DELL Streak (ANDROID)

Professor

DELL Streak (ANDROID)

I can't believe all this time, I just located the Android Commuity Discussion section of the forum. Checking to see how many Dell Streak owners are out there as well as how many ANDROIDians are out there and what phone do you have?

Message 1 of 50 (2,339 Views)
Master

Re: DELL Streak (ANDROID)

Just wanted to throw out a troubleshooting step. Did you mention if you have done a factory reset after that update and run the phone without any downloaded applications? Just to rule out any applications or left over code from the previous version.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 31 of 50 (1,887 Views)
Professor

I sure did Smiley Sad. Purposely didnt re install any apps to assure everything was ok..... Factory reset didnt do any thing to clear. Its the 15697 build they pushed out. I have copy of 14844 that doesnt contain the "enhancements" and should place all allocated system source and settings back the way it was.
Message 32 of 50 (1,880 Views)
Master

Oh, fiddle sticks!
Message 33 of 50 (1,878 Views)
Professor

My thoughts exactly.

But, one good thing out of it, this gives me a 'reason' to root!

Message 34 of 50 (1,874 Views)
Master

Me sad now. The Streak has been discontinued.

http://m.androidcentral.com/dell-streak-5-unceremoniously-discontinued
Message 35 of 50 (1,831 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Daaaaaag nabbit the rabbit! And Dell was sneaky about discontinuing it too! Just when they pulled the Streak from their web site, they posted a note referring to "system updates for the Streak and therefore, pulled existing stock and to look for announcements in August".. They "updated" it right out the window. Well, I still luvs me some Dell Streak.

They were suppose to re-release the Streak in 3rd Qtr under a new name "Opus" or something like that.. Until then..."oooooooh lawd naw, they done took my STREEK, lawd! They "kilt" my STREEK!.. Naw this just cant be happening.....Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 50 (1,829 Views)
Master

Luv the colorful clean language, RicoLX! Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
Message 37 of 50 (1,824 Views)
Professor

Im a little steemed about the androidcentral article. Dell sound like he got ma bell dippin' in his jar of cookies. Heeehehe, did u see my comment on ac.com?
Message 38 of 50 (1,822 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Yep! Even rated it too. thumbs up!
Message 39 of 50 (1,819 Views)
Professor

Posted the question on Dells Facebook wall. Got a prompt response privately to refer to the dell user forum. Posted the same question on Dells Wall along with the comment that referring to a user forum isnt getting an official comnent from Dell for leading patrons on by announcing just weeks ago that some huge upgrade is about to be announced at Dell regarding the Streak that required pulling current stonk....then they throw the discontinued msg out there... Its ok. My fone is good.
Message 40 of 50 (1,811 Views)
Professor

Re: DELL Streak Accessories Still Available (ANDROID)

One glimer of light for Dell Streak Owners.  Dell.com still supply and sell Streak accessories, some of which may have been hard to locate elsewhere.  Thats good to know.  Still hoping Dell release what they call the Opus1 or something like that which would have been the next generation Streak 5. 

Message 41 of 50 (1,889 Views)
Master

It's disappointing that the Streak is discontinued, now, but it was not an easy phone to get in the first place. AT&T never offered it in-store or online, so most users probably never had the nerve to order it, let alone have any knowledge about it.

Rico, I suppose your phone is truly "one-of-a-kind."

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 42 of 50 (1,877 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Thats why I likeit and fell in luv with it! It wasnt available solely thru and not tainted by att isms.

Its demise was Dells fault totally. Bad promos, bad marketing, and they really blew it when it didnt get released on the advertised date.

Heres the sad part: those who own one, know its value. Seriously this thing is superior. Dells decision to pull U.S. ONLY and continue to market and sell it overseas! While other companies are just now catching up to the 5" screen concept.

Dell is moving backward on this ........sad , man,.......sad

Message 43 of 50 (1,874 Views)
Master

Hey, RicoLX! Here is a phone to keep your eye on if you need a replacement for the Dell Streak.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/samsung-galaxy-note-official-5-3-inch-super-amoled-display-s/?m=f...
Message 44 of 50 (1,866 Views)
Professor

Anndroid154! Nowwwww you speaking my language! I can see this being my next device! I like the specs. Will have to re read it again. The stylus feature, I hope this thing still has pinchzoom like the streek. Unless pinchzoom is an android 2.2+ standard.

Have u seen the new ViewSonic tabphone? Very sim to the streak in alot of ways. Now I have two options to ponder! Cool.... I mean, "kewl"
Message 45 of 50 (1,864 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.