set the account to suspend data usage if it hits the 100Mb?.

My concern - going past the 100Mb and the subsequent bill which could follow.

TIA

The current gophone data plan is

100 MB $19.99/mo

I am wondering what happens if you go over 100 MB.  I am thinking perhaps it reverts to charging you the 1c per X ?.

Is it possible to prevent this?  i.e. set the account to suspend data usage if it hits the 100Mb?.

My concern - going past the 100Mb and the subsequent bill which could follow.

TIA

Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 4:43:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you were to go over the 100MB allowance, you would then be charged according to each KB used, depending on how many KB you have used. I do not know if there is a way to temporarily suspend data usage, other than deactivating the data network (3G/etc.) if your prepaid phone has the ability to. Most phones that are Wi-Fi capable have this option.

There is a data calculator that you can use to see the data usage you have already used, if you'd like. That could help you keep a closer eye on your usage. You could also dial *3282# to keep an eye on it. I do not know if that would be provisioned for prepaid accounts, but I have been told it will work.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

If you were to go over the 100MB allowance, you would then be charged according to each KB used, depending on how many KB you have used. I do not know if there is a way to temporarily suspend data usage, other than deactivating the data network (3G/etc.) if your prepaid phone has the ability to. Most phones that are Wi-Fi capable have this option.

There is a data calculator that you can use to see the data usage you have already used, if you'd like. That could help you keep a closer eye on your usage. You could also dial *3282# to keep an eye on it. I do not know if that would be provisioned for prepaid accounts, but I have been told it will work.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

2 of 3 (3,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2011 4:37:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The number to obtain a free text with your remaining prepaid data plan balance is *777*3# (send). 

And as Wild Banchi has said, if you use all of your allotment without purchasing a renewal, the PPU data rate is $0.01 per kB.  But you can always purchase another 1 MB or 100 MB allotment if you see you are about to go over, and any unused balance from your original allotment would be added to the new allotment amount/expiration date.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

The number to obtain a free text with your remaining prepaid data plan balance is *777*3# (send). 

And as Wild Banchi has said, if you use all of your allotment without purchasing a renewal, the PPU data rate is $0.01 per kB.  But you can always purchase another 1 MB or 100 MB allotment if you see you are about to go over, and any unused balance from your original allotment would be added to the new allotment amount/expiration date.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Data Plan - What happens when you go over 100 MB?

3 of 3 (3,342 Views)