Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 19, 2010
11:07:29 AM
Current MicroCell firmware version v.2?

Hi Folks,

First time on the MicroCell forum. I'm wondering what the current firmware version for the MicroCell is, and how to find out what my MC's version is? Also, where does one find and download the current firmware online? And finally, what's the process for updating the MC's firmware?

Thanks in advance! 

John

Hi Folks,

First time on the MicroCell forum. I'm wondering what the current firmware version for the MicroCell is, and how to find out what my MC's version is? Also, where does one find and download the current firmware online? And finally, what's the process for updating the MC's firmware?

Thanks in advance! 

John

Current MicroCell firmware version v.2?

27 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(27)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2010 11:31:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

It's all done by AT&T over your broadband connection.  There is no local user interface to this device.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

It's all done by AT&T over your broadband connection.  There is no local user interface to this device.

Re: Current MicroCell firmware version v.2?

2 of 28 (11,927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2010 11:45:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. So this is all done automatically? Is there some method of informing the user when an update occurs?

Thanks for your reply. So this is all done automatically? Is there some method of informing the user when an update occurs?

3 of 28 (11,921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2010 11:53:36 AM
(0)
Scholar
Yep its all done behind the scenes. There is no way to inform the user

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Yep its all done behind the scenes. There is no way to inform the user

4 of 28 (11,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2010 12:08:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Okey-dokey then.

Thanks, 
John 

Thanks, John 

Okey-dokey then.

Thanks, 
John 

Thanks, John 

5 of 28 (11,892 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 9:42:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thats fantastic that we cannot tell anything about our service. The voice quality is crap on my line and the first level tech support can't tell what firmware I have or when it will be upgraded. They also have no information on call statistics. The 3G microcell sucks and I recommend that people do not use it. The best tech support could do is tell me to return my microcell.

Thats fantastic that we cannot tell anything about our service. The voice quality is crap on my line and the first level tech support can't tell what firmware I have or when it will be upgraded. They also have no information on call statistics. The 3G microcell sucks and I recommend that people do not use it. The best tech support could do is tell me to return my microcell.

6 of 28 (11,479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 10:55:19 AM
(0)
Scholar

What relevance is the firmware version?  It's not user upgradeable.  If Tech support had pushed your issue to tier 2, they can do all that stuff.

What relevance is the firmware version?  It's not user upgradeable.  If Tech support had pushed your issue to tier 2, they can do all that stuff.

7 of 28 (11,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 11:08:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

My phone displays the OS version and baseband version. Why can't the 3G microcell? The microcell is the only software device in my home that I cannot tell the software version and some kind of health statistics.

If I knew the firmware version, I could tell whether my microcell had been upgraded and whether that patch fixed my problem or not. Flying blind would be fine if everything just worked and the tier 1 & 2 support had the information. People in the support forums could have real information as opposed to speculating.

My phone displays the OS version and baseband version. Why can't the 3G microcell? The microcell is the only software device in my home that I cannot tell the software version and some kind of health statistics.

If I knew the firmware version, I could tell whether my microcell had been upgraded and whether that patch fixed my problem or not. Flying blind would be fine if everything just worked and the tier 1 & 2 support had the information. People in the support forums could have real information as opposed to speculating.

8 of 28 (11,451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 11:11:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

kayakjamie wrote:

The device is locked down for security reasons. There is no web server imbedded in the device.

Tier 1 is worthless, tier 2 and network have access to the diagnostics the device provides internally including firmware version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns523/ns941/solution_overview_c22-597334.pdf

kayakjamie wrote:

The device is locked down for security reasons. There is no web server imbedded in the device.

Tier 1 is worthless, tier 2 and network have access to the diagnostics the device provides internally including firmware version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns523/ns941/solution_overview_c22-597334.pdf

Nothin left to do but smile smile smile :)

9 of 28 (11,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 11:56:03 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by AnClar on Aug 16, 2010 at 11:57:08 AM

This is a ludicrous situation.  Even though my MicroCell seems to work reasonable well, I hate being told by AT&T that I'm too stupid, or not "trustworthy enough" to have even the most basic of information about a device that connects to my network and potentially affects that network and my ability to make cell calls from inside my home.  Even my cable modem, which is not user serviceable has a screen that provides me with basic information about the modem's performance, software/firmware revision levels, and signal levels.  Because of this, I've been able to save untold hours in diagnosing problems, and saving the cable company from pricey (to them) and unnecessary truck rolls.  That AT&T refuses to provide us with even that level of information, let alone the ability to configure the device for optimal performance in our own network environments (like setting static IP addresses, for example) is beyond stupid.  If my device ever does give me major problems, my response will be to pack it up and return it to AT&T.  I will NOT devote (waste) hours of my time to talking to tier 1 support reps who know nothing about my network environment and even less about the MicroCell product.  Wake up AT&T!  Give your customers the tools to be able to efficiently use your devices in our networks!

This is a ludicrous situation.  Even though my MicroCell seems to work reasonable well, I hate being told by AT&T that I'm too stupid, or not "trustworthy enough" to have even the most basic of information about a device that connects to my network and potentially affects that network and my ability to make cell calls from inside my home.  Even my cable modem, which is not user serviceable has a screen that provides me with basic information about the modem's performance, software/firmware revision levels, and signal levels.  Because of this, I've been able to save untold hours in diagnosing problems, and saving the cable company from pricey (to them) and unnecessary truck rolls.  That AT&T refuses to provide us with even that level of information, let alone the ability to configure the device for optimal performance in our own network environments (like setting static IP addresses, for example) is beyond stupid.  If my device ever does give me major problems, my response will be to pack it up and return it to AT&T.  I will NOT devote (waste) hours of my time to talking to tier 1 support reps who know nothing about my network environment and even less about the MicroCell product.  Wake up AT&T!  Give your customers the tools to be able to efficiently use your devices in our networks!

[ Edited ]
10 of 28 (11,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2010 5:21:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

AnClar wrote:

Yett another intellegent response!! No wonder the ATT Mods dont give us useful information in here - they have to deal with this crap

AnClar wrote:

Yett another intellegent response!! No wonder the ATT Mods dont give us useful information in here - they have to deal with this crap

11 of 28 (9,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2010 8:18:59 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by AnClar on Aug 17, 2010 at 8:44:57 AM

dellsweig wrote:

AnClar wrote:

I truly have to laugh at your pointless, personal flame.  If you want to be a fanboi, that's your business.  I made a reasonable statement relating to the need for users to have useful, easily accessible  information from the devices they use on their networks, and my opinion of the time it takes to get to speak to anyone at AT&T who can truly speak to a problem, not to just read from a decision-tree script.  Yes...I think the decision to not include basic, user-accessible diagnostic information was not good.  I also think that much needs to be done regarding the level of CSR product knowledge, and the time it takes to reach someone who can address problems.  So you contacted a regional business rep at AT&T and got some answers...I'm glad you have the time to track that person down...some of us also work for a living and don't have that kind of time to spend playing detective.  Unlike you, I did not personally flame any mods, or anyone else.  This is a forum to comment on the AT&T MicroCell...if you don't like any comments other than  favorable ones I suggest you start a fansite of your own where you can censor whatever comments you don't personally like, but kindly refrain from making personal attacks in this one.

dellsweig wrote:

AnClar wrote:

I truly have to laugh at your pointless, personal flame.  If you want to be a fanboi, that's your business.  I made a reasonable statement relating to the need for users to have useful, easily accessible  information from the devices they use on their networks, and my opinion of the time it takes to get to speak to anyone at AT&T who can truly speak to a problem, not to just read from a decision-tree script.  Yes...I think the decision to not include basic, user-accessible diagnostic information was not good.  I also think that much needs to be done regarding the level of CSR product knowledge, and the time it takes to reach someone who can address problems.  So you contacted a regional business rep at AT&T and got some answers...I'm glad you have the time to track that person down...some of us also work for a living and don't have that kind of time to spend playing detective.  Unlike you, I did not personally flame any mods, or anyone else.  This is a forum to comment on the AT&T MicroCell...if you don't like any comments other than  favorable ones I suggest you start a fansite of your own where you can censor whatever comments you don't personally like, but kindly refrain from making personal attacks in this one.

[ Edited ]
12 of 28 (9,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2010 8:58:55 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Let's please stay on topic.  Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment in the Forum are not acceptable.  Thank you!

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Let's please stay on topic.  Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment in the Forum are not acceptable.  Thank you!

13 of 28 (9,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 7:30:39 PM
(0)
Teacher
There is little info on this device. It's very difficult to trouble shoot...that being said, the lack of user access to the device is a good thing.

The microcell is a security device. It's a VPN box. AT&T is smart not having any network services running on the box...it's a VPN client....that's it. Depending on how you deploy the microcell, it could be outside of a firewall, facing the Internet unprotected. Running even a small web server would be a bad idea.

I would like to see device information on the AT&T microcell configuration page...show firmware, voice stats, data stats, uptime and errors. This would help the end user engage tech support.....and I'd also like to have a number to microcell support...it's impossible from the microcell page to find a support number.
There is little info on this device. It's very difficult to trouble shoot...that being said, the lack of user access to the device is a good thing.

The microcell is a security device. It's a VPN box. AT&T is smart not having any network services running on the box...it's a VPN client....that's it. Depending on how you deploy the microcell, it could be outside of a firewall, facing the Internet unprotected. Running even a small web server would be a bad idea.

I would like to see device information on the AT&T microcell configuration page...show firmware, voice stats, data stats, uptime and errors. This would help the end user engage tech support.....and I'd also like to have a number to microcell support...it's impossible from the microcell page to find a support number.

14 of 28 (8,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 3:59:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

chkptco wrote:

Here are some cisco links that may help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/broadband_access_center/3.5/administration/guide/chap_4.htm...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns523/ns941/solution_overview_c22-597334.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps8611/ps10456/ps10465/ps10962/data_sheet_c78-59733...

chkptco wrote:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/broadband_access_center/3.5/administration/guide/chap_4.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns523/ns941/solution_overview_c22-597334.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps8611/ps10456/ps10465/ps10962/data_sheet_c78-597338.html

15 of 28 (8,697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 9:11:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

Last Tuesday, the voice quality on my microcell improved dramatically. I have a whole lot less incidents of garbled voice from the remote caller. People still occasionally complain about echo. The 370 ms one way latency is intolerable.

Dropped calls are about the same as the macro network which does not say much. Your are more likely to drop calls if you walk around because of how the dynamic power control works.

The real answer is Unlicensed Mobile Access (OMA) or Generic Access Network(GAN). It works over wifi which is ubiquitous, with no specialized hardware that you cannot manage. Subscribers can seamlessly handover connections between wireless LANs and wide area networks using a GSM/Wi-Fi dual-mode mobile phone. T-Mobile offers this with the Blackberry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_Access_Network

Last Tuesday, the voice quality on my microcell improved dramatically. I have a whole lot less incidents of garbled voice from the remote caller. People still occasionally complain about echo. The 370 ms one way latency is intolerable.

Dropped calls are about the same as the macro network which does not say much. Your are more likely to drop calls if you walk around because of how the dynamic power control works.

The real answer is Unlicensed Mobile Access (OMA) or Generic Access Network(GAN). It works over wifi which is ubiquitous, with no specialized hardware that you cannot manage. Subscribers can seamlessly handover connections between wireless LANs and wide area networks using a GSM/Wi-Fi dual-mode mobile phone. T-Mobile offers this with the Blackberry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_Access_Network

Re: Current MicroCell firmware - results

16 of 28 (8,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 2:17:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

dellsweig wrote:

chkptco wrote:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/broadband_access_center/3.5/administration/guide/chap_4.htm...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps8611/ps10456/ps10465/ps10962/data_sheet_c78-59733...

Thanks for the link...I've already perused the docs.  They give some good info.  But back to mine and other's point....there is little diagnostic information to be obtained from and end users stand point....they need to put a customer facing, front end to the Broadband Access Center that gives E/Users basic information. 

dellsweig wrote:

chkptco wrote:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/broadband_access_center/3.5/administration/guide/chap_4.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps8611/ps10456/ps10465/ps10962/data_sheet_c78-597338.html

Thanks for the link...I've already perused the docs.  They give some good info.  But back to mine and other's point....there is little diagnostic information to be obtained from and end users stand point....they need to put a customer facing, front end to the Broadband Access Center that gives E/Users basic information. 

17 of 28 (8,595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2010 10:27:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Moderator,

You are obviously an employee of AT&T.  What can you tell us about the update that's apparently been distributed to select markets?  I heard that this was an attempted fix to all the issues people, such as myself, are having with there iOS4 devices.  Any further info on when this update might go national?

Moderator,

You are obviously an employee of AT&T.  What can you tell us about the update that's apparently been distributed to select markets?  I heard that this was an attempted fix to all the issues people, such as myself, are having with there iOS4 devices.  Any further info on when this update might go national?

18 of 28 (8,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2010 6:51:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

Mazmaximus wrote:

Moderator,

ATT Network Engineering told me that the recent update (last Friday) only addressed time related (and location) where the Microcell was located near a time zone boundary

Mazmaximus wrote:

Moderator,

ATT Network Engineering told me that the recent update (last Friday) only addressed time related (and location) where the Microcell was located near a time zone boundary

19 of 28 (8,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 1:50:36 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by kayakjamie on Sep 24, 2010 at 2:11:05 PM

DO NOT BUY A MICROCELL.  [Keep it Spam Free] I put too much hope in the firmware update in my earlier post. I unplugged my microcell last week, frustrated with dropped calls, echo for the far end party and garbled voice on my end. Now I am back to just contending with poor coverage within sight of an AT&T billboard bragging that they cover "97% of Americans"

DO NOT BUY A MICROCELL.  [Keep it Spam Free] I put too much hope in the firmware update in my earlier post. I unplugged my microcell last week, frustrated with dropped calls, echo for the far end party and garbled voice on my end. Now I am back to just contending with poor coverage within sight of an AT&T billboard bragging that they cover "97% of Americans"

Re: Current MicroCell firmware - results

[ Edited ]
20 of 28 (7,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 2:14:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

dellsweig wrote:

That's my only nit to pick with it.  There should be an embedded web server to simply provide status information.  No need to expose a configuration interface to the users, but a status page would be quite useful.  Since the femtocell runs Linux under the hood, this should be reasonably trivial to implement.  After all, the device already provides instrumentation data back to some sort of operations center already.

The fact that I've got absolutely no idea what it's doing is the reason my Microcell lives in its own vlan that has absolutely no access to my home network, other than Internet access.

dellsweig wrote:

That's my only nit to pick with it.  There should be an embedded web server to simply provide status information.  No need to expose a configuration interface to the users, but a status page would be quite useful.  Since the femtocell runs Linux under the hood, this should be reasonably trivial to implement.  After all, the device already provides instrumentation data back to some sort of operations center already.

The fact that I've got absolutely no idea what it's doing is the reason my Microcell lives in its own vlan that has absolutely no access to my home network, other than Internet access.

21 of 28 (7,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 2:32:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

My microcell lives in the box it came in because I have unplugged it. I have worse service with it than without it.

My microcell lives in the box it came in because I have unplugged it. I have worse service with it than without it.

22 of 28 (7,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2010 1:16:25 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by James281 on Nov 6, 2010 at 1:17:06 AM

kayakjamie: totally agree with you, my phone have 1 bar signal and it still work better than the stupid microcell, not too supprise that att didn't do anything about it. the larger the company grown the worse they'll get.

kayakjamie: totally agree with you, my phone have 1 bar signal and it still work better than the stupid microcell, not too supprise that att didn't do anything about it. the larger the company grown the worse they'll get.

[ Edited ]
23 of 28 (6,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2011 12:00:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T Exec.s take note.  This posting illustrates a much larger challenge for your company than just the topic being discussed.  It speaks to your culture and the way your customers feel about you as a service provider.

IMO, you will not be around as a company in 5 years if you don't make immediate changes at the core of your business.  A very large generation of people (read: customer base) continues to age while smaller generations of younger customers take its place.  These more recent generations of customers will not tolerate your arrogance of telling them what's important and what they can and can't have, as the author points out.

AT&T, you have some very big challenges ahead of you, but you also possess some huge advantages.  Many of us will be watching with great expectations to see how you reinvent yourselves.

As a stock holder, I wish you luck.  As a customer, I encourage you to be quick about it.

AT&T Exec.s take note.  This posting illustrates a much larger challenge for your company than just the topic being discussed.  It speaks to your culture and the way your customers feel about you as a service provider.

IMO, you will not be around as a company in 5 years if you don't make immediate changes at the core of your business.  A very large generation of people (read: customer base) continues to age while smaller generations of younger customers take its place.  These more recent generations of customers will not tolerate your arrogance of telling them what's important and what they can and can't have, as the author points out.

AT&T, you have some very big challenges ahead of you, but you also possess some huge advantages.  Many of us will be watching with great expectations to see how you reinvent yourselves.

As a stock holder, I wish you luck.  As a customer, I encourage you to be quick about it.

24 of 28 (6,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2011 1:59:47 PM
(0)
Guru

I am reminded of the scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly where the commandant of the POW camp tells Angel Eyes that he intends to haul him before a Court Martial. Angel Eyes (played by Lee Van Cleef) grins and replies, "I wish you luck."

AT&T has made it clear that not only do they not care, but that they have no intention of ever fostering any sort of culture of empathy for their customers. Their metaphorical Titanic is grinding up against the iceberg of customer dissatisfaction and they're ordering the stokers to pour more coal on the fire.

AT&T and Verizon currently offer the perfect Morton's Fork to their wireless customers. AT&T's network has the reliability of an Alfa Romeo with sand poured into the crankcase, but on those occasions that it DOES work, it's very fast and you can use data and voice simultaneously. Verizon's network is slow as molasses and can only do one thing at a time, but it actually works properly.

I presume that my next phone will be an LTE iPhone. I'll likely have a choice of provider, when that happens. AT&T might surprise me and make a remarkable turnaround. But if they don't, then I can absolutely guarantee I'll stop taking the blue pill and take the red one instead.

I am reminded of the scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly where the commandant of the POW camp tells Angel Eyes that he intends to haul him before a Court Martial. Angel Eyes (played by Lee Van Cleef) grins and replies, "I wish you luck."

AT&T has made it clear that not only do they not care, but that they have no intention of ever fostering any sort of culture of empathy for their customers. Their metaphorical Titanic is grinding up against the iceberg of customer dissatisfaction and they're ordering the stokers to pour more coal on the fire.

AT&T and Verizon currently offer the perfect Morton's Fork to their wireless customers. AT&T's network has the reliability of an Alfa Romeo with sand poured into the crankcase, but on those occasions that it DOES work, it's very fast and you can use data and voice simultaneously. Verizon's network is slow as molasses and can only do one thing at a time, but it actually works properly.

I presume that my next phone will be an LTE iPhone. I'll likely have a choice of provider, when that happens. AT&T might surprise me and make a remarkable turnaround. But if they don't, then I can absolutely guarantee I'll stop taking the blue pill and take the red one instead.

25 of 28 (6,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2011 8:40:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Same. Mine is unplugged at the moment. I would rather deal with 1-bar of service vs. "5 bars" of service with audio dropping in and out for the other end. A complete dropped call is much easier to deal with as opposed to "Hey ____ when are you ____ going ____ _____ ____. Just wondering."

Same. Mine is unplugged at the moment. I would rather deal with 1-bar of service vs. "5 bars" of service with audio dropping in and out for the other end. A complete dropped call is much easier to deal with as opposed to "Hey ____ when are you ____ going ____ _____ ____. Just wondering."

26 of 28 (6,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 1:43:08 PM
(0)
Employee

what are your internet speeds? I'm sure your internet is fine but I've been noticing while troubleshooting Microcells that customers with issues, their internet connections at the time are below the recommended speeds:

1.5 mbps/sec download

256 kbps/sec upload

what are your internet speeds? I'm sure your internet is fine but I've been noticing while troubleshooting Microcells that customers with issues, their internet connections at the time are below the recommended speeds:

1.5 mbps/sec download

256 kbps/sec upload

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

27 of 28 (6,065 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 5:13:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ShaunMN on Aug 9, 2011 at 5:26:21 PM

I'm not having nearly the problems that some of you are having. I get a few more dropped calls at home, but this is likely because I'm on the phone more at home, so notice it more often.

My big problem is nearly every first call i attempt to make times out or takes about 60 seconds to place. Once that happens I'm usually ok.

I actually have to wait for a call to time out first though. If I hang up, try again, hang up, try again, etc. then I never get through. i tried that for 10 minutes once just to see if that did anything.

Did I mention all of my lights are solid green? No problems there.

Unfortunately service is So bad at my house that I'm stuck with microcell. I get zero service in 80% of my house, so I couldn't even walk around if I was on a call.

I have an iphone4 if that makes a difference too. Usually when I get super annoyed I use the Mark the Spot app to strongly {word filter evasion} (couldn't spell that correctly) about it. But usually I don't bother, because I'm trying to Call someone. ha.

I would Only recommend the MicroCell for people who have no other choice. And if you have no other choice, they should give it to you. I had a deal where if you signed up with their useless 20 dollar plan you get a 50 dollar discount, and if you recently signed up with internet with them (and I did) you get a 100 dollar rebate. Wouldn't you know it, that's the whole cost of the unit. So i had nothing to lose but 20 dollars and some tax. I cancelled that "unlimited" plan right away. I don't use the minutes I Have. And if I did I'd just use my data plan to talk instead of the phone. There's Always a way.

I'm not having nearly the problems that some of you are having. I get a few more dropped calls at home, but this is likely because I'm on the phone more at home, so notice it more often.

My big problem is nearly every first call i attempt to make times out or takes about 60 seconds to place. Once that happens I'm usually ok.

I actually have to wait for a call to time out first though. If I hang up, try again, hang up, try again, etc. then I never get through. i tried that for 10 minutes once just to see if that did anything.

Did I mention all of my lights are solid green? No problems there.

Unfortunately service is So bad at my house that I'm stuck with microcell. I get zero service in 80% of my house, so I couldn't even walk around if I was on a call.

I have an iphone4 if that makes a difference too. Usually when I get super annoyed I use the Mark the Spot app to strongly {word filter evasion} (couldn't spell that correctly) about it. But usually I don't bother, because I'm trying to Call someone. ha.

I would Only recommend the MicroCell for people who have no other choice. And if you have no other choice, they should give it to you. I had a deal where if you signed up with their useless 20 dollar plan you get a 50 dollar discount, and if you recently signed up with internet with them (and I did) you get a 100 dollar rebate. Wouldn't you know it, that's the whole cost of the unit. So i had nothing to lose but 20 dollars and some tax. I cancelled that "unlimited" plan right away. I don't use the minutes I Have. And if I did I'd just use my data plan to talk instead of the phone. There's Always a way.

[ Edited ]
28 of 28 (5,229 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments