Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 3, 2011
8:08:08 AM
View profile
Customer Service Summary (CSS)

I recieved an email from att_update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com with subject "Information about your AT&T plan" reading:

This e-mail is to confirm and explain recent changes you made to
your wireless account. In your Customer Service Summary (CSS) you will find:

• An outline of your services
  • Your calling plan
  • An estimate of your future bill
  • General account information

To access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) click here
to login/register for MyWireless.

Note: If your Customer Service Summary CSS does not display,
make sure you have Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Download Acrobat
Reader
for free.

For additional information, check our Customer
Service and Support sections

For information about your device click here.

The terms of your service are included in your Wireless Service
Agreement and the applicable, Terms of Service and any rate plan/features
brochures you may have received. To access AT&T's current service terms,
click here.

And thanks again for choosing AT&T.

Sincerely,

AT&T

When I click the link for the "Customer Service Summary" I am taken to http://wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080/... The URL contains a string of numbers that I have removed in case they are sepecific to my account. Internet Explorer 9 reports, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." It is suspicious that the URL is for cingular.net and uses the port 8080. This appears to be a defect in the "Information about your AT&T plan" email that I was sent from AT&T. How do I access the "Customer Service Summary?"

I recieved an email from att_update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com with subject "Information about your AT&T plan" reading:

This e-mail is to confirm and explain recent changes you made to
your wireless account. In your Customer Service Summary (CSS) you will find:

• Your calling plan

To access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) click here
to login/register for MyWireless.

Note: If your Customer Service Summary CSS does not display,
make sure you have Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Download Acrobat
Reader
for free.

For additional information, check our Customer
Service and Support sections

The terms of your service are included in your Wireless Service
Agreement and the applicable, Terms of Service and any rate plan/features
brochures you may have received. To access AT&T's current service terms,
click here.

Sincerely,

AT&T

When I click the link for the "Customer Service Summary" I am taken to http://wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080/... The URL contains a string of numbers that I have removed in case they are sepecific to my account. Internet Explorer 9 reports, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." It is suspicious that the URL is for cingular.net and uses the port 8080. This appears to be a defect in the "Information about your AT&T plan" email that I was sent from AT&T. How do I access the "Customer Service Summary?"

Customer Service Summary (CSS)

35 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(35)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 6:56:18 PM
(0)
Guru
The CSS is the overview of your account. If you think that you receive the wrong e-mail you can call cust care and check if they really send you one.
The CSS is the overview of your account. If you think that you receive the wrong e-mail you can call cust care and check if they really send you one.

Re: Customer Service Summary (CSS)

2 of 36 (25,929 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 5:45:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've upgraded my phones over the Internet along with making some required changes.I've the same email this morning with the same dead links. I did expect a new CSS.

The email did originate from AT&T (from Cingular domains). I guess it is a technical issue on the AT&T side.

I've upgraded my phones over the Internet along with making some required changes.I've the same email this morning with the same dead links. I did expect a new CSS.

The email did originate from AT&T (from Cingular domains). I guess it is a technical issue on the AT&T side.

3 of 36 (25,905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 11:16:10 AM
(0)
Mentor

I recently upgraded my phone online and received an email with broken links too.  The css summary can be found on your myatt page. 

As part of my new upgrade I was required to get a data plan.  Howerver my new data plan wasn't on the CSS, nor can I find it anywhere on my account.  Do you need to activate your new device before it shows up?

I recently upgraded my phone online and received an email with broken links too.  The css summary can be found on your myatt page. 

As part of my new upgrade I was required to get a data plan.  Howerver my new data plan wasn't on the CSS, nor can I find it anywhere on my account.  Do you need to activate your new device before it shows up?

4 of 36 (25,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 2:30:25 PM
(0)
Professor
That could be an automated system process thats emailing you, even before the CSSis ready, or they prepared it and had to pull it and make some updates. Has it been acxessible correctly since your post here on the forum?
That could be an automated system process thats emailing you, even before the CSSis ready, or they prepared it and had to pull it and make some updates. Has it been acxessible correctly since your post here on the forum?
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

5 of 36 (25,629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:36:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

We upgraded my wife's phone yesterday and I got the same e-mail with the dead link. I can't find anywhere on our account page to access the customer service summary. How long until the link should be active?

We upgraded my wife's phone yesterday and I got the same e-mail with the dead link. I can't find anywhere on our account page to access the customer service summary. How long until the link should be active?

6 of 36 (25,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:39:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

OK, just found it on the "Profile  ->  User Information page. You can download a pdf file from there.

OK, just found it on the "Profile  ->  User Information page. You can download a pdf file from there.

7 of 36 (25,556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:52:48 AM
(0)
Professor
Cool, does everything look in order on the CSS? Keep in mind those are "estimated" balances or dollars you see in your CSS. Smiley Wink
Cool, does everything look in order on the CSS? Keep in mind those are "estimated" balances or dollars you see in your CSS. Smiley Wink
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

8 of 36 (25,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 8:00:35 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Moved for better exposure
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 36 (18,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 3:52:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ShaunMN on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:26:08 PM
i received the following from att_update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com twice today once at 6:15am and again at 5:44pm. when i click on here (To access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) click hereto login/register for MyWireless.) i get the following message - http://11360hk6dgmcdln.yom.mail.yahoo.netsays: Warning! It appears that you are about to access a website that has non-standard web address format.  Such sites may contain harmful entities such as viruses.  We recommend you use extreme caution. then the options 'ok or cancel'. given all the spam and viruses i choose cancel.

is this really coming from att? what's with the warning? i've searched around and really haven't found an answer but i did notice that i'm not the only one who has received this.

thanks

Information about your AT&T plan
Hide Details
  • ATT_Update  
TO:
Message flagged
Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:44 PM

ATT

Thank you for choosing AT&T!

This e-mail is to confirm and explain recent changes you made to your wireless account. In your Customer Service Summary (CSS) you will find:

• Your calling plan

To access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) click here to login/register for MyWireless.

Note: If your Customer Service Summary CSS does not display, make sure you have Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Download Acrobat Reader for free.

For additional information, check our Customer Service and Support sections.

The terms of your service are included in your Wireless Service Agreement and the applicable, Terms of Service and any rate plan/features brochures you may have received. To access AT&T's current service terms, click here.

Sincerely,
AT&T 

Did you know?

Use the YP app on your new AT&T mobile device to get local information on the go. With the YP app - Find, Connect and Save!

You can check your balance, your usage and pay your wireless bill from your phone!

Dial and send the following:

*BAL# to check your balance
*MIN# for minutes remaining
*DATA# for data remaining
*PAY to pay your bill
*NEW# to check phone upgrade discount availability

Visit att.com/StarServices for more information.

But wait, that's not it. You get more every day with att.net!

Go to att.net for Top News Stories, Live Sporting Events, Weather, Entertainment, TV shows, Shopping & more! Plus check your att.net email from your phone.

Don't have an att.net email account?

Get a free att.net email with UNLIMITED storage and built in applications. It's easy, simply sign up at get.att.net

Note: There may be delays processing network call records. "Minutes Remaining" may not include airtime used within the last
2 to 5 days and does not include recent roaming minutes due to delayed processing.

This e-mail was auto generated. Please do not respond.                                        

©2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.

Reply to: Reply to ATT_Update

Send
{links removed for safety}
i received the following from att_update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com twice today once at 6:15am and again at 5:44pm. when i click on here (To access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) click hereto login/register for MyWireless.) i get the following message - http://11360hk6dgmcdln.yom.mail.yahoo.netsays: Warning! It appears that you are about to access a website that has non-standard web address format.  Such sites may contain harmful entities such as viruses.  We recommend you use extreme caution. then the options 'ok or cancel'. given all the spam and viruses i choose cancel.

is this really coming from att? what's with the warning? i've searched around and really haven't found an answer but i did notice that i'm not the only one who has received this.

thanks

Information about your AT&T plan
Hide Details
  • ATT_Update  
TO:
Message flagged
Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:44 PM

ATT

Thank you for choosing AT&T!

This e-mail is to confirm and explain recent changes you made to your wireless account. In your Customer Service Summary (CSS) you will find:

• Your calling plan

To access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) click here to login/register for MyWireless.

Note: If your Customer Service Summary CSS does not display, make sure you have Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Download Acrobat Reader for free.

For additional information, check our Customer Service and Support sections.

The terms of your service are included in your Wireless Service Agreement and the applicable, Terms of Service and any rate plan/features brochures you may have received. To access AT&T's current service terms, click here.

Sincerely,
AT&T 

Did you know?

Use the YP app on your new AT&T mobile device to get local information on the go. With the YP app - Find, Connect and Save!

You can check your balance, your usage and pay your wireless bill from your phone!

Dial and send the following:

*BAL# to check your balance
*MIN# for minutes remaining
*DATA# for data remaining
*PAY to pay your bill
*NEW# to check phone upgrade discount availability

Visit att.com/StarServices for more information.

But wait, that's not it. You get more every day with att.net!

Go to att.net for Top News Stories, Live Sporting Events, Weather, Entertainment, TV shows, Shopping & more! Plus check your att.net email from your phone.

Don't have an att.net email account?

Get a free att.net email with UNLIMITED storage and built in applications. It's easy, simply sign up at get.att.net

Note: There may be delays processing network call records. "Minutes Remaining" may not include airtime used within the last
2 to 5 days and does not include recent roaming minutes due to delayed processing.

This e-mail was auto generated. Please do not respond.                                        

©2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.

Reply to: Reply to ATT_Update

Send
{links removed for safety}

[ Edited ]
10 of 36 (17,842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 4:22:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

The hyperlink is BAD!

http://wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080/199670.17548.3074374.726. I received the same email and the hyperlink is bad. Pathetic!

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

The hyperlink is BAD!

http://wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net:8080/199670.17548.3074374.726. I received the same email and the hyperlink is bad. Pathetic!

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

11 of 36 (5,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 6:24:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

I received the same email, but received it twice. I also clicked on it and was not able to connect . What are the changes to my account? I did not make any changes within the last two weeks? seems

I received the same email, but received it twice. I also clicked on it and was not able to connect . What are the changes to my account? I did not make any changes within the last two weeks? seems

12 of 36 (5,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 7:08:10 AM
(0)
Contributor
That was helpful. Thanks.
That was helpful. Thanks.

13 of 36 (5,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2011 2:44:02 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

DLWTHE1ST wrote:

The hyperlink is BAD!

When I click on that link, I'm taken to my Account Management page. I tried it in Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. 

I'm not sure why you're not able access the page, but it's not the link that's the problem. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

DLWTHE1ST wrote:

The hyperlink is BAD!

When I click on that link, I'm taken to my Account Management page. I tried it in Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. 

I'm not sure why you're not able access the page, but it's not the link that's the problem. 

--------------

14 of 36 (5,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 7:03:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is unbelievably bad customer service!  I got one of those CSS emails as well, and in trying to find some support on the ATT web-site found this two page blog posting about the dead-end link.  Reading at the top, I see that over 10,000 people have viewed this posting, indicating that they probably also got this email (why else would they look at the post?).  So the situation is that over 10,000 of your customers have gotten an email and looked on your web site for an answer.  Perhaps this is important information that you wanted to send to us, but got a bad link copied in, or perhaps your system just sent the email by mistake.

In response to your mistakes, you have a blog posting where your customer service people have no answers, but tell us to look through the web-site some more. Also, you end with a smart-a$ "unicorn" comment.  Perhaps you could re-consider the quality of how you communicate with your customers.

This is unbelievably bad customer service!  I got one of those CSS emails as well, and in trying to find some support on the ATT web-site found this two page blog posting about the dead-end link.  Reading at the top, I see that over 10,000 people have viewed this posting, indicating that they probably also got this email (why else would they look at the post?).  So the situation is that over 10,000 of your customers have gotten an email and looked on your web site for an answer.  Perhaps this is important information that you wanted to send to us, but got a bad link copied in, or perhaps your system just sent the email by mistake.

In response to your mistakes, you have a blog posting where your customer service people have no answers, but tell us to look through the web-site some more. Also, you end with a smart-a$ "unicorn" comment.  Perhaps you could re-consider the quality of how you communicate with your customers.

15 of 36 (5,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 7:16:06 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you're still having difficulty with the link. As I stated, I'm able to access it with no issue which means the link itself is not the issue. I've tried it with multiple browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) and was able to access it with no issue. 

Have you tried a different browser or taking steps like clearning your cache, temp files or cookies?

--------------

I'm sorry you're still having difficulty with the link. As I stated, I'm able to access it with no issue which means the link itself is not the issue. I've tried it with multiple browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) and was able to access it with no issue. 

Have you tried a different browser or taking steps like clearning your cache, temp files or cookies?

--------------

16 of 36 (5,320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2011 10:11:49 PM
(0)
Expert

I can't get in either, and I tried IE9 and FF9.

I can't get in either, and I tried IE9 and FF9.

17 of 36 (5,000 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 9:06:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

The link clearly has been broken since October--and remains broken for (some/all?) external users.  (Perhaps you doing your testing from an intranet?)  Please try harder since most people surely give up in frustration rather than make a post.  I use links from other companies daily with no problem...so doubt "clearning [my] cache, temp files or cookies" is necessary or would be a solution.  I'll phone customer service.

The link clearly has been broken since October--and remains broken for (some/all?) external users.  (Perhaps you doing your testing from an intranet?)  Please try harder since most people surely give up in frustration rather than make a post.  I use links from other companies daily with no problem...so doubt "clearning [my] cache, temp files or cookies" is necessary or would be a solution.  I'll phone customer service.

18 of 36 (4,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 8:23:15 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

mwittel wrote:

I'll keep looking into this (I did try both at home and at work without issue). I'll update this thread when I have some info from our IT folks. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

--------------

mwittel wrote:

I'll keep looking into this (I did try both at home and at work without issue). I'll update this thread when I have some info from our IT folks. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

--------------

19 of 36 (4,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 10:06:11 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Can the folks who are having a problem accessing this link help me troubleshoot by replying with the browser (and the version of that browser) you're using?
Thanks!

--------------

Can the folks who are having a problem accessing this link help me troubleshoot by replying with the browser (and the version of that browser) you're using?
Thanks!

--------------

20 of 36 (4,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 11:24:57 AM
(0)
Expert

Firefox can't find the server at wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net.  (FF 9.01)

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.  (IE 9.08)

I'm running Win. 7, and get the same result on a 32-bit and 64-bit version, if that helps.

Firefox can't find the server at wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net.  (FF 9.01)

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.  (IE 9.08)

I'm running Win. 7, and get the same result on a 32-bit and 64-bit version, if that helps.

21 of 36 (4,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 12:05:42 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks!

--------------

Thanks!

--------------

22 of 36 (4,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 12:53:51 PM
(0)
Expert
YW.
YW.

23 of 36 (4,410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 1:38:07 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

spd2demun - are you able to access the site using the direct link? (https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?target=CSS)

--------------

spd2demun - are you able to access the site using the direct link? (https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?target=CSS)

--------------

24 of 36 (4,407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 6:17:50 PM
(0)
Expert

Yes, that takes me to my OLAM, though I didn't try to log in.

Yes, that takes me to my OLAM, though I didn't try to log in.

25 of 36 (4,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2012 7:52:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

I wonder how long it will take for AT&T to read this string of comments ON THEIR SITE and realize that the CSS emails they're sending to customers contains multiple bad links?

I wonder how long it will take for AT&T to read this string of comments ON THEIR SITE and realize that the CSS emails they're sending to customers contains multiple bad links?

26 of 36 (4,299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2012 8:47:35 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

yesimkidding wrote:

Hi there - I have been reading the thread and if you'll take a look at my last few replies, you'll see that we are working to resolve the issue that some folks are reporting. 

Are you also experiencing this issue?

--------------

yesimkidding wrote:

Hi there - I have been reading the thread and if you'll take a look at my last few replies, you'll see that we are working to resolve the issue that some folks are reporting. 

Are you also experiencing this issue?

--------------

27 of 36 (4,295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2012 4:15:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same bad link problem as everyone else, my error message is "Firefox can't find the server at wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net".

I'm having the same bad link problem as everyone else, my error message is "Firefox can't find the server at wsdkna01.wdc.cingular.net".

28 of 36 (4,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2012 5:16:08 AM
(0)
Expert
FWIW, I just tried that link and get the same thing via my phone.
FWIW, I just tried that link and get the same thing via my phone.

29 of 36 (4,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2012 7:15:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with the broken links.

Anyway, you can get to your CSS by logging on to your AT&T account, select "myAT&T", select "Profile", select "User Information" tab, scroll to "Contract Information" section, and click on "Customer Service Summary & Contract" hyperlink.  A box pops up; click on the "Customer Service Summary (Wireless)" hyperlink.  A .PDF file is generated, and you can either open it for viewing (with Adobe Acrobat), or save it for viewing later.

More importantly, however, is the fact that I did not change my phone plan, or did anything that the E-mail from AT&T mentioned:  "This e-mail is to confirm and explain recent changes you made to your wireless account."  What's up with that?

I'm having the same problem with the broken links.

Anyway, you can get to your CSS by logging on to your AT&T account, select "myAT&T", select "Profile", select "User Information" tab, scroll to "Contract Information" section, and click on "Customer Service Summary & Contract" hyperlink.  A box pops up; click on the "Customer Service Summary (Wireless)" hyperlink.  A .PDF file is generated, and you can either open it for viewing (with Adobe Acrobat), or save it for viewing later.

More importantly, however, is the fact that I did not change my phone plan, or did anything that the E-mail from AT&T mentioned:  "This e-mail is to confirm and explain recent changes you made to your wireless account."  What's up with that?

30 of 36 (4,265 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments