Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 20, 2012
1:21:32 PM
View profile
Customer what??????

Why is it that when I try to call "Customer Service" I have to go through a whole list of irrelevent questions form a robot before I finally get switched over to a busy signal?  Once might be a "glitch in the system" but twice in a row is mighty suspicious.  And then on the third try when I did get through to a live person I was first told that she could not help me, this was follwed by the question "can I help you with anything else".  What a waste of time, I'm certainly glad that I am no longer paying them big money monthly to give me an others the run around. 

I was told that it is against AT&T's company policy to unlock my Gophone SIM card so that I can use it my old phone, a Motorola Razr instead of the recently purchased Samsung A107.  That the policy was to protect the company, from what?  I bought the Motrola phone from the same blasted company, I don't get it. 

The suggestion that I got from "Customer Service" was that it would be best if just go buy another cheap phone, throw it away and install the virgin SIM card in the phone in which I intend to use it.  Seems a rather wateful approach to me.  Maybe they could put a big lable on the packaging infoming people of the fact that they could register the SIM in any phone they choose but would then be stuck with that phone for 6 months.  That would be more help than I ever got from Customer Service.

First post and rant over now.

Why is it that when I try to call "Customer Service" I have to go through a whole list of irrelevent questions form a robot before I finally get switched over to a busy signal?  Once might be a "glitch in the system" but twice in a row is mighty suspicious.  And then on the third try when I did get through to a live person I was first told that she could not help me, this was follwed by the question "can I help you with anything else".  What a waste of time, I'm certainly glad that I am no longer paying them big money monthly to give me an others the run around. 

I was told that it is against AT&T's company policy to unlock my Gophone SIM card so that I can use it my old phone, a Motorola Razr instead of the recently purchased Samsung A107.  That the policy was to protect the company, from what?  I bought the Motrola phone from the same blasted company, I don't get it. 

The suggestion that I got from "Customer Service" was that it would be best if just go buy another cheap phone, throw it away and install the virgin SIM card in the phone in which I intend to use it.  Seems a rather wateful approach to me.  Maybe they could put a big lable on the packaging infoming people of the fact that they could register the SIM in any phone they choose but would then be stuck with that phone for 6 months.  That would be more help than I ever got from Customer Service.

First post and rant over now.

Customer what??????

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 9:02:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

my wife has had a pay as you go phone for years and she has been able to take the sim card out and put it in another phone if she wanted. she has broken several phones and as long as she doesn't put it in a phone that requires constant internet access such as the smart phones it has never been a problem.

my wife has had a pay as you go phone for years and she has been able to take the sim card out and put it in another phone if she wanted. she has broken several phones and as long as she doesn't put it in a phone that requires constant internet access such as the smart phones it has never been a problem.

Re: Customer what??????

2 of 5 (472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2012 8:51:41 PM
(0)
Voyager

So, do you know if I purchase someones GoPhone, can I use that sim card in another phone?

So, do you know if I purchase someones GoPhone, can I use that sim card in another phone?

violetnimbusdotcom

3 of 5 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2012 1:21:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
i would like to know how to retrive my pictures from att go phone since you didnt put a sims cards with it the go phone to retrive the pictures i would to know how to retrive my three pictures from phone thank you
i would like to know how to retrive my pictures from att go phone since you didnt put a sims cards with it the go phone to retrive the pictures i would to know how to retrive my three pictures from phone thank you

4 of 5 (390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2012 8:42:15 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Jun 9, 2012 at 8:45:52 PM

orangenimbus wrote:

Why buy a used GoPhone to use the SIM in another phone? You may not want that someone's number.

However if the GoPhone has never been used, and the SIM has never been used, you can use the SIM in another phone. If you just need a SIM card, you can just go to an AT&T store and get one along with airtime. They will likely give you the SIM card for free, as long as you buy airtime at the same store.

NOTE: You may want to start your own thread.

orangenimbus wrote:

Why buy a used GoPhone to use the SIM in another phone? You may not want that someone's number.

However if the GoPhone has never been used, and the SIM has never been used, you can use the SIM in another phone. If you just need a SIM card, you can just go to an AT&T store and get one along with airtime. They will likely give you the SIM card for free, as long as you buy airtime at the same store.

NOTE: You may want to start your own thread.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (372 Views)