Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 28, 2011
10:17:01 AM
Credits, Adjustments, Other Chargers Increasing?

Hi there,

We have a bill which has two different plans because there are 6 of us. 1 on 1 plan and the other 5 on another. Usually we get around a $230 bill but this time it was $250+ and I noticed credits, adj, and other charges was 40+. Any idea why that is?

Hi there,

We have a bill which has two different plans because there are 6 of us. 1 on 1 plan and the other 5 on another. Usually we get around a $230 bill but this time it was $250+ and I noticed credits, adj, and other charges was 40+. Any idea why that is?

Credits, Adjustments, Other Chargers Increasing?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 10:39:22 AM
(0)
Expert

bascotie wrote:

Hi there,

Someplace in the bill the "other charges" should be itemized, look at each individual phone section.

You or someone on your account may have fallne for the "Get free ringtones" type of text or website, these normal charge a monthly subscription plan.

bascotie wrote:

Hi there,

Someplace in the bill the "other charges" should be itemized, look at each individual phone section.

You or someone on your account may have fallne for the "Get free ringtones" type of text or website, these normal charge a monthly subscription plan.

Re: Credits, Adjustments, Other Chargers Increasing?

2 of 6 (1,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 11:09:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

Awesome found it:

1 04/12/2011 ATT Navigator with promo n/a AS Telenav n/a 05/11/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99
 2 04/13/2011 MobileAlerts 41089 MT Blackout Marketing I 18430 05/13/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99
 3 04/13/2011 Grandprize.com Alerts 41729 MT Grandprize.com 14103 05/13/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99
 4 04/13/2011 jamster.com 75555 MT Fox Mobile US 14733 05/12/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99

Would I have to dispute these charges with ATT or the sites themselves?

Awesome found it:

1 04/12/2011 ATT Navigator with promo n/a AS Telenav n/a 05/11/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99
 2 04/13/2011 MobileAlerts 41089 MT Blackout Marketing I 18430 05/13/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99
 3 04/13/2011 Grandprize.com Alerts 41729 MT Grandprize.com 14103 05/13/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99
 4 04/13/2011 jamster.com 75555 MT Fox Mobile US 14733 05/12/2011 9.99 0.00 9.99

Would I have to dispute these charges with ATT or the sites themselves?

3 of 6 (1,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 11:47:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

I was also recently informed that my brother did not sign up for these services. He remembers answering a call from one of them and hanging up, and launching att navigator just to see what it was. I've worked for Cingular back in the day, and the level of security (or lack thereof) between the user and your bill is ridiculously low. Of course, they love it because it is easy extra cash and most people don't notice these extra charges.

I was also recently informed that my brother did not sign up for these services. He remembers answering a call from one of them and hanging up, and launching att navigator just to see what it was. I've worked for Cingular back in the day, and the level of security (or lack thereof) between the user and your bill is ridiculously low. Of course, they love it because it is easy extra cash and most people don't notice these extra charges.

4 of 6 (1,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 4:15:46 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Apr 28, 2011 at 4:17:58 PM

bascotie wrote:

from what it looks like navigator is the only valid ATT item, if you trid it for the first 30 days and did not cancel then it automaticly renewed, Mobile Alerts I am not sure of, do not recall any ATT service that is called that, although there maybe, the rest of them are 3rd party companies that are autobilling your account - they tend to bury the "acceptance" of billing in a long set of text that they know 99 percent of the people will not slog through it. for those you can call ATT and have them reverse the charges, might want to request the free purchase block option at the same time.

ATT makes nothing off the 3rd party companies, that is the 3rd party companies underhanded way of getting people to sign up - anotehr is the offer of "free ringtones". As far as navagator goes it does have the statement that yu have to cancel it or it will auto-renew in the terms and I beleive there is a accept button under the disclaimer for navigator - by accepting it you accepted the terms, not a unusally situation in wireless or the rest of teh business world

bascotie wrote:

from what it looks like navigator is the only valid ATT item, if you trid it for the first 30 days and did not cancel then it automaticly renewed, Mobile Alerts I am not sure of, do not recall any ATT service that is called that, although there maybe, the rest of them are 3rd party companies that are autobilling your account - they tend to bury the "acceptance" of billing in a long set of text that they know 99 percent of the people will not slog through it. for those you can call ATT and have them reverse the charges, might want to request the free purchase block option at the same time.

ATT makes nothing off the 3rd party companies, that is the 3rd party companies underhanded way of getting people to sign up - anotehr is the offer of "free ringtones". As far as navagator goes it does have the statement that yu have to cancel it or it will auto-renew in the terms and I beleive there is a accept button under the disclaimer for navigator - by accepting it you accepted the terms, not a unusally situation in wireless or the rest of teh business world

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (1,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 7:51:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks. I'm speaking to Allen now who has been a very helpful rep. He was able to refund a little over half the charges (which came out to about $90). I feel a little bummed that they could not credit us for the rest, considering we never used these applications =/ but he was very helpful and is even trying to set up the free purchase blocker now for phones without data so they can't access the internet period. 

Thanks. I'm speaking to Allen now who has been a very helpful rep. He was able to refund a little over half the charges (which came out to about $90). I feel a little bummed that they could not credit us for the rest, considering we never used these applications =/ but he was very helpful and is even trying to set up the free purchase blocker now for phones without data so they can't access the internet period. 

6 of 6 (1,390 Views)