Custome Ringtones on Motorola Backflip?

Custome Ringtones on Motorola Backflip?

Hey whats up...i just got my Backflip today in the mail and i have been messing around with it a little bit trying to figure everything out. And i was wondering if i can make and put on my own ringtones?  i tried making one and i plugged the phone into my comp and transfered it...but it didnt show up when i tried to make it somones ringtone. it wasnt very long either was under i think 400k in size and was like...15 seconds?

anyways can anyone help me out?

Message 1 of 6 (2,751 Views)
Contributor

Re: Custome Ringtones on Motorola Backflip?

I've read that the size limit for now is 300K for ringtones. The 13.35 update supposedly removes this limit, but I did not get the early release on the update, so I can't verify this for sure.

Message 2 of 6 (2,724 Views)

does anyone know where i can get info on the ringtone thing...i really want to know

Message 3 of 6 (2,707 Views)

well i figured out the under 300k thing...it works now but does an update really exist like that? cause i searched for updates and it says im up to date

Message 4 of 6 (2,699 Views)
Contributor

The general announcement was that they released a limited amount of upgrades around May 12th and they are collecting feedback on any minor problems so they can tweak it before they make it available to everyone. Its not available yet, and they have also pulled the release notes on it. But before they did, it did show that one of the changes is the "no 300k" limit on ringtone files. Just have to wait for them to release it to everyone. Didn't see anything about a specific date yet.
Message 5 of 6 (2,685 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

just get the app ringdroid in the market for free. u can make your own ringtones with that.
Message 6 of 6 (2,545 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.