Customer Service Summary (CSS)

Anonymous
N/A

Customer Service Summary (CSS)

I recieved an email from att_update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com with subject "Information about your AT&T plan" reading:

This e-mail is to confirm and explain recent changes you made to
your wireless account. In your Customer Service Summary (CSS) you will find:

• An outline of your services
  • Your calling plan
  • An estimate of your future bill
  • General account information

To access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) click here
to login/register for MyWireless.

Note: If your Customer Service Summary CSS does not display,
make sure you have Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Download Acrobat
Reader
for free.

For additional information, check our Customer
Service and Support sections

For information about your device click here.

The terms of your service are included in your Wireless Service
Agreement and the applicable, Terms of Service and any rate plan/features
brochures you may have received. To access AT&T's current service terms,
click here.

And thanks again for choosing AT&T.

Sincerely,

AT&T

When I click the link for the "Customer Service Summary" I am taken to http://wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080/... The URL contains a string of numbers that I have removed in case they are sepecific to my account. Internet Explorer 9 reports, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." It is suspicious that the URL is for cingular.net and uses the port 8080. This appears to be a defect in the "Information about your AT&T plan" email that I was sent from AT&T. How do I access the "Customer Service Summary?"

Message 1 of 36
Contributor

Re: Customer Service Summary (CSS)

Thanks HNL808 for your instructions. 

Add me to the list of users that also cannot click the link from that e-mail.  The link DOES NOT WORK.

This is the URL that is in the e-mail for me: http://wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080/

If I send that addresso DNS tools

http://www.dnstools.com/?lookup=on&checkp=on&portNum=8080&target=wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net&submit=Go...

It verifies what other people are saying:

Connection failed: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

So, its been over 3 months - AT&T, how long does it take to revise your CSS e-mail to just put the instructions that HNL808 provided in the e-mail? Or simply

Message 31 of 36
Former Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback. I will makes sure the gentleman working on this issues sees your posts as well. 

As I've stated before, the link you posted does not give me any errors (both when I access it at home and at work) and our IT folks have not been able to reproduce the errors discussed in this thread. 

We will continue to review this issue and try to determine why some people are experiencing an error when they access the link. 

Thanks all...

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 32 of 36
Contributor

I received that message and tried the link on my iPhone and got "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found".  I then realized it is a wonky URL wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080 that people should not click on in an email because it can easily be a phishing scam, so I went directly to the AT&T site on my computer.  I could not find any obvious link to my new data plan information - it only showed my phone plan information.

So, I searched for "Customer Service Summary" in the search bar.  The first link returned was for this thread in the forums.  I see that others have had the same issue I have.  All I really wanted to know was the new terms of my data plan, but I couldn't find that easily.  I have to say I have not had a good experience with the AT&T MyWireless website.

Also whoever generates these auto emails (att_update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com - an email name I could not see fully in my iPhone until I copied it and pasted it in notepad...) does not seem like it is reallly from AT&T - it could really be a phishing email. Do you ever watch the AT&T Tech Channel Cyber Threat Report?  Isn't it supposed to be "One AT&T"?

I really want to send constructive feedback to your web design team, not post to a public forum, but I can't find alternative.  Maybe I should forward this to the AT&T cyber threat report team?

Also, while I'm writing, for a company where 80% of it's smart phone sales last quarter were iPhones, your att.com/mywireless site is not iphone-friendly and if you do have a mobile site, it does not let me know easily.

Thanks,

I will search where someone else said for the Customer Service Summary.  Hope I can find it.

Message 33 of 36
Former Community Manager

suelynn wrote:

I received that message and tried the link on my iPhone and got "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found".  I then realized it is a wonky URL wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080 that people should not click on in an email because it can easily be a phishing scam, so I went directly to the AT&T site on my computer.  I could not find any obvious link to my new data plan information - it only showed my phone plan information.

So, I searched for "Customer Service Summary" in the search bar.  The first link returned was for this thread in the forums.  I see that others have had the same issue I have.  All I really wanted to know was the new terms of my data plan, but I couldn't find that easily.  I have to say I have not had a good experience with the AT&T MyWireless website.

Also whoever generates these auto emails (att_update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com - an email name I could not see fully in my iPhone until I copied it and pasted it in notepad...) does not seem like it is reallly from AT&T - it could really be a phishing email. Do you ever watch the AT&T Tech Channel Cyber Threat Report?  Isn't it supposed to be "One AT&T"?

I really want to send constructive feedback to your web design team, not post to a public forum, but I can't find alternative.  Maybe I should forward this to the AT&T cyber threat report team?

Also, while I'm writing, for a company where 80% of it's smart phone sales last quarter were iPhones, your att.com/mywireless site is not iphone-friendly and if you do have a mobile site, it does not let me know easily.

Thanks,

I will search where someone else said for the Customer Service Summary.  Hope I can find it.

I'm sorry you are not able to access the link, I will let the IT know that we continue to see this issue. If you take a look through the rest of this thread, you'll see my previous responses as we troubleshoot this issue.

A data plan is considered a feature so to view your new data plan, just click on "Manage My Features" after you log into www.att.com. It is directly to the right of the big blue "View Recent Usage" button.

HNL808 posted some steps to view your summary earlier in this thread. I've pasted them below:

You can get to your CSS by logging on to your AT&T account, select "myAT&T", select "Profile", select "User Information" tab, scroll to "Contract Information" section, and click on "Customer Service Summary & Contract" hyperlink.  A box pops up; click on the "Customer Service Summary (Wireless)" hyperlink.  A .PDF file is generated, and you can either open it for viewing (with Adobe Acrobat), or save it for viewing later.
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 34 of 36
Contributor

I have followed the directions above but II don't see a "Contract Information" section anywhere!
Message 35 of 36
Highlighted
Contributor

i have followed the directions you posted and i do not get the link for the CSS download anywhere on the page. I have tried in IE 9.0.8112.16421and FF 10.0.2. I need to figure out what they have changed, so your help is appreciated.
Message 36 of 36
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support