Data Phone

Tutor

Data Phone

Hello, I was wondering what phone would be the best phone i can get and still use the $50 monthly unlimited (including data) plan? i was told i can use the htc freestyle since it is not actually a smartphone/ and i was really wondering about the htc surround or the lg quantum....all in all i am really curious (out of all the phones available) witch would be the best with the above plan.

Thank You

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)
Master

Re: Data Phone

Tosborn wrote:

Hello, I was wondering what phone would be the best phone i can get and still use the $50 monthly unlimited (including data) plan? i was told i can use the htc freestyle since it is not actually a smartphone/ and i was really wondering about the htc surround or the lg quantum....all in all i am really curious (out of all the phones available) witch would be the best with the above plan.

Thank You

Using a smartphone such as the HTC Surround or LG Quantum with the $50 Unlimited plan would eliminate your unlimited data use of the plan. You could still use data, but you would have to purchase a separate data package(s). And it would not be unlimited.

Using a non-smartphone such as the Freestyle would give you completely unlimited data access without purchasing a separate data package. This is because non-smartphones use a lesser amount of data than "data hog" smartphones consume.

Overall, I think choosing the Freestyle would be your best bet. You could use truly unlimited data with it, no strings attached. But be cautious - the Freestyle is known to have quite a few bugs...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (301 Views)
Tutor

What about other phones...what would be the best phone for data? (and maybe has a slide or flip keyboard)?

P.S. Without that many bugs of course

Message 3 of 4 (296 Views)
Highlighted
Master

I know the LG Vu Plus is pretty good one. It has a slide-out physical QWERTY keyboard. The phone doesn't have to be offered as a GoPhone package. You can purchase it separately (used, new, whatever) and simply activate the phone with a new SIM card.

If you'd prefer to order here online, Samsungs tend to be good quality phones. LGs are alright...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (279 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.