Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 6, 2009
7:26:36 PM
View profile
Data Plan Requirement starting in Sept.

I just discovered that ATT is now going to require all PDA phones to have a data plan after Sept. 6th.  I have seen all the reasoning behind this, and frankly, I am upset.  I am perfectly happy with my ATT Tilt using WiFi access only.  I have never desired to have a data plan and like to use the features of my phone without the bloated cost of a data plan,

ATT has stated that they feel this is necessary to help prevent customers from excessive data charges for people who do not get a data plan.  I say it is just to force people to pay for data plans even if they they are perfectly content without one.  I have never had excessive data usage charges because I am intelligent enough to understand that I only access data when I am on a WiFi network.  This ridiculous requirement is now going to force me to reconsider staying with ATT as my wireless carrier.  I was also considering upgrading from my Tilt to a Fuze, but now I am not so sure.

I would hope that ATT would reconsider this requirement and allow their customers to continue to have the choice on whether they feel they need a data plan or not.  In my case, I do not and would like to keep it that way.

I just discovered that ATT is now going to require all PDA phones to have a data plan after Sept. 6th.  I have seen all the reasoning behind this, and frankly, I am upset.  I am perfectly happy with my ATT Tilt using WiFi access only.  I have never desired to have a data plan and like to use the features of my phone without the bloated cost of a data plan,

ATT has stated that they feel this is necessary to help prevent customers from excessive data charges for people who do not get a data plan.  I say it is just to force people to pay for data plans even if they they are perfectly content without one.  I have never had excessive data usage charges because I am intelligent enough to understand that I only access data when I am on a WiFi network.  This ridiculous requirement is now going to force me to reconsider staying with ATT as my wireless carrier.  I was also considering upgrading from my Tilt to a Fuze, but now I am not so sure.

I would hope that ATT would reconsider this requirement and allow their customers to continue to have the choice on whether they feel they need a data plan or not.  In my case, I do not and would like to keep it that way.

Data Plan Requirement starting in Sept.

279 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(279)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 8:18:22 AM
(0)
Teacher
After filing a complaint with the FCC the "Office of the President" called me yesterday. The reason I was given for AT&T's new policy was do deal with the customers that refused to pay for data that didn't have a data plan. This excuse naturally fell flat when I reminded them that data can be used with phones that aren't "Smart Phones" and that AT&T could turn off data on "Smart Phones" that don't have data plans. Also, why punish one class of customer for the actions of another? The only explination that seems to fly is poor management on AT&T's part and greed.
After filing a complaint with the FCC the "Office of the President" called me yesterday. The reason I was given for AT&T's new policy was do deal with the customers that refused to pay for data that didn't have a data plan. This excuse naturally fell flat when I reminded them that data can be used with phones that aren't "Smart Phones" and that AT&T could turn off data on "Smart Phones" that don't have data plans. Also, why punish one class of customer for the actions of another? The only explination that seems to fly is poor management on AT&T's part and greed.

Re: Data Plan Requirement starting in Sept.

91 of 280 (2,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 9:53:11 AM
(0)
Scholar
Crater1 wrote: 
 The only explination that seems to fly is poor management on AT&T's part and greed.

I agree 100%

Crater1 wrote: 
 The only explination that seems to fly is poor management on AT&T's part and greed.

I agree 100%

From my iPhone 4

92 of 280 (2,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 10:05:32 AM
(0)
Guru

I posted the following in another thread a couple of days ago:

There are two types of people that use these forums – those with and those without data plans.  Taking exception to the data plan requirement here has zero chance of successful resolution.  While the chances of success will be low it seems that some of the effort to compose and post these complaints would be better directed to some or all of the below especially at a time when there are some actions being contemplated concerning telecommunications.  I am not suggesting that anyone not use these forums to voice their concerns, only suggesting that if one objects to the data plan requirement that they include those in higher authority in the distribution.

Who Is My Representative:  https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet:  http://energycommerce.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1570&catid=160&Itemid=6...

Who Is My Senator:  http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Senate Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet:  http://commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Subcommittees.Subcommittee&Subcommittee_ID=d9...

Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau:  http://wireless.fcc.gov.

I posted the following in another thread a couple of days ago:

There are two types of people that use these forums – those with and those without data plans.  Taking exception to the data plan requirement here has zero chance of successful resolution.  While the chances of success will be low it seems that some of the effort to compose and post these complaints would be better directed to some or all of the below especially at a time when there are some actions being contemplated concerning telecommunications.  I am not suggesting that anyone not use these forums to voice their concerns, only suggesting that if one objects to the data plan requirement that they include those in higher authority in the distribution.

Who Is My Representative:  https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet:  http://energycommerce.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1570&catid=160&Itemid=61

Who Is My Senator:  http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Senate Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet:  http://commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Subcommittees.Subcommittee&Subcommittee_ID=d930b6ed-f970-4289-83c7-4a6e60ced4e2

Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau:  http://wireless.fcc.gov.

93 of 280 (2,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 10:06:17 AM
(0)
Expert

03hdfatboy wrote:
Crater1 wrote: 

I agree 100%

You forgot "follow the leader" since the other carriers are doing the same thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

03hdfatboy wrote:
Crater1 wrote: 

I agree 100%

You forgot "follow the leader" since the other carriers are doing the same thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

94 of 280 (2,595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 7:49:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

Currently I have the 450/5000 minute personal plan @ 39.99 plus the MediaMax unlimited data+txt for 30.00 for a total of $69.99

Under the new requirement I would pay 39.99 for the same personal voice plan plus 30.00 for the smartphone data plan plus 20.00 for unltd. texting. That total would be $89.99 monthly. p

AT&T would rake in an additional $480.00 over the course of my 2 yr contract renewal while providing me with the exact same service.....and this is beneficial to me how? 

Currently I have the 450/5000 minute personal plan @ 39.99 plus the MediaMax unlimited data+txt for 30.00 for a total of $69.99

Under the new requirement I would pay 39.99 for the same personal voice plan plus 30.00 for the smartphone data plan plus 20.00 for unltd. texting. That total would be $89.99 monthly. p

AT&T would rake in an additional $480.00 over the course of my 2 yr contract renewal while providing me with the exact same service.....and this is beneficial to me how? 

95 of 280 (2,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 8:16:49 PM
(0)
Professor

trizzaytx wrote:

Smartphone plans were always different than medinet plans. If you used a medianet plan with a smartphone, then you were using the wrong plan. You did not mention which phone you have, but if you do not have a smartphone,, you would still pay $30 for unlimited data and messaging. If you do have a smartphone, then, the plan details you mentioned are correct.

trizzaytx wrote:

Smartphone plans were always different than medinet plans. If you used a medianet plan with a smartphone, then you were using the wrong plan. You did not mention which phone you have, but if you do not have a smartphone,, you would still pay $30 for unlimited data and messaging. If you do have a smartphone, then, the plan details you mentioned are correct.

96 of 280 (2,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2009 10:26:00 AM
(0)
Mentor

guandalf wrote:

trizzaytx wrote:

Sorry...currently dumbphone, wanting to go smart w/ next device....AT&T's pricing scheme = incentive for customers to NOT renew contract and simply buy a 3rd party phone/used phone/etc so they can save $ by keeping existing plan.
For me in particular it's an issue of being charged a ridiculous amount for unltd. texting on top of the data plan(which itself is fair considering my usage level) when I know that the $20mo. is basically pure profit for the carrier.
Of course I can certainly understand how minimal data users are angry that there isn't a no-data option or tiered plan but that's a different subject altogether.

guandalf wrote:

trizzaytx wrote:

Sorry...currently dumbphone, wanting to go smart w/ next device....AT&T's pricing scheme = incentive for customers to NOT renew contract and simply buy a 3rd party phone/used phone/etc so they can save $ by keeping existing plan.
For me in particular it's an issue of being charged a ridiculous amount for unltd. texting on top of the data plan(which itself is fair considering my usage level) when I know that the $20mo. is basically pure profit for the carrier.
Of course I can certainly understand how minimal data users are angry that there isn't a no-data option or tiered plan but that's a different subject altogether.

97 of 280 (2,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2009 12:53:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

Good point. I've done them all. Now it's a matter of quanity. Keep those card and letters coming.

Just wait until the lawers arguing the Americans with Disabilities Act get in on the struggle.

Good point. I've done them all. Now it's a matter of quanity. Keep those card and letters coming.

Just wait until the lawers arguing the Americans with Disabilities Act get in on the struggle.

98 of 280 (2,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2009 9:08:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

I broke my Tilt last month (by accident).  My 2 year contract had just expired the month before and I've been with AT&T for about 8 years.  Earlier this year I had canceled my unlimited data plan since business was slow and most places I go to have free WiFi.  AT&T were still advertising the Fuze for $200 online but they were not on display at the store.  So I called AT&T told them I didn't want to pay $200 for this old/new (for me) phone and I didn't want to pay $30 for a data plan I didn't have or want.  So I talked to this one guy for 5 minutes than after threatening to swith carriers he transfers me to another department and after talking to the other guy for 5 minutes he gives me a $50 credit on my account and no data plan needed for a 2 year renewal. That's when I went to the AT&T store to find the Fuze but couldn't.   My brother was with me, he checks BestBuy.com and finds a Fuze for $99.95 with a 2 year renewal agreement.  BooYa!   :smileyvery-happy:

I got a new Fuze for $58 with tax and no data plan.    Moral of the story,  Call them Up directly.  The people at the store can't help you. The first operator probably can't help you either, but keep trying, use every angle you can think of, they want to keep your business, they will give you something.  Just remember to be Polite.  Nobody is going to want to help you if you insult and curse at them.

I broke my Tilt last month (by accident).  My 2 year contract had just expired the month before and I've been with AT&T for about 8 years.  Earlier this year I had canceled my unlimited data plan since business was slow and most places I go to have free WiFi.  AT&T were still advertising the Fuze for $200 online but they were not on display at the store.  So I called AT&T told them I didn't want to pay $200 for this old/new (for me) phone and I didn't want to pay $30 for a data plan I didn't have or want.  So I talked to this one guy for 5 minutes than after threatening to swith carriers he transfers me to another department and after talking to the other guy for 5 minutes he gives me a $50 credit on my account and no data plan needed for a 2 year renewal. That's when I went to the AT&T store to find the Fuze but couldn't.   My brother was with me, he checks BestBuy.com and finds a Fuze for $99.95 with a 2 year renewal agreement.  BooYa!   :smileyvery-happy:

I got a new Fuze for $58 with tax and no data plan.    Moral of the story,  Call them Up directly.  The people at the store can't help you. The first operator probably can't help you either, but keep trying, use every angle you can think of, they want to keep your business, they will give you something.  Just remember to be Polite.  Nobody is going to want to help you if you insult and curse at them.

99 of 280 (2,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 4:34:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
After calling the Wireless AT&T number and getting the "I can't help you" answer, I just can't wait until next March when I walk into the Sprint store and open up a Family Unlimited Data Plan.  I will get everyone in the family a Smartphone and let them loose.  Meantime I will be shopping around for a new telephone carrier, internet service, and TV services.  AT&T will not just be losing me as a Wireless customer, but everything else.  I guess they can do without $2,400 a year I have been giving them.  I will also be telling all my friends and family about all the other options.  If AT&T plays their cards right, thy can become the next Obama Motors.
After calling the Wireless AT&T number and getting the "I can't help you" answer, I just can't wait until next March when I walk into the Sprint store and open up a Family Unlimited Data Plan.  I will get everyone in the family a Smartphone and let them loose.  Meantime I will be shopping around for a new telephone carrier, internet service, and TV services.  AT&T will not just be losing me as a Wireless customer, but everything else.  I guess they can do without $2,400 a year I have been giving them.  I will also be telling all my friends and family about all the other options.  If AT&T plays their cards right, thy can become the next Obama Motors.

100 of 280 (2,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 5:46:45 PM
(0)
Guru
The ONLY reason I am even thinking about Sprint, is that, due to my job, I get 25% off my monthly bill with sprint.   With the new AT&T requirement, the difference woud be $160 with AT&T vs $112 for Sprint, my professional discount factored in.
The ONLY reason I am even thinking about Sprint, is that, due to my job, I get 25% off my monthly bill with sprint.   With the new AT&T requirement, the difference woud be $160 with AT&T vs $112 for Sprint, my professional discount factored in.

101 of 280 (1,612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 9:45:47 PM
(0)
Teacher
I believe this is a prelude to obamacare.  It's not about choice, it's about YOU paying for something you might not need.  Way to go ATT, obama loves you!
I believe this is a prelude to obamacare.  It's not about choice, it's about YOU paying for something you might not need.  Way to go ATT, obama loves you!

102 of 280 (1,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 9:53:30 PM
(0)
Professor

GS07 wrote:

Was it you that sent Glenn Beck the picture of Obama and the CEO of AT&T secretly meeting at an unamed golf resort? Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

GS07 wrote:

Was it you that sent Glenn Beck the picture of Obama and the CEO of AT&T secretly meeting at an unamed golf resort? Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

103 of 280 (1,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 10:27:15 PM
(0)
Teacher

"Was it you that sent Glenn Beck the picture of Obama and the CEO of AT&T secretly meeting at an unamed golf resort?"

I believe it would be more like obama calling the ATT CEO to the whitehouse, and forcing him to get in line with the messiah's socialist plan.  Then at the end of the meeting, obama politely questions the CEO, "How much do you make"?

"Was it you that sent Glenn Beck the picture of Obama and the CEO of AT&T secretly meeting at an unamed golf resort?"

I believe it would be more like obama calling the ATT CEO to the whitehouse, and forcing him to get in line with the messiah's socialist plan.  Then at the end of the meeting, obama politely questions the CEO, "How much do you make"?

104 of 280 (1,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 10:50:00 PM
(0)
Professor

GS07 wrote:

Trust me. There are no conspiracy theories here. Just pure business decisions! AT&T is doing nothing different to other cellular companies. If you do not want to pay for a data plan, AT&T has plenty of great phones, that do almost everything a smartphone does, and do not require a data plan, like the Samsung Solstice or Impression. In fact, if you are not going to use a data plan, there is nothing the Solstice can't do, that a smartphone can!

GS07 wrote:

Trust me. There are no conspiracy theories here. Just pure business decisions! AT&T is doing nothing different to other cellular companies. If you do not want to pay for a data plan, AT&T has plenty of great phones, that do almost everything a smartphone does, and do not require a data plan, like the Samsung Solstice or Impression. In fact, if you are not going to use a data plan, there is nothing the Solstice can't do, that a smartphone can!

105 of 280 (1,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 11:20:59 PM
(0)
Teacher

"like the Samsung Solstice or Impression."

I looked at these two phones this weekend as our daughter needed a new phone.  She flatly said "NO", and I would have to say that the phones were pathetic.  It looked like the phones were made for kids in middle school. 

"In fact, if you are not going to use a data plan, there is nothing the Solstice can't do, that a smartphone can!"

Though I don't have a data plan for my two HTC phones, I am still able to sync the Outlook Calendar and E-mail which I require on the road.

"AT&T is doing nothing different to other cellular companies"

And now you know why I stuck with them since 2001.  Now if ATT had a Family Data Plan like Sprint, that would be a different story.  Five months and counting...

I looked at these two phones this weekend as our daughter needed a new phone.  She flatly said "NO", and I would have to say that the phones were pathetic.  It looked like the phones were made for kids in middle school. 

"In fact, if you are not going to use a data plan, there is nothing the Solstice can't do, that a smartphone can!"

Though I don't have a data plan for my two HTC phones, I am still able to sync the Outlook Calendar and E-mail which I require on the road.

And now you know why I stuck with them since 2001.  Now if ATT had a Family Data Plan like Sprint, that would be a different story.  Five months and counting...

106 of 280 (1,555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 11:29:16 PM
(0)
Professor

GS07 wrote:

Both, the Impression and the Solstice do that too!

GS07 wrote:

107 of 280 (1,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 11:41:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

guandalf wrote:

GS07 wrote:

Does the Calendar screen look similar to the Outlook Mobile screens.  And can the screen resolution be improved from what it currently is?

guandalf wrote:

GS07 wrote:

Does the Calendar screen look similar to the Outlook Mobile screens.  And can the screen resolution be improved from what it currently is?

108 of 280 (1,547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2009 8:32:15 AM
(0)
Professor

GS07 wrote:

guandalf wrote:

GS07 wrote:

I have not played around with them too much. My mom has the Solstice because she wanted to sync with Outlook but does not need a data plan. I dont think the resolution can be increased on any phone.

GS07 wrote:

guandalf wrote:

GS07 wrote:

I have not played around with them too much. My mom has the Solstice because she wanted to sync with Outlook but does not need a data plan. I dont think the resolution can be increased on any phone.

109 of 280 (1,510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2009 10:31:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

Gaundalf,

Basically, the quality of a smartphone and a dumbphone is quite different.  The screen resolution, WiFi, add-on programs, flexibility in settings, and the look of the phone are just a few attributes that can not be matched.  btw, how does your Pure compare with a Solstice?  And you don't need a data plan to take advantage of the things I have mentioned.  Bottom line is that we are still paying for a plan to use the phone, why tack on $30 for data, $20 for texting on top of the $70 for voice.  $120 x 12 months adds up to quite a bit for just one phone annually, now mulitply the $30 by 4.  Did AT&T not consider that this country is not financially the same as it was three years ago.  While people are taking paycuts and layoffs, they go ahead and increase the cost of using a device on their system without changing the system.  From what I have read, people are not rolling over and paying the $30, they are looking at other carriers.  As a new customer who has been with AT&T for only eight years, I feel this is not the right way to go for the company. 

Gaundalf,

Basically, the quality of a smartphone and a dumbphone is quite different.  The screen resolution, WiFi, add-on programs, flexibility in settings, and the look of the phone are just a few attributes that can not be matched.  btw, how does your Pure compare with a Solstice?  And you don't need a data plan to take advantage of the things I have mentioned.  Bottom line is that we are still paying for a plan to use the phone, why tack on $30 for data, $20 for texting on top of the $70 for voice.  $120 x 12 months adds up to quite a bit for just one phone annually, now mulitply the $30 by 4.  Did AT&T not consider that this country is not financially the same as it was three years ago.  While people are taking paycuts and layoffs, they go ahead and increase the cost of using a device on their system without changing the system.  From what I have read, people are not rolling over and paying the $30, they are looking at other carriers.  As a new customer who has been with AT&T for only eight years, I feel this is not the right way to go for the company. 

110 of 280 (1,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2009 4:59:55 PM
(0)
Professor

GS07 wrote:

Gaundalf,

I don't disagree with what you are saying. Full blown PDA's will have more features, and this will be reflected in their price, as well as, in the now required data plan, which all major carriers now require for PDA's. Obviously, the Pure being a WM phone, will have more options than the Solstice, and more features. But they do address different markets. However, as you mentioned that you do not require a data plan, then, those differences diminish and make those phones almost equal. Obviously, a WM phone will sync better with Outlook, but the Solstice syncs just fine, if all you need are contacts and meetings.  The Impression by the way, is a higher end phone than the Solstice. Here is a great review of the Impression. Having the Java platform installed, means, you can also download applications for it, from sites like this one. Being a business owner, my needs are very specific. With almost 30 phones, AT&T currently meets my needs better than other carriers. If I were an individual user, the case might have been different. You may also want to consider Sprint, which offers cheaper voice and data plans than AT&T. T-Mobile, is about to announce a whole new set of plans which include voice and data. Bottom line, different carriers/plans work well for different people. I don't agree that AT&T is increasing the cost of using their devices. They have changed the ToS on using certain devices. Hope I managed to answer your questions.

GS07 wrote:

Gaundalf,

I don't disagree with what you are saying. Full blown PDA's will have more features, and this will be reflected in their price, as well as, in the now required data plan, which all major carriers now require for PDA's. Obviously, the Pure being a WM phone, will have more options than the Solstice, and more features. But they do address different markets. However, as you mentioned that you do not require a data plan, then, those differences diminish and make those phones almost equal. Obviously, a WM phone will sync better with Outlook, but the Solstice syncs just fine, if all you need are contacts and meetings.  The Impression by the way, is a higher end phone than the Solstice. Here is a great review of the Impression. Having the Java platform installed, means, you can also download applications for it, from sites like this one. Being a business owner, my needs are very specific. With almost 30 phones, AT&T currently meets my needs better than other carriers. If I were an individual user, the case might have been different. You may also want to consider Sprint, which offers cheaper voice and data plans than AT&T. T-Mobile, is about to announce a whole new set of plans which include voice and data. Bottom line, different carriers/plans work well for different people. I don't agree that AT&T is increasing the cost of using their devices. They have changed the ToS on using certain devices. Hope I managed to answer your questions.

111 of 280 (1,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 7:40:19 AM
(0)
Scholar
I've put in my two cents before on this subject.  Do those samsung phones allow the viewing and editing og excel spreadsheets?  That is tha main reason I use a amart phone. Also the constant frustration with ATT CS has become unbearable.  In fact ATT now come in dead lst of the big 4 in cuatomer service.  16 days and counting I WILL be moving my cell and home service  to sprint and local land line companyrespectively and I'll be paying roughly 1500 less a year for more options. 
I've put in my two cents before on this subject.  Do those samsung phones allow the viewing and editing og excel spreadsheets?  That is tha main reason I use a amart phone. Also the constant frustration with ATT CS has become unbearable.  In fact ATT now come in dead lst of the big 4 in cuatomer service.  16 days and counting I WILL be moving my cell and home service  to sprint and local land line companyrespectively and I'll be paying roughly 1500 less a year for more options. 

112 of 280 (1,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 7:41:53 AM
(0)
Professor

segar123 wrote:

They do not allow you to view  and edit Excel spreadsheet.

segar123 wrote:

They do not allow you to view  and edit Excel spreadsheet.

113 of 280 (1,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 8:46:39 AM
(0)
Teacher

I've done the same thing.

Bye AT&T.

G

Bye AT&T.

G

114 of 280 (1,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 8:54:26 AM
(0)
Professor

Crater1 wrote:

Bye AT&T.

G

Adios Amigo

Crater1 wrote:

Bye AT&T.

G

Adios Amigo

115 of 280 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 1:06:04 PM
(0)
Guru
You can't open/edit Excel spreadsheets on Sprint WinMo devices?  I thought Excel was a "basic" component of all versions of WinMo?
You can't open/edit Excel spreadsheets on Sprint WinMo devices?  I thought Excel was a "basic" component of all versions of WinMo?

116 of 280 (1,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 1:16:22 PM
(0)
Professor

sbriand wrote:

Ofcourse you can!  I thoguht the person asking, was talking about the Samsung Impression or Solstice.

sbriand wrote:

Ofcourse you can!  I thoguht the person asking, was talking about the Samsung Impression or Solstice.

117 of 280 (1,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 1:52:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'll tell you this much, if AT&T forces me into a data plan, you can bet full well that I will abuse it to the ends of the earth and get my "value" out of it. Tethering + Netflix streaming = 5GB maximum download.
I'll tell you this much, if AT&T forces me into a data plan, you can bet full well that I will abuse it to the ends of the earth and get my "value" out of it. Tethering + Netflix streaming = 5GB maximum download.

118 of 280 (1,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 3:32:35 PM
(0)
Scholar
Go ahead, and when you get caught tethering don't come here crying about your $2000 phone bill.  If you tether, it is a different plan,,,,$60.
Go ahead, and when you get caught tethering don't come here crying about your $2000 phone bill.  If you tether, it is a different plan,,,,$60.

119 of 280 (1,605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 4:05:19 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tilteduser on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:10:46 PM
Before finally getting my Tilt over a year ago I checked in the local Sprint store and at the time their smart phones only came with Office Mobile which was read-only. AT&T included Office Mobile Professional which allowed editing within the limits of the microprocessor. Sprint said that the upgrade fee to Office Mobile Professional was $99. Edit: I have not checked lately so this may have changed with Sprint.
Message Edited by tilteduser on 10-19-2009 04:07:09 PM
Edit 2: For some reason the system isn't formatting this as displayed during preview.
Message Edited by tilteduser on 10-19-2009 04:10:46 PM
Before finally getting my Tilt over a year ago I checked in the local Sprint store and at the time their smart phones only came with Office Mobile which was read-only. AT&T included Office Mobile Professional which allowed editing within the limits of the microprocessor. Sprint said that the upgrade fee to Office Mobile Professional was $99. Edit: I have not checked lately so this may have changed with Sprint.
Message Edited by tilteduser on 10-19-2009 04:07:09 PM
Edit 2: For some reason the system isn't formatting this as displayed during preview.
Message Edited by tilteduser on 10-19-2009 04:10:46 PM

[ Edited ]
120 of 280 (1,590 Views)