Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 26, 2011
4:56:52 PM
View profile
Data Connect Plan - No longer used but still being charged

Whilst travelling within the states, I enrolled in a Data Connect Plan - 2GB $25 / month.

Upon returning home, I destroyed the sim card for this plan thinking that would be the end of it. However, I recently received an email saying that I have auto enrolled in another month and $25 has been charged to my credit card. I have tried contacting customer service however they have been no help and have not been able to locate my account.

I no longer have the iPad which I used which travelling, I no longer have the sim card or any account information for this pre-paid account.

I have looked through the forum and see that there was a similar situation which was resolved by re-charging through the follwing URL - www.att.com.ipad however I had no luck with this as it asks for the sim card number which I no longer have.

All I really want to do is cancel the service so I no longer get charged the $25 month fee for a service I dont use.

Can anyone help?

Whilst travelling within the states, I enrolled in a Data Connect Plan - 2GB $25 / month.

Upon returning home, I destroyed the sim card for this plan thinking that would be the end of it. However, I recently received an email saying that I have auto enrolled in another month and $25 has been charged to my credit card. I have tried contacting customer service however they have been no help and have not been able to locate my account.

I no longer have the iPad which I used which travelling, I no longer have the sim card or any account information for this pre-paid account.

I have looked through the forum and see that there was a similar situation which was resolved by re-charging through the follwing URL - www.att.com.ipad however I had no luck with this as it asks for the sim card number which I no longer have.

All I really want to do is cancel the service so I no longer get charged the $25 month fee for a service I dont use.

Can anyone help?

Data Connect Plan - No longer used but still being charged

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 2:27:53 AM
(0)
Master
Here is a link to a thread about this same topic and what was done to close the iPad data account. http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPad/How-do-I-cancel-a-data-plan-for-iPad-when-I-nolonger-have-the/td...
Here is a link to a thread about this same topic and what was done to close the iPad data account. http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPad/How-do-I-cancel-a-data-plan-for-iPad-when-I-nolonger-have-the/td-p/2526465

Re: Data Connect Plan - No longer used but still being charged

2 of 7 (542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 2:35:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks but this did not work. I have tried this as metnioned in my post;

Thanks but this did not work. I have tried this as metnioned in my post;

3 of 7 (538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 3:40:34 AM
(0)
Master
You stated in your opening post that you no longer have the SIM card or the iPad, therefore, your only option is to call customer care to get the data plan canceled as was mentioned in that thread.
You stated in your opening post that you no longer have the SIM card or the iPad, therefore, your only option is to call customer care to get the data plan canceled as was mentioned in that thread.

4 of 7 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 3:59:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks. Its difficult to call customer service due to being in another country. I have tried to contact them by email, however I am being bounced between departments. I had been speaking with AT&T pre-paid customer service, and they have bounced me to AT&T go-phone department. Now I am uncertain as to which department I should be speaking to, the plan was a 2GB / $25 per month data plan.

I can't cant call them so I am trying to get a contact email so that the account can be cancelled.

Thanks. Its difficult to call customer service due to being in another country. I have tried to contact them by email, however I am being bounced between departments. I had been speaking with AT&T pre-paid customer service, and they have bounced me to AT&T go-phone department. Now I am uncertain as to which department I should be speaking to, the plan was a 2GB / $25 per month data plan.

I can't cant call them so I am trying to get a contact email so that the account can be cancelled.

5 of 7 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 4:21:41 AM
(0)
Master
Were you calling the international customer service number? If not, try calling +1-961-843-4685. Keep saying "customer service" at every prompt to speak to a live representative.... If this doesn't help, use this link to AT&T's "Contact Us" page to email them. You will need to enter a few pieces of info first, though.
Were you calling the international customer service number? If not, try calling +1-961-843-4685. Keep saying "customer service" at every prompt to speak to a live representative.... If this doesn't help, use this link to AT&T's "Contact Us" page to email them. You will need to enter a few pieces of info first, though.

6 of 7 (531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 4:25:30 AM
(0)
Master
Sorry, I forgot to add the contact us link in my post above. Here's the link: http://localization.att.com/loc/controller?appid=ecomm&ltype=contactus&return-path=http://www.att.co...

7 of 7 (529 Views)