Data Phone

Tutor

Data Phone

Hello, I was wondering what phone would be the best phone i can get and still use the $50 monthly unlimited (including data) plan? i was told i can use the htc freestyle since it is not actually a smartphone/ and i was really wondering about the htc surround or the lg quantum....all in all i am really curious (out of all the phones available) witch would be the best with the above plan.

Thank You

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Data Phone

Tosborn wrote:

Hello, I was wondering what phone would be the best phone i can get and still use the $50 monthly unlimited (including data) plan? i was told i can use the htc freestyle since it is not actually a smartphone/ and i was really wondering about the htc surround or the lg quantum....all in all i am really curious (out of all the phones available) witch would be the best with the above plan.

Thank You

Using a smartphone such as the HTC Surround or LG Quantum with the $50 Unlimited plan would eliminate your unlimited data use of the plan. You could still use data, but you would have to purchase a separate data package(s). And it would not be unlimited.

Using a non-smartphone such as the Freestyle would give you completely unlimited data access without purchasing a separate data package. This is because non-smartphones use a lesser amount of data than "data hog" smartphones consume.

Overall, I think choosing the Freestyle would be your best bet. You could use truly unlimited data with it, no strings attached. But be cautious - the Freestyle is known to have quite a few bugs...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

What about other phones...what would be the best phone for data? (and maybe has a slide or flip keyboard)?

P.S. Without that many bugs of course

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Master

I know the LG Vu Plus is pretty good one. It has a slide-out physical QWERTY keyboard. The phone doesn't have to be offered as a GoPhone package. You can purchase it separately (used, new, whatever) and simply activate the phone with a new SIM card.

If you'd prefer to order here online, Samsungs tend to be good quality phones. LGs are alright...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support