DELL Streak (ANDROID)

Professor

DELL Streak (ANDROID)

I can't believe all this time, I just located the Android Commuity Discussion section of the forum. Checking to see how many Dell Streak owners are out there as well as how many ANDROIDians are out there and what phone do you have?

Message 1 of 50 (2,328 Views)
Professor

DELL Streak: 3G and 4G question

[ Edited ]

When the great and powerful AT&T-Mobile riiiiiize from the POD into the mega-company and after 4G is 'truely' rolled out, will ATT discontinue supporting or selling phones that only has 3G capability?  Will we hve to purchase new phones to continue using the system or can we hold on to our 3g till they fall apart in our grabby hands before having to get back into the market again?  I just bought a phone and dont want to go thru that again for awahile (like hating car shopping)

Message 16 of 50 (1,307 Views)
Professor

* * * * D E L L STREAKS FOR A PENNY * * * * with Upgrade on AMAZON.com

[ Edited ]

BIG DELL STREAK ONE CENT SALE EVENT IS ON!!!

HURRY! SUPPLIES GOING FAST! 

Amazon is currently having a one cent sale on the Dell Streaks (with upgrade).  Not a bad deal if you are planning to move from windows phone to android or if you are planning to use your upgrade soon.

Message 17 of 50 (1,255 Views)
Professor

Re: * * * * D E L L STREAKS FOR A PENNY * * * * with Upgrade on AMAZON.com

Has anyone else purchased the Dell Streak and like their device? I've had my phone since March and its measured up to , and beyond what I like about cell phones. Perfect for business and pesonal use.

Message 18 of 50 (1,206 Views)
Master

Re: DELL Streak (ANDROID)

Message 19 of 50 (1,203 Views)
Professor

Haha. yup! i read that on Engadget this morning!!! First thing i thought was, hes on T-Mobile. (LOL). oh, speaking of (thres also a link to fcc for public comments , but im sure if it went 1,000,000 to 1 against the merger, its a done deal regardless)

Message 20 of 50 (1,198 Views)
Scholar

I've had mine since November.  I've been begging for a 5&...

RicoLX wrote:

Has anyone else purchased the Dell Streak and like their device? I've had my phone since March and its measured up to , and beyond what I like about cell phones. Perfect for business and pesonal use.

I've had mine since November.  I've been begging for a 5" phone for years and had to get this if only to support the company that answered my prayers.  Just wish it had a hardware keyboard.

I've been a WinMo (6.5.X) user for years and years.  I didn't really like the idea of switching to Android but I had no choice if I was going to use this puppy.  Started out with 1.6 and then 2.1, 2.2, and now 2.2.2.  I'm still luke-warm on Android.  I like the app store idea and it is better than the Marketplace thing on WinMo.  And it's much more flexible than WinMo with all the UI choices (I use ADW.Launcher, seems closest to CHT).  However, I got used to having all my contacts and appointments in Outlook and the Outlook <-> Android interface is clumsey to me.  So I ditched Outlook and now 100% Google with my contacts and calendar.

All the app choices are a benefit for Android.  I don't use the stock email client, went with K-9.

My phone is rooted only because I want to use SetCPU and a couple of other utilities that need root access. 

Bottom-line:  Credit the Streak for bringing me to Android.  But I would have bought the Streak no matter what OS it was based on.  And if there was a chef baking a WinMo 6.5.X ROM for the Streak, my phone would have never been booted off Android...

Message 21 of 50 (1,186 Views)
Professor

Wow, looks lime you went the same route I did from winmo, till they pried otb from my grabby fingers... I swore id never go android and glad I finally did. Especially the 5" screen! Oh, and I like t he flexibilith of the android system, rooting and having full control.

I went eith Enhanced Email from the market and its really nice. The stock is a means to get acclaimated, but the Enhanced has all the features I used in client emails from mass deletes, move, etc.

I have always had a phone with a physical keyboard but Streak sold me. I did get a bluetooth keypad to use with my phone, its tiny and rather convinient. Ill post a pic of it. See if you can locate one on amazon.
Message 22 of 50 (1,188 Views)
Professor

I got this Mini Bluetooth Keypad from Amazon.com to use with my Dell Streak.

Message 23 of 50 (1,180 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Cool!  I'll check out that keyboard.  Looks small enough to keep in my pocket next to my iPod Touch...

Message 24 of 50 (1,172 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Its nice and thin too. Holds a charge for a while. I bought a leather zipped carry case to put my Streak and the keypad, plus the usb cable for charging the pad if needed.

I hate getting the screen dirty and convient sitting the streak down on the desk and typing on a full keypad, screen stays cleaner as far as touching all the keys. If u consider one, they come in black to match phones, but they mistakenly sent silver. I didnt feel like dealing with the refund/swap issue.

Message 25 of 50 (1,167 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

If you are wondering why it appears the Dell Streak is becoming scarce on Amazon Wireless and BestBuy (looks like they are not restocking when running out)

Aside from AT&T pulling out of allowing 3rd party online vendors (such as wirefly and the like) to sell att phones anymore, there's a NEW DELL STREAK (or some new name) coming out 1Quater 2012.

Yep, maybe these grabby hands can get wrapped around one of these new babies.... will see

Message 26 of 50 (1,122 Views)
Master

With your sound problems that you posted in the other thread, try this app and verify your volume levels for all the different volume types.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.roozen.SoundManager
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 50 (1,111 Views)
Professor

Thanks Ann(droid154). I will give it a try, however, I think no matter how high I turn up volume controls, its the output that us simply too low since the update. Will post results here.

Thx
Message 28 of 50 (1,104 Views)
Master

The only other you might want to check is if the speaker itself has gone bad. I have read of other phones (HTC) doing this
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 50 (1,097 Views)
Professor

I doubt its the speakers going bad.. The up date has caused choppiness in screen transition and video recording is blurry and hangs. All of this occurred at the same exact moment. I need to roll back for sure.
Message 30 of 50 (1,095 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.