Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Feb 21, 2012
8:16:14 AM
View profile
Data Package for a Smartphone's Mobile Hotspot?

I guess the subject says it all.

I have an HPVeer on PayGo & I would like to use its Mobile Hotspot feature for my laptop while on vacation (in US).

Could I simply use the $25 for 500 mb Package for its Mobile Hotspot feature or may it only be used 'on device'?

Do you think this is possible?

Thank You for your help in advance!

I guess the subject says it all.

I have an HPVeer on PayGo & I would like to use its Mobile Hotspot feature for my laptop while on vacation (in US).

Could I simply use the $25 for 500 mb Package for its Mobile Hotspot feature or may it only be used 'on device'?

Do you think this is possible?

Thank You for your help in advance!

Data Package for a Smartphone's Mobile Hotspot?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 6:40:10 AM
(0)
Guru

Unfortunately, I'm not sure you'll get any official support for this from this forum or AT&T. I'm not sure why what you want to do wouldn't work, but I don't know that there's support for using the Mobile Hotspot feature of a smartphone on a prepaid plan.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure you'll get any official support for this from this forum or AT&T. I'm not sure why what you want to do wouldn't work, but I don't know that there's support for using the Mobile Hotspot feature of a smartphone on a prepaid plan.

Re: Data Package for a Smartphone's Mobile Hotspot?

2 of 3 (921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 2:31:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

AT&T branded smartphones are set to block the mobile hotspot feature unless you're on contract with the requisite data plan. If you have an unlocked phone though, mobile hotspot should work just fine.

AT&T branded smartphones are set to block the mobile hotspot feature unless you're on contract with the requisite data plan. If you have an unlocked phone though, mobile hotspot should work just fine.

Re: Data Package for a Smartphone's Mobile Hotspot?

3 of 3 (876 Views)