Current outages available anywhere?

Explorer

Current outages available anywhere?

Hey gang, Got up this morning to a flashing 3G light. Rebooted many times during the day but nothing. So a little while ago I tore down the network and put the MC right on the DSL modem. Still won't sync-up. So I called customer service and find out there's a state-wide outage in Florida today. The AT&T mods that watch this board... do you think you could get management to find a place on the support website to list MC outages? It would sure save phone calls and headaches. Heck, I'd be happy if it was stickied here at the top of page 1. Thanks!
Message 1 of 73 (12,131 Views)
Mentor

Re: Current outages available anywhere?

I'm in miami and noticed the same ....

I agree with you, but I wouldn't hold my breath, I doubt AT&T will do this.

Message 2 of 73 (11,517 Views)
Contributor

It's not working here in Palm Bay. I've been fighting with this thing all night. I'm glad to hear that it's not just me! The instructions said it was supposed to blink red when there was a service outage, but I guess that's not true.

Message 3 of 73 (11,461 Views)
Contributor

Just called AT&T and they stated that all of florida is experiencing 3G Microcell outages since 915AM.  There is no ETA.

Why doesn't AT&T post these things??

would save their customer service lines so much headache and customer headaches!

mike

Message 4 of 73 (11,454 Views)

Having the same problem here in Tampa Bay, worked all day yesterday then today the dreaded blinking green 3G light.  Customer support totally unaware of system trouble.

Message 5 of 73 (11,444 Views)
Voyager

not working here in miami, i did a reset and re registered in the at&t website thinking it was my microcell. i got the email and text saying it was activated but the 3G signal keeps flashing. now i know i'm not the only one..

Message 6 of 73 (11,440 Views)
Voyager

Also in Miami. Having same problem. Everything looks good but 3G indicator just flashes.

Message 7 of 73 (11,436 Views)
Voyager

In St Petersburg FL -- having same issue.  Called support and was told that it would be up tomorrow sometime... Just got this and am wondering how often outages occur?

Message 8 of 73 (11,401 Views)
Tutor

Same issue in Orlando.

Message 9 of 73 (11,366 Views)
Contributor

I just purchased mine yesterday... I spent 3 hours trying to set this thing up to no avail.

I ended up calling tech support and they spend 30 minutes with me trying to troubleshoot (which was a joke, why does it matter what OS I have on my PC?). In the end, they said it was an "Internal Network Issue" with my ISP and I needed to call them to figure it out.

Just for kicks and giggles, I did give them a call. They practically laughed at me because they and I both knew my ISP was working just fine, I'd been streaming netflix and surfing while waiting "90" minutes. Not once, but twice!

I was frustrated so, I finally decided to come to the forums and troubleshoot myself. I stumbled upon this post and O_O!!!!

If there has been an outage all day why couldn't tech support tell me 12 hours after its started?

Anywho, water under the bridge I guess... I woke up early this AM. rebooted the MicroCell and still nothing. Its been a 23 hrs outage thus far...

For those of you that have had this thing a while, is it common to have long outages like this??

Message 10 of 73 (11,320 Views)
Explorer

dharv...

I've had mine for about 2-3 months and this is my first known outage.

But there could have been others... short... and I just didn't call AT&T to see what's up.

Otherwise it does a pretty fair job.

Message 11 of 73 (9,124 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Well, now I find this out!!!  I'm in Orlando.  My Microcell has been perfect since 7/30.  My Microcell went down sometime late Monday night (8/16), I noticed it early Tuesday morning (8/17) and called support when I got home from work.  We did some troubleshooting and still nothing 3G light continues to flash.  The CSR had me deactivate my Microcell and try to reactivate it only to get a FTC193 activation error.  So yesterday Wednesday (8/18), I decided to return it, thinking it was bricked and since I was still within 30 days of my purchase.  I had to wait in line for two hours at the AT&T store, came home tried to activate the new Microcell and same thing 3G flashing and eventually the FTC193 error.

All of this could have been avoided if AT&T posted when and where they have outages.  Apparently, they do not even let their own CSRs know!!!Smiley Mad

Please everyone, post when your MicroCell is back up.  Then I can start my whole activation phase all over again.

Message 12 of 73 (9,108 Views)
Mentor

It's been up since 10:26 AM EST. (I know the exact timestamp because I happened to be running TCPdump on my router at the time, and saw the IPSec negotiation completion at that time.

Message 13 of 73 (9,042 Views)

Tampa Bay area cam up around 10:30 / 11:00a today working again.. Solid 3G light.. YEA ! Wondering if we will be receiving a rebate for the 24 hour outage ???

Better not spend that money yet huh ?

Message 14 of 73 (9,016 Views)
Contributor

I'm in the Tampa Bay area and still have the flashing 3G light. Was working fine until Tuesday morning and it's been out since then -- additionally I live in an area with no coverage so the Microcell is the only way to use the product with a quarter-mile of my house... Already done all the trouble shooting, everything is setup right, just still a flashing bar light on my system...

Message 15 of 73 (8,991 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.