Data Plan Rollover

Data Plan Rollover

So I am nearing the end of my billing cycle. I have used 2967 MB of 2048 MB this month on my iPhone. So I have been charged $25 + $10 for the additional 1028MB. In 117MB I will be charged another $10. If this happens, from what I understand even though I will have paid $10 for another 1028 MB I will not get to keep it after my billing cycle is done. Is this correct? I have like 2 days left on it. I am getting used to dialing *DATA# on my phone.

Does this seem fair to anyone? To pay $10 for what could amount to 1MB of data? No rollover? To me it seems like price gauging. I mean 250MB is $10. 2 gig is $25 and 1 gig for $10. If one gig is worth $10 then how can 250MB be equal to $10? It seems to me if data were a commodity, which it should be, then the price structure is not equal. It just does not feel right to pay $10 for what could amount to be 1MB of data. Things need to change. I wonder if we all got together could we as consumers affect their pricing structure? Does that work?

Brian

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: Data Plan Rollover

No, data doesn't rollover.  People in the earlier days complain how the $30 data was expensive and prohibits them from buying a iPhone.

Message 2 of 6
Professor

The iPhone gives you plenty of warning when your going to go over, just control it. You get like 3 notifications before you go over.

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

I used to have the unlimited plan, but I left for one month and couldn't get it back when I came back. This is a complaint about the current pricing structure. Data should roll over if there is no longer an unlimited plan. It is only fair. That way I will not end up paying $10 for 1 meg of data. It is ridiculous.

As even more video services like Netflix come to the iPhone there will me more and more people complaining because 2 gig is not enough. I have reasoned that 3 gig is ok for now and I have no problem paying $35 a month for 4 gig. But paying $45 a month for 4 gig is too much, when I can get a clear4g hotspot for the same price for unlimited data. I would if I didn't have to have a data plan on my iPhone. AT&T's pricing really needs work. I am willing to bet there will be a class action lawsuit regarding this. That is all I've got to say. 

Message 4 of 6
Scholar

Be happy they aren't charging you $10 for every 200MB over the 2GB.

Message 5 of 6
Scholar

Data carryover would be great. Especially if you don't use a lot of data. But it's not offered. I have unlimited and it's worth it not to have to worry about going over.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support